Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Real-Time Rendering

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
Real-Time Rendering
« on: March 28, 2013, 06:33:24 PM »
Activision released this video of a rendering demo.  Basically, they've improved the manner in which character models are rendered.

Aside from the teeth and mouth cavity, this is pretty damn realistic.  Especially considering that the rendering was done in real-time.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: Real-Time Rendering
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 09:34:36 PM »
Activision released this video of a rendering demo.  Basically, they've improved the manner in which character models are rendered.

Aside from the teeth and mouth cavity, this is pretty damn realistic.  Especially considering that the rendering was done in real-time.

Not sure about this but in the structural world, 3D studio is the shiznit! We basically take a $26k program, Tekla, and build our BIM model in to turn around and export to 3D Studio to add all the real life shit to make presentations to the customer.

This here, what you posted, is some bad azz shit!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 06:49:19 AM »
This from along the same lines.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 06:52:56 AM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 02:29:50 PM »

Something about that video puts it squarely in the uncanny valley for me.

Also when I hear or see Activision and their logo all I picture is this...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 03:57:10 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions