Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Yes, These People Walk Among Us

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Yes, These People Walk Among Us
« on: May 01, 2013, 12:55:26 PM »
From the Foxnews.com and the Tigers X Face Palm Department, I give you a man worthy of  :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

:facepalm:'s being the worst.

What a banana.

A New Hampshire man says he squandered his life savings playing a rigged carnival game in hopes of winning an Xbox game system.

Henry Gribbohm, 30, of New Hampshire, told WBZ-TV that he ended up losing $2,600 playing Tubs of Fun at a Fiesta Shows' carnival. The next day, he said he complained to a person running the game and was given $600 and a large stuffed banana with dreadlocks.

To some, a large stuffed banana may suffice, but Gribbohm later filed a report with the Manchester Police Department claiming that the game was rigged. The department told the station that it is investigating the matter.

Tubs of Fun is notoriously challenging. Gribbohm told the station that he practiced and thought he had a knack for it. But once the game began the balls started popping out of the water. His only explanation: "It's not possible that it wasn't rigged."

Like a down-on-his-luck Blackjack player, Gribbohm began making riskier bets to win back some money and told WBZ-TV that at one point he dropped $300 in a few minutes. He went home and got another $2,300, he told the station.

The game is operated by an outside party and Fiesta told the station that it will also investigate Gribbohm’s allegations.

"For once in my life, I happened to become that sucker," he said.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/30/new-hampshire-who-loses-life-savings-on-carnival-game-looks-to-appeal/?test=latestnews#ixzz2S3ni6bWu
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Yes, These People Walk Among Us
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 01:17:09 PM »
You can't hide money. 

$1 to Jumbo
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 02:07:25 PM »
30 year old man.  $2,600 LIFE savings.   :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 02:14:29 PM »
30 year old man.  $2,600 LIFE savings.   :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
That's the same thing I was thinking. The son-of-a-bitch had too much money anyway. He needed to spread it and stimulate.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 02:24:35 PM »
Haters.  I was stylin' and profilin' if my "portfolio" had $2,600.00 in at 30 years old. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 02:36:33 PM »
Haters.  I was stylin' and profilin' if my "portfolio" had $2,600.00 in at 30 years old.

Hell at 30 I only had $26.00
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2013, 02:41:56 PM »

Hell, I was in debt $2,600 at 30 years old.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2013, 03:18:49 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2013, 03:47:37 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2013, 04:24:01 PM »
Me...too...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2013, 02:28:27 PM »
Follow up.  Will he give up the dreadlock banana?  FoxNews.kum

After learning that a New Hampshire man lost his life savings at a carnival in hopes of winning an Xbox, a satire website offered to buy the large stuffed banana the man received as a consolation gift for the same amount of money the man lost, WBZ reports.

Henry Gribbohm, 30, of New Hampshire, told WBZ-TV that he ended up losing $2,600 playing Tubs of Fun at a Fiesta Shows' carnival. The next day, he said he complained to a person running the game and was given $600 and a large stuffed banana with dreadlocks.

Gribbohm later filed a report with the Manchester Police Department claiming that the game was rigged. The department told the station that it is investigating the matter.

Tubs of Fun is notoriously challenging. Gribbohm told the station that he practiced and thought he had a knack for it. But once the game began, the balls started popping out of the water. His only explanation: "It's not possible that it wasn't rigged."

CollegeHumor.com  caught wind of the story, and announced it would buy the dreadlocked banana for the $2,600.

“For every Facebook 'Like' this post gets, we'll put 10 cents toward the cost of Henry's stuffed banana, and if we get to 26,000 Likes, we'll offer to buy Henry's banana for $2,600. If this post gets over 30,000 Likes, we'll offer to buy Henry's banana AND pay for the Xbox Kinect that he was originally trying to win,” the post said.

Like a down-on-his-luck Blackjack player, Gribbohm began making riskier bets to win back some money and told WBZ-TV that at one point he dropped $300 in a few minutes. He went home and got another $2,300, he told the station.

The game is operated by an outside party and Fiesta told the station that it will also investigate Gribbohm’s allegations.

"For once in my life, I happened to become that sucker," he said.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/02/website-offers-2600-for-new-hampshire-mans-dreadlocked-banana-report-says/?test=latestnews#ixzz2SA1y36XE
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2013, 02:35:59 PM »
Me...too...

To be honest I was in some piss hole country where that prolly made me a millionare.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2013, 03:24:35 PM »
To be honest I was in some piss hole country where that prolly made me a millionare.
Me too. I think I was in Dadeville at around that age.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2013, 03:28:39 PM »
Me too. I think I was in Dadeville at around that age.

So, all your money went to pay for speeding tickets?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2013, 03:30:55 PM »
So, all your money went to pay for speeding tickets?
That and the Beast. Spice wasn't around yet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2013, 10:47:47 AM »
X-Box Kinect is maybe $400? You can't hide money. Hell I have $260 in savings right now, thanks to Uncle Sam and his rigged tax give me all the money game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2013, 03:18:51 PM »
X-Box Kinect is maybe $400? You can't hide money. Hell I have $260 in savings right now, thanks to Uncle Sam and his rigged tax give me all the money game.

GOD DAMMIT JUMBO ...at some point it's the principle...the principality. You can't let the game beat you!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2013, 03:50:11 PM »
GOD DAMMIT JUMBO ...at some point it's the principle...the principality. You can't let the game beat you!

Recognize!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2013, 04:20:56 PM »
X-Box Kinect is maybe $400?

Where the hell are you shopping?  The Kinect by itself is around $100.  The 360/Kinect bundle is about $300, depending on which console you get.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin