Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Fluker Admits To Taking Money To Play At Alabama

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Fluker Admits To Taking Money To Play At Alabama
« on: April 23, 2013, 09:18:04 AM »
Unless he didn't.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1614353-potential-first-round-pick-dj-fluker-tweets-about-accepting-money-at-alabama

Potential First-Round Pick DJ Fluker Tweets About Accepting Money at Alabama
By
Dan Talintyre
(Featured Columnist) on April 23, 2013

Chris Graythen/Getty Images

Just days from the 2013 NFL Draft, former Alabama offensive lineman and potential first-round pick D.J. Fluker has posted shocking revelations on Twitter that he accepted money during his college career with the Crimson Tide.

The offensive lineman quickly deleted his controversial comments, but the contents were captured via Landon Howell, Head of Strategy & Content at Fancred.

Landon Howell @landonhowell

Sports journalists: What were you dreaming about when you got a call that DJ Fluker did that thing? http://imgur.com/NNC1aVh.jpg

Since then, Fluker's agent, Deryk Gilmore, posted via his personal Twitter account that Fluker's account was hacked and that it will be re-opened after the draft.

Deryk Gilmore @DerykGilmore

To all followers of @DjFluker76 his account has been hacked. We will rue activate his account after the draft.

Which, as we've quickly come to expect from high-profile athletes posting controversial things on Twitter, may mean either that he: a) was actually hacked, or b) said something he shouldn't have said and then couldn't delete the tweet quick enough.

The answer is one we'll never know for sure, but the comments do definitely come at a potentially devastating time for Fluker, Alabama and college football as a whole.

Dan Hope @Dan_Hope

Going to reserve judgment on the D.J. Fluker tweet that may or may not have been a result of a hacker. Shouldn't affect his NFL draft stock.

I can believe @djfluker76 got hacked. Deleted tweet says "wat" twice. In April, Fluker spelled out "what" ~40 times in tweets. "wat": zero.

Still going through revelations that the Auburn football program potentially paid players to remain in college and altered grades, the news that another program may have paid college players when they shouldn't have—especially one that's won back-to-back BCS National Championship Games—would be huge.

The Crimson Tide have already been the subject of controversy throughout recent years, but it's these latest rumors that have the potential to be truly explosive.

What it will do to Fluker's potential draft stock remains to be seen, as he is invited to the first round of the 2013 NFL Draft on Thursday.

The lineman is expected to become the third Crimson Tide offensive tackle to be selected in the first round of the draft in the Nick Saban era, with Bleacher Report's Matt Miller listing him as the No. 21 overall pick in his latest mock draft.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 11:25:47 AM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Fluker Admits To Taking Money To Play At Alabama
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 09:29:50 AM »
Move along, nothing to see here.  Alabama sent a Cease & Desist tweet To Whom It May Concern. 

cc: Mark Emmert
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 09:47:40 AM »
Unless He didn't.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1614353-potential-first-round-pick-dj-fluker-tweets-about-accepting-money-at-alabama

Since then, Fluker's agent, Deryk Gilmore, posted via his personal Twitter account that Fluker's account was hacked and that it will be re-opened after the draft.

Which, as we've quickly come to expect from high-profile athletes posting controversial things on Twitter, may mean either that he: a) was actually hacked, or b) said something he shouldn't have said and then couldn't delete the tweet quick enough.

The answer is one we'll never know for sure, but the comments do definitely come at a potentially devastating time for Fluker, Alabama and college football as a whole.

Still going through revelations that the Auburn football program potentially paid players to remain in college and altered grades, the news that another program may have paid college players when they shouldn't have—especially one that's won back-to-back BCS National Championship Games—would be huge.

The Crimson Tide have already been the subject of controversy throughout recent years, but it's these latest rumors that have the potential to be truly explosive.

What it will do to Fluker's potential draft stock remains to be seen, as he is invited to the first round of the 2013 NFL Draft on Thursday.

The lineman is expected to become the third Crimson Tide offensive tackle to be selected in the first round of the draft in the Nick Saban era, with Bleacher Report's Matt Miller listing him as the No. 21 overall pick in his latest mock draft.
I doubt there will even be a phone call from NCAA re: questioning Fluker. If it were any of AU's first rounders from this year, then they would...well, nevermind.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 09:53:12 AM »
A lot of people seem to be clinging to Fluker's flawless grammar on Twitter as a solid defense.

For example:
@DjFluker76 19 Apr
All my life I been told.I can't do something.It was always can't.Bt I'm highly motivated.But I'ma show U how great I am #pissedoff4greatness

My agent @DerykGilmore is that dude. He put the work in for his players to be the best. Everything always on time. #ThatsMybrotherForLife

@DjFluker76 15 Apr

@SacManJones_29 aye bra

@DjFluker76 15 Apr

@AndyBailey17 no prib

@DjFluker76 15 Apr

@SacManJones_29 boy you wrong for that I got you

@DjFluker76 15 Apr

@BothLips_PINK people just asking for a lot I ain't even paid yet. Folks got some issues

@DjFluker76 6 Apr

I Can play 4 you or against U.Believe me you don't want to play against "ME" and whatever team get me. I Will make you pay dearly.For 60 min

The Most powerful thing is when some1 believe strongly in you.When others doubt your ability 2 do something.I can't wait 2 shock this world

@DjFluker76 1 Apr

@VDAYismyBDAY you shriek wife so ya point

That's just from this month. Pretty positive he has used "wat" before. The way Twitter's search engine works, it's hard to determine, especially when you tweet as much as he does.

It is simply UNPOSSIBLE that he dropped an H to fit 140 characters.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 11:26:57 AM »
The agent is doubling down.

'We know who did this,' D.J. Fluker's agent says of alleged Twitter hacker

Don Kausler Jr. | dkausler@al.com By Don Kausler Jr. | dkausler@al.com

on April 23, 2013 at 9:29 AM

TUSCALOOSA, Alabama – The agent for former Alabama football star D.J. Fluker is going beyond saying that a hacker is behind a volatile Twitter message sent early Tuesday morning.

“We know who did this,” said Deryk Gilmore, who represents the right tackle who is expected to be selected Thursday night in the first round of the NFL draft.

“This is totally fiction, but I’m waiting to get some proof. I’ve been on the phone with Twitter.”

Gilmore did not identify the hacker.

A tweet sent after midnight from Fluker’s Twitter (@DjFluker76) stated:

"Yea I took $ n college so wat. I did wat i had to do. Agents was tryin to pimp me so I pimped them. Cast da first stone."

The tweet quickly was deleted, and Gilmore, who works out of Atlanta for the Chicago firm of Priority Sports and Entertainment, soon sent a tweet that said the account had been hacked. In another tweet, he said the account will be reactivated after the draft.

“I’ll tell you, of course, this wasn’t him,” Gilmore said when reached by phone Tuesday morning. “It was bull (bleep), and it’s a shame. And anyone who believes it was him and wants to believe the worst, you go ahead and do it.

“I mean, my company has an outstanding reputation. This kid, we didn’t even give him a guarantee to sign with us. We gave him nothing. My whole point is that for all the people who are out there saying the worst, let them believe the worst.”

Gilmore was asked if he understands the toxicity of the Alabama-Auburn rivalry.

“I don’t care about it, man,” he said. “We’ve got people getting blown up in Boston. Bigger things.

“Come on now. This was a kid who was in Hurricane Katarina, who’s been poor all his life, who’s done everything the right way. He could have done everything the wrong way, OK? Let’s root for this kid. Let’s not beat him up.”

Fluker played his senior year at Foley High School.
I'd love to "get on the phone with Twitter" myself, when it turns out it came from Fluker's phone.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2013, 11:41:41 AM »
This has nothing to do with the twats about money, but I just love all the "All my life, I been told I couldn't do it....I wasn't no good.  Now, I'm motivated...."  Heard a lineman from Florida yesterday giving an interview about the draft.  "All my life, they said I wouldn't amount to anything...." 

Question for you DJ. You're 6'11" 400 pounds, you bench press school busses and eat wild boar that you killed with your bare hands.  You've been HS All-State, HS All-American, All-SEC, All-Everything and now you're about to be a first round pick in the NFL.  Who in their fucking right mind ever told you that you wouldn't amount to anything?  Liar!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2013, 11:54:53 AM »
Eva Longoria tried the whole "someone hacked my tweeter" crap too. And later admitted she lied. Just saying.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2013, 11:57:19 AM »
Eva Longoria tried the whole "someone hacked my tweeter" crap too. And later admitted she lied. Just saying.
Everyone on Twitter has used the excuse and everyone on Twitter knows it's always famously bullshit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2013, 12:19:16 PM »
I didn't understand what he twatted anyway. All I saw was a $$$ sign and a lot of hippity hop words. 

Kids these days.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2013, 12:42:41 PM »
I didn't understand what he twatted anyway. All I saw was a $$$ sign and a lot of hippity hop words. 

Kids these days.

I thought he was wrapping.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2013, 12:45:17 PM »
I believe it was a hack. Why in God's name would he admit to this on Twitter? Especially the week before the draft.

NO ONE is that stupid, regardless of if their education is from the crapstone.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2013, 01:56:41 PM »
I wish Eva Longoria would hack my tweeter.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2013, 02:01:29 PM »
I believe it was a hack. Why in God's name would he admit to this on Twitter? Especially the week before the draft.

NO ONE is that stupid, regardless of if their education is from the crapstone.

Something sketchy about him taking it down and having his account back under control 60 seconds after the post was made.  Or at least it is to me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

djsimp

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2013, 02:06:50 PM »
Don't hold ye breath folks, cause nothing will come of this. Its all a big joke, haha.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2013, 03:43:38 PM »
I'll bet it was that damn Lennay Kekua...she be hacking errybobys twatters
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2013, 10:33:49 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2013, 11:23:01 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2013, 09:44:22 AM »
Here's a bottomfeeder-level conspiracy theory for you:

Apropos of nothing, Fluker blurts out that he took money from agents while enrolled at bama.  He's been discussing the subject with someone, otherwise why make that statement out of the blue...especially right before the draft?  P'raps the NC2A has been over in T'town digging on the many and varied publicized cheating episodes and the recent onslaught of media coverage of the non-stories in Auburn are the head-fake designed to take the eye off the real cheating program in this state.

/tinfoil
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2013, 09:45:39 AM »

Apropos of nothing, Fluker blurts out that he took money from agents while enrolled at bama.  He's been discussing the subject with someone, otherwise why make that statement out of the blue...especially right before the draft?  P'raps the NC2A has been over in T'town digging on the many and varied publicized cheating episodes and the recent onslaught of media coverage of the non-stories in Auburn are the head-fake designed to take the eye off the real cheating program in this state.

/tinfoil

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2013, 09:46:05 AM »

/tinfoil

Can I borrow your hat please?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions