Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Nice to get this visit...

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Nice to get this visit...
« on: May 03, 2013, 08:42:56 AM »
And notice who his head and position coach in HS is. DeDe at HC and Travis Williams his pos. coach. We aren't in his top 5 yet but I suspect we will make it. It is important to even get a visit from a guy like this. It snowballs. from al.com

comments

Nation's top recruit Da'Shawn Hand visiting Auburn this weekend
  By Matt Scalici | mscalici@al.com

Da'Shawn Hand is rated by multiple recruiting services as the nation's top overall recruit for the Class of 2014. (Photo courtesy of 247Sports)

Gus Malzahn and his new Auburn staff will roll out the red carpet this weekend for the No. 1 recruit in the nation as Woodbridge, Virginia defensive end Da'Shawn Hand is set to take an unofficial visit to Auburn's campus this weekend, according to reports from Rivals.com and 247Sports.
 The 6-foot-5, 245-pound lineman, who was visited at his school by Alabama assistant Lance Thompson this week, is rated by both services as the No. 1 overall recruit in the nation for the Class of 2014. While Auburn isn't currently listed among his top five (which includes Virginia Tech, Alabama, Florida, Michigan and South Carolina), the Tigers will get an opportunity to make an impression on the elite pass rusher this weekend.

“I think within Da’Shawn’s top five there’s room for another team to jump up into the mix,” 247Sports recruiting analyst JC Shurburtt said. “I think Florida is a team that can move up within his top five but I think Auburn, with a good visit, could move into that mix as well and potentially get an official."

One factor potentially playing in Auburn's favor is Hand's coaching staff at Woodbridge, which includes former Auburn stars Karibi Dede and Travis Williams who serve as Hand's head coach and defensive coordinator, respectively.

"Coach Dede has been clear to me every time I’ve talked to him that he’s not forcing Auburn on anybody," Shurburtt said. "That’s not how he does things."

As a junior, Hand recorded 78 tackles including an astounding 40 tackles for loss and 16 sacks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Re: Nice to get this visit...
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 09:00:12 AM »
"Coach Dede has been clear to me every time I’ve talked to him that he’s not forcing Auburn on anybody," Shurburtt said. "That’s not how he does things."

Come on, man!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 10:34:05 PM »
I like the Rivals article where Hand states that he's wanting to take a look at Auburn, just to ”see what they're offering...”
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2013, 04:13:05 PM »
Hopefully, he he doesn't end up with Reuben's Regret.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 04:17:31 PM by Pell City Tiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 05:04:57 PM »
I'm having second thoughts on whether this was actually nice to get this visit. Kid didn't seem very impressed with his visit and his highlight was apparently visiting "a construction site."

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/05/nations_top_recruit_dashawn_ha.html#incart_flyout_sports
Nation's top recruit Da'Shawn Hand gives thoughts on Alabama, Auburn
Print
 By Matt Scalici | mscalici@al.com
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on May 13, 2013 at 12:35 PM, updated May 13, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Da'Shawn Hand is rated the nation's top overall prospect by multiple recruiting services. (Photo courtesy of 247Sports)

The nation's top overall recruit for the Class of 2014, Woodbridge (Va.) defensive end Da'Shawn Hand, says he is in no rush to choose a school as of now but has narrowed his list to a top five: Alabama, Florida, Michigan, South Carolina and Virginia Tech.
 While the 6-foot-5, 250-pound star recently gave positive reviews of Auburn after taking a trip there with his head coach, former Auburn star Karibi Dede, the Tigers did not impress the five-star pass rusher enough to move into his top five.

"It was fun, it was good, but you know," Hand told 247Sports. "I'm not really putting them in the hunt or anything."

Hand told 247Sports that each school in his top five has its own unique appeal to him.

"All have their little pieces," Hand said. "At Auburn, I went to a construction site. At South Carolina, it was the linemen, at Michigan it was the sports marketing and at Alabama, it was Alabama. It's Alabama."

Hand has earned invitations to both the US Army All-American Game and the Under Armour All-American Game and is the consensus choice by the major recruiting services as the nation's No. 1 defensive lineman. As a junior, Hand registered 78 tackles, including 40 tackles for loss and 16 sacks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2013, 05:13:33 PM »
Well, he got his own hard hat and everything.  What's not to like?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2013, 05:20:45 PM »
Well, he got his own hard hat and everything.  What's not to like?
We didn't really want him anyway. I mean, he has the stars and everything but we have others higher on our list.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2013, 05:22:36 PM »
I'm so glad Matt Scalici was assigned this story.  He's just a bundle of positive energy for Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2013, 06:51:53 PM »
I'm so glad Matt Scalici was assigned this story.  He's just a bundle of positive energy for Auburn.

:rofl:  :jaw:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2013, 08:28:49 PM »
It's okay though...there haven't been any decent prospects out of Virginia in the last 4 or 5 years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2013, 10:38:03 PM »
...at Alabama, it was Alabama. It's Alabama."

uat is the leading bidder, at this time. He liked what uat was ”offering”.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs