Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Interview with Montrae in AJC

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Interview with Montrae in AJC
« on: April 15, 2013, 11:18:28 AM »
I don't mind the kid telling the truuf. I just wish this were more about why he chose AU instead of how he almost chose UA.  :facepalm:

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/04/five-star_auburn_signee_montra.html

Five-star Auburn signee Montravius Adams says he almost signed with Alabama

Print
 By Matt Scalici | mscalici@al.com
Follow on Twitter
on April 15, 2013 at 8:45 AM, updated April 15, 2013 at 9:28 AM
Montravius Adams was among several high profile defensive linemen that signed with Auburn. (Photo courtesy of 247Sports) 
 Five-star defensive tackle Montravius Adams was one of the crowning jewels of Gus Malzahn's first signing class at Auburn, choosing the Tigers in spite of a 3-9 season and a coaching change. But in an interview with the Atlanta Journal Constitution, the 6-foot-3, 310-pound star said if not for a last-second decision to visit Auburn days before Signing Day, he likely would have signed with Nick Saban and the Alabama Crimson Tide.
 "A lot of people didn't know, but I was about to go to Alabama," Adams told the AJC. "It's just when I went back to Auburn for my last official, that's when I made up my mind about that it was where I wanted to be. But if I hadn't gone on that last official visit, I would probably be with Alabama right now."

Adams said that the hiring of Rodney Garner was likely what made the difference for Auburn and that had Garner remained at Georgia, Adams almost certainly would have signed with the Tide.

"The players don't really get into any trouble there," Adams said of Alabama. "They have great coaches. And I know if I could play the way I know I could with their coaching, most likely I'm going to be in the (NFL), which is where I want to be. Alabama is just a place where I could accomplish my goals."  :facepalm:

Read more about Adams' thoughts on the recruiting process and why he ultimately chose Auburn from the Atlanta Journal Constitution.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
Re: Interview with Montrae in AJC
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 11:22:12 AM »
The motherfucker should have gone to fucking SPUAT then.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 11:39:51 AM »
Conveniently omitted content from the AJC source material:

Even though you didn’t publicly commit until signing day, how hard was it to switch your leader from Alabama to Auburn over the final days?

â€œIt was easy. When you know where you want to be, it’s easy. I wanted to be at Auburn.”

http://www.ajc.com/weblogs/college-recruiting/2013/apr/14/recruiting-rewind-5-star-montravius-adams-if-rodne/
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 11:45:09 AM »

Even though you didn’t publicly commit until signing day, how hard was it to switch your leader from Alabama to Auburn over the final days?

â€œIt was easy. When you know where you want to be, it’s easy. I wanted to be at Auburn.”

http://www.ajc.com/weblogs/college-recruiting/2013/apr/14/recruiting-rewind-5-star-montravius-adams-if-rodne/
That was just an oversight, I'm sure.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 11:54:43 AM »

Matt Scalici is a punk bitch. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 11:56:35 AM »
Tim Tebow said it came down to Bama and Florida. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2013, 02:45:59 PM »
I called the NCAA to ask about this, and they said they could not comment on any ongoing investigations.  That means the hammer's coming!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.