Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

CVS suit

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
CVS suit
« on: April 18, 2013, 03:52:07 PM »
Obviously likely to be settled out of court. What's the over under on what she gets? I'm going with $400K.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/suit-phrase-mocking-asians-nj-153656348.html

Suit: Phrase Mocking Asians on NJ CVS Photo Tix

NJ woman of Korean descent files suit against CVS after phrase mocking Asians on photo stub
Associated Press – 4 hours ago.. .

Yahoo! Finance/AP Photo - Pedestrians walk pass a CVS store in Chicago

BELMAR, N.J. (AP) -- A woman of Korean descent who claims a worker at a CVS in southern New Jersey used a phrase mocking Asians to identify her on a store receipt has filed a federal discrimination suit against the pharmacy chain, according to her lawyer.

Courtesy: Susan Chana Lask via TwitterAttorney Susan Chana Lask said her client, Hyun Lee, was picking up photos Feb. 7 at a CVS in Egg Harbor City when Lee noticed an employee had identified her as "Ching Chong Lee" on the ticket.

Lee said through her attorney that she complained to CVS customer relations and was allegedly told the worker would be "counseled and trained."

"Store counseling cannot correct intolerable discrimination," Lask said in a written statement, adding they were demanding the worker be fired.

CVS Caremark Corp. spokesman Mike DeAngelis said the company does not comment on pending litigation but has a firm non-discrimination policy.

"CVS/pharmacy is committed to treating all of our customers with dignity and respect," he said.

The suit, which Lask said was filed April 16 in federal court in Camden, is seeking $1 million.

Lask planned to hold a news conference to announce the suit on Thursday.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: CVS suit
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 03:59:25 PM »
CVS has a good defense but I think there's a chink in their armor.  When you get these cases in front of a jury, the argument always seems to be slanted toward the Plaintiff.  I say she woks off with $250K.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 04:09:48 PM »
I think I would find (pay off) somebody to come forward with the name Ching Chong Lee and claim a mix up in receipts. 

Or go for broke and ask her how slanted is her  :gig:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 04:28:08 PM »
Fuck this stupid shit, and all the damn idiots that push it.  1 million dollars because somebody wrote Ching Chong on your fucking receipt?  This is what's wrong with our fucking country. 

:suicide:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 05:00:16 PM »
Fuck this stupid shit, and all the damn idiots that push it.  1 million dollars because somebody wrote Ching Chong on your fucking receipt?  This is what's wrong with our fucking country. 

Agreed.  But you won't hear the outcome, which will probably be a dismissal on Motion for Summary Judgment.  Or any award being appealed until it's tossed.  And yes, that would be right in this case.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2013, 05:12:54 PM »
fudge this stupid shoot, and all the damn idiots that push it.  1 million dollars because somebody wrote Ching Chong on your fudgeing receipt?  This is what's wrong with our fudgeing country. 

Why you hate lawyers and Asians?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2013, 06:25:25 PM »
CVS has a good defense but I think there's a chink in their armor.  When you get these cases in front of a jury, the argument always seems to be slanted toward the Plaintiff.  I say she woks off with $250K a mirrion.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2013, 07:58:44 PM »
I don't understand what the big deal is with the Chinese and their kung-fu and their silly ching-chang-chong talk! We can't understand you! Go back to yer country! White power!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2013, 08:27:19 PM »
I don't understand what the big deal is with the Chinese and their kung-fu and their silly ching-chang-chong talk! We can't understand you! Go back to yer country! White power!
Is that you, Clayton Bigsby?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2013, 06:31:27 AM »
Just think how much a boy named Sue could get these days.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2013, 10:34:25 AM »

If you have hate in your heart, let it out! White power!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2013, 10:59:36 AM »
If you have hate in your heart, let it out! White power!

SHOW US YOUR FACE CLAYTON!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."