Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

ESPN takes the hint?

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
ESPN takes the hint?
« on: April 19, 2013, 10:52:52 AM »
Nah, probably not.  But they still won't be in Auburn Saturday.

ESPN has changed its mind.

ESPN producer Jonatha Whyley, who earlier this month told TWER the World Wide Leader would have a film crew on hand for the Celebrate The Tradition block party following Auburn’s A-Day game, now tells us they will not be in Auburn Saturday, and will instead use footage from Birmingham’s ABC 33/40 to cover both the oaks’ final rolling and removal.

“Nothing really changed,” Whyley says. “Just other shoots come up, and the (NBA) playoffs.”

Whyley says ESPN still plans to show portions of Saturday’s event live, but isn’t sure whether it will be broadcast on ESPN, ESPN 2, ESPNU, or ESPNews.

Auburn spokesman Mike Clardy says he was notified of the decision last week. When asked if he felt ESPN’s change of heart was possibly related to a potential protest of the network’s presence in light of ESPN The Magazine’s recent non-story on Auburn’s “spice epidemic,” Clardy replied “As far as I know it doesn’t. We were told Tom Rinaldi had something else to cover that day.”

Whyley says Rinaldi will still write that Sunday essay for us.

http://www.thewareaglereader.com/2013/04/espn-changes-a-day-coverage-plans-will-now-not-be-coming-to-final-toomers-oaks-rolling/#.UXCVS80f9bw
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: ESPN takes the hint?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 10:56:52 AM »
Oh my...I want to be there with PCT if his best buddy is covering for 33/40!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 10:59:05 AM »
So, no more roll the reporter. We can still roll the camera guy though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 06:52:11 PM »
Oh my...I want to be there with PCT if his best buddy is covering for 33/40!
Awww hell! This is going to work out fine! I'm going to make that Uncle Fester looking motherfucker cry.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 06:53:38 PM »
So, no more roll the reporter. We can still roll the camera guy though.
No, its still on. We'll roll Raita or Speagle instead.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2013, 06:55:08 PM »
It wouldn't bother me one bit if ESPN never steps foot on the Auburn University campus again.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2013, 01:18:15 AM »
Awww hell! This is going to work out fine! I'm going to make that Uncle Fester looking motherfucker cry.

Where were you when I was officially sailor bait?  Good grief. You have never been hotter. Your mockery of Riata at the TAMU game was so damn awesome, it made me giddy. Can only imagine how awesome it will be at this particular A-Day.  By TAMU last year, we were resigned and the Riata mockery was half hearted. No longer.

I <3 you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

oldautiger

• Resident Old Fart
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2013, 02:04:25 PM »

Where were you when I was officially sailor bait?  Good grief. You have never been hotter. Your mockery of Riata at the TAMU game was so damn awesome, it made me giddy. Can only imagine how awesome it will be at this particular A-Day.  By TAMU last year, we were resigned and the Riata mockery was half hearted. No longer.

I <3 you.
I'm jealous, but then again I'm old enough to be yer daddy
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard, grow big, wear glasses of you need 'em." - Webb Wilder

"Auburn is no Harvard, M.I.T. or Alabama - Thank GOD for small favors" - Anonymous

I can't recommend sex, drugs and rock 'n roll to everybody, but they've worked for me. - Me

jmar

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2013, 06:15:20 PM »
I'm jealous, but then again I'm old enough to be yer daddy
Yeah I'm too old my damn self.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2013, 09:53:24 AM »
It wouldn't bother me one bit if ESPN never steps foot on the Auburn University campus again.

Wow, you do make sense sometimes. 

Agree.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2013, 12:18:34 PM »

I <3 you.
The coward wasn't there. Smart move on his part.. I had a 3 man team, armed with multiple rolls each, engaged in this seek & destroy mission.

While walking to the stadium gate, The Six, my buddy Tim, and I stumbled upon an ESPNU crew. I peeled back and engaged the enemy. It went exactly like this:

Me: "Wow, ESPNU! What smear piece are y'all working on about Auburn today?"
ESPNU fucktard: "We only tell what we know."
Me: "Really? Well then, you don't know shit."

There will be another day for Raita. I wish I could have found the other horses ass, Rick Karle, while we were on patrol. He was there; I saw him on last nights newscast throwing a roll toward the tree (with a crowd of dumbasses cheering him on). His throwing motion is similar to that guy on the car commercial who's playing catch with his son. Karle is a frigging stooge on the same level as Raita.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2013, 07:35:29 PM »
While walking to the stadium gate, The Six, my buddy Tim, and I stumbled upon an ESPNU crew. I peeled back and engaged the enemy. It went exactly like this:

Me: "Wow, ESPNU! What smear piece are y'all working on about Auburn today?"
ESPNU fucktard: "We only tell what we know."
Me: "Really? Well then, you don't know shit."

I am going to secure you a bottle of awesome Scotch, just for this, and for the promised that Riata will get his day of reckoning.

XXOXOXO
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions