Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

We missed again...

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
We missed again...
« on: April 24, 2013, 05:17:17 PM »
Kid grows up an AU fan. Till we beat em on the field, it's suckage.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/04/4-star_opelika_cornerback_step.html#incart_river_default

4-star Opelika cornerback Stephen Roberts commits to Alabama

Print
 By Matt Scalici | mscalici@al.com
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on April 24, 2013 at 1:12 PM, updated April 24, 2013
Opelika cornerback Stephen Roberts is rated the No. 10 player in the state of Alabama by the 247Composite rankings. (Photo courtesy of 247Sports)

Alabama picked up its fifth commitment of the 2014 recruiting class on Wednesday when Opelika cornerback Stephen Roberts pledged his commitment to the Crimson Tide. Roberts, a 6-foot, 177-pound defensive back rated a four-star prospect by 247Sports and ESPN, informed Alabama defensive coordinator Kirby Smart of his decision after Smart visited Opelika to observe Roberts during spring practice.

"It was an easy decision for me," Roberts said. "Everything about Alabama fits me perfectly from their style of play to the relationships I have built with the coaching staff. It's just the perfect fit for me as a player and as a student."

Roberts, who visited Alabama for their A-Day spring game last weekend, said he grew up an Auburn fan but that his childhood preferences didn't factor into his decision.

"Being a fan and being a player are two totally different things," Roberts said. "I have always rooted for Auburn as a fan but when it comes time to making the decision about what's best for me as a player going forward, you can't think about those things. Alabama has put a lot of defensive backs into the NFL in the last few years and I believe they will give me the best chance to develop into the best player I can be."

Rated as the nation's No. 23 cornerback by the 247Composite rankings, Roberts said that while most of his experience is at the cornerback spot, Alabama likes his versatility and his potential to play multiple positions.

"Coach Saban and Coach Smart both told me they feel like I could play not just corner but also safety and nickel for them and they like that I have that versatility."

Roberts, who holds scholarship offers from Auburn, Florida State and a number of other major programs, said that he does not anticipate taking any further visits.

"My high school coach is a big believer in being true to your word. He says that once you commit, you need to stay committed. I'm ready to make my decision and I'm not really interested in looking at other schools."

As a junior, Roberts helped lead Opelika to the 6A state championship game with 64 tackles, 9 tackles for loss, 11 pass breakups and 4 interceptions, three of which were returned for touchdowns.

Check out highlights from Roberts' junior season in the clip below:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: We missed again...
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 05:33:08 PM »
Scalici had one hand full of lotion, rubbing his tiny dick while he typed this with the other. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 08:27:58 PM »
”uat has put Corners in the NFL.” And? There's A LOT of teams that have put CBs in the NFL. Have any of saban's CBs actually done anything in the NFL, except for not knowing how to play the CB position?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 09:25:53 PM »
”uat has put Corners in the NFL.” And? There's A LOT of teams that have put CBs in the NFL. Have any of saban's CBs actually done anything in the NFL, except for not knowing how to play the CB position?
They put more players in the NFL as of late and are winning championships out the arse. Nothing else really matters. We can bitch and moan over losing guys like this all we want, and I'm doing a lot of that, but we have to beat Saban and get back to being the real Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 10:22:05 PM »

But they don't backpedal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2013, 11:13:04 AM »

At least they get to the NFL-Ours guys can't cover/Play/Tackle nor do they even sniff the draft.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

noxin

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2013, 11:22:37 AM »
Have any of saban's CBs actually done anything in the NFL

Cash giant checks?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2013, 11:26:22 AM »
Cash giant checks?
Yeah, but they got plenty of practice while at Tuskalooser.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2013, 03:59:00 AM »
Btw, his recruitment isn't over...Auburn is still going after him, could go down to the wire.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2013, 11:11:26 AM »
Btw, his recruitment isn't over...Auburn is still going after him, could go down to the wire.
18 AWG?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2013, 11:15:44 AM »
18 AWG?

220, 221...whatever it takes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.