Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Selena and Jay

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Selena and Jay
« on: May 01, 2013, 08:35:57 AM »
I didn't see this posted anywhere on here but then again, I don't read most of the boorish material that others post on here. The point about this one that catches one in the 22 is that there is merit to the idea that even though Selena's story and attempt was weak sauce, it could have saved JJ's job. Isn't that some classic tin foil conspiracy stuff--but I think it's true. The heifer may have gotten lucky and hurt us even worse than NCAA Sanctions. Well, we would need to agree that JJ was at least as close as ever to being fired but he can survive sex with a cow on Magnolia at noon--so it's certainly not a given.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2013/04/post_17.html

Selena Roberts may be the best thing to happen to Auburn's Jay Jacobs (Scarbinsky)

Print
 By Kevin Scarbinsky | kscarbinsky@al.com
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on April 22, 2013 at 8:56 PM, updated April 22, 2013 at 10:32 PM

AD Jay Jacobs introduces Gus Malzahn as Auburn's head football coach Dec. 4, 2012. (Julie Bennett/al.com)

If you thought A-Day was interesting at Auburn, with all those fans, all those good vibrations and all that bathroom tissue, you hadn’t seen anything yet.

Saturday was Ultra, Extra and Angel Soft.

The Monday after was much weightier.

Jay Jacobs continued to try to change his image from that of the unpopular AD presiding over the worst year in Auburn history to the white knight defending the school against dubious charges. His ruthlessly documented point-by-point deconstruction of allegations on Roopstigo.com would make a defense attorney proud.

Gene Chizik broke his unemployed silence and saddled up next to his old boss to ride to the defense of the school that fired him but still pays him. He displayed more passion in sitdowns with WJOX in Birmingham and with Auburn beat writers than he had in all of his interviews as head coach combined.

And Jay Gogue? How did he contribute to all the “we’re not gonna take it; no, we ain’t gonna take it” sound and fury?

He put together a committee.

That’s so Gogue.

If he were a football coach, he’d poll the assistants on what play to call on third-and-goal.

At least the Auburn president kept his eye on the ball, even if it was from a distance.

The largest spring-game crowd in the country and in school history, the equestrian national championship, the final rolling of Toomer’s Corner and the aggressive, effective rebuttals to a website’s would-be “expose” shouldn’t obscure the overall state of the athletics department.

The football team did go 3-9 overall and 0-8 in the SEC, the school’s worst season in six decades, which led to an expensive coaching change. The basketball team did go 9-23 overall and 3-15 in the SEC, the most losses in school history. The baseball team is 24-16 overall but 6-12 in SEC play, which is last in the West and 11th overall.

The performance of the department as a whole falls at the feet of Jacobs, and the future of the AD lies in the hands of Gogue.

Some trustees wanted the president to send Jacobs packing along with Chizik after the 49-0 debacle in the Iron Bowl, but Gogue would meet them only halfway. So why ask a group of six people for a second opinion now?

Interesting that Jacobs would be the one to announce the formation of the committee Monday in his latest letter to the Auburn family. The news almost got lost, stuck in between the strong “Selena Roberts was wrong” opening statement and the feel-good “A-Day to remember” closing.

The statement says this committee has been charged with undertaking a “top-to-bottom review” of the athletics department, and one of the five areas it’s supposed to examine is “the department’s management structure, including the effectiveness of its leadership.”

Who’s the leader of the athletics department? Jacobs. Has he been an effective leader? There are strong opinions among Auburn people on both sides of that question. He’s certainly been more assertive and aggressive of late, and that’s not by accident.

It appears Auburn has undertaken a concerted effort to change Jacobs’ image, which has taken a serious hit among the fan base as the losses in the major sports have mounted this academic year. It helps that the focus of the fans has shifted from debating internal issues to confronting external accusers.

In that sense, Roberts may be the best thing to happen to Jacobs.

It’s too early to tell if Gogue’s committee will be more independent-minded than the committee that assisted Jacobs in bringing back Gus Malzahn as the safest possible hire as head football coach. There is one common thread. Mac Crawford, fresh off his work on the coaching search committee, will be part of the athletics department review committee, too.

Gogue also tapped an old friend in Dave Maggard, who was the AD at Houston when Gogue served as president there.

As important as it’s been for Jacobs and Chizik to speak up and not let questionable allegations go unquestioned, it’s just as important that Auburn athletics take a hard look at the way it goes about its business.

Otherwise, the Tigers risk falling farther behind their rivals in the state, the division and the conference.

Remember, some of the same people cheering the current AD and the former coach now were jeering them last fall, calling for a regime change rather than a coaching change.

Gogue wouldn’t clean house then. It’s hard to imagine this committee would suggest he go that far now.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 08:43:51 AM by WiregrassTiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Re: Selena and Jay
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 09:15:14 AM »
The heifer may have gotten lucky and hurt us even worse than NCAA Sanctions. Well, we would need to agree that JJ was at least as close as ever to being fired but he can survive sex with a cow on Magnolia at noon--so it's certainly not a given.

And you call most of the posts here "boorish"? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 09:21:02 AM »
The Germans, the moon, that sort of thing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 09:38:52 AM »
The Germans, the moon, that sort of thing.

The cot damn Germans ain't got nothin' to do with this!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 09:42:58 AM »
And Jay Gogue? How did he contribute to all the “we’re not gonna take it; no, we ain’t gonna take it” sound and fury?
http://www.nevertoyieldfoundation.com/2013/were-not-going-to-take-it-and-neither-should-you/

No doubt, al.com's research team consists of a dude reading http://www.nevertoyieldfoundation.com/
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 09:47:39 AM »
I was hoping this was about

and

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2013, 09:55:26 AM »
Two e-penis flexes in two days.  I aaammmmm....TIIIIIIITAANNNNNN......TIIGEERRRRRRR.... :thumsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2013, 09:58:23 AM »
The cot damn Germans ain't got nothin' to do with this!

You sounded...uh...taller on the radio.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2013, 06:54:02 AM »
http://www.nevertoyieldfoundation.com/2013/were-not-going-to-take-it-and-neither-should-you/

No doubt, al.com's research team consists of a dude reading http://www.nevertoyieldfoundation.com/
Was thinking the exact same thing...sounds to me like the NTY group is gaining more attention with each article...though there are times I wish things could be written with a lot less words, but I guess when things need to be said it shouldn't matter if it's a 25,000 word or a 10 page article. My mind does start to wonder about a bit when I'm trying to read some of their articles while driving.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2013, 08:20:50 AM »
That is one of the scariest images I have ever seen.
Why would Bette Midler scare you?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2013, 08:46:59 AM »
Jay Snyder don't give a shit
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2013, 09:53:37 AM »
You sounded...uh...taller on the radio.
#winning
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.