Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

One from the vault...1984 vs. Florida State

One from the vault...1984 vs. Florida State
« on: August 02, 2008, 01:47:42 PM »
This game has largely been forgotten over the years because it was not on TV and it took place during a season that was largely disappointing, but it was one of the most entertaining games in AU history.  Be sure to check out the crazy-assed TD just after the 5:00 mark.

#16 Auburn 42, #9 FSU 41

http://www.youtube.com/v/Z_Jb1GiP9iU&hl=en&fs=1
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 10:37:05 AM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"If you're looking for sympathy, it's in the dictionary between shit and syphilis."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
Re: One from the vault...1984 vs. Florida State
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 04:54:48 PM »
Friggin' awesome game! One of the best, if not THE best, game I have attended. That RB for FSU, Greg Allen, was a frickin beast. They just couldn't stop Pat, Brent, and Freddy.

That annual tussle with the Noles back in the 80's was great......some really quality ball games.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 06:30:36 PM »
Not sure why the video is embedded twice because I only put it there once, but oh, well.

Florida State was moving their way up the "hate" list with a bullet by the time of our last game with them (1990)...the Jan. '89 Sugar Bowl and the '89 game in Tallahassee saw to that.

Matter of fact, other than the given of Alabama, the FSU game in 1990 was the game I wanted us to win more than any other that season...I was tired of us losing to them and I was tired of their fans.  I was very thankful that the goalposts weren't about 18" further in, or else Jim Von Wyl's game-winning FG would have been no good and we'd have been stuck with a 17-17 tie.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"If you're looking for sympathy, it's in the dictionary between shit and syphilis."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 10:43:38 AM »
Not sure why the video is embedded twice because I only put it there once, but oh, well.
Moderated from my cell phone, biotch.

You don't have to (or more accurately, you can't embed videos manually with html. Just post the url of the YouTube link and it will automatically embed on the thread. This works for most all video sites.
Consider yourselves educated. Do it again and expect to be ridiculed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions