Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

You Know Me...

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
You Know Me...
« on: March 26, 2013, 04:51:29 PM »
I'm a heights and weights, bench press and 40 time kind of guy.  It looks like they have updated the roster for Spring as the JUCO guys who enrolled have been assigned numbers and many of the weights have changed a good bit.  Interesting to see how a new strength and conditioning staff makes a difference.  Several that stood out:

Last year, we signed a stellar group of O-Linemen and the significant thing to me was they were all in the 6'5" to 6'7" range.  Granted, most of them looked like they needed to add a lot of size to play on this level and it appears that's happening.  Jordan Diamond has dropped some and Avery Young has packed it on.  Both are listed at 6'6" and 314.  Young got a good bit of playing time early before getting hurt.  Greg Robinson is now 6'5" 314 as well.  Still not sure about Patrick Turnstile Miller playing tackle.  He's only shown at 283.  That won't cut it in this league.

A few others on offense of note, Kalil Frayzha is up to 234.  The added muscle will allow him to absorb the constant blows much easier.  Our tight ends are all getting stout with Ricky Parks up to 6'4" 257 and Brandon Fulse playing at 6'4" 264.  Cameron Artimus Pyle Payne is the biggest running back listed at 208 but that will change once Payton Barber (225) gets to campus.  Of course, that's not really including Jay Porshe, who checked in at 247 

Defensively, we've got Gabe Wright at 300, Angelo Blackson at 312 and Ben Bradley checking in at 310.  Add 300+ Montraviosity Adams to the mix and there's no reason we should get pushed around by anyone....unless there is.  Behind them, Jake is tipping the scales now at 243.  My hope is he looks damn good in uniform while standing on the sidelines.  Cassanova is up to 6'3" 245 while Kris Frost didn't make a jump jump.  He's at 6'2" 231. We may suck there but this will easily be the biggest LB's that have played at AU. 

Last time I was taking shower pics, Craig Sanders was well over 260.  They have him at 6'4" 242 now.  Pretty significant drop and either they want him smaller and quicker or he felt that was a better weight to play at.  Dee Ford is also about 10 pounds lighter now at 238.  That may be what they're looking for in our DE's because Ladarious Owens has dropped from 260 to 248 too.

Don't know how much any of this means but I'd like to think the new staff is changing things up the way they want them, including the size, strength and quickness of the players.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: You Know Me...
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 06:58:07 PM »
O is for other, P is for people, scratch your temple...
the last P, well that's not that simple.

It's sort of like, well, another way to call a cat a kitten
It's five little letters that are missing here...

Oh, wait...you meant the other verse, didn't you?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 08:16:41 PM »
An O line of that size needs to be blowing motherfuckers off the line. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 04:28:21 AM »
An O line of that size needs to be blowing motherfuckers off the line.
Yes, they should be, but when you have a lack of Strength & Conditioning program you end up producing weak tubs of goo that can't bench 225lbs more than a few times and probably can't squat that much weight either.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2013, 10:35:04 AM »

Last time I was taking shower pics, Craig Sanders was well over 260.  They have him at 6'4" 242 now.  Pretty significant drop and either they want him smaller and quicker or he felt that was a better weight to play at.  Dee Ford is also about 10 pounds lighter now at 238.  That may be what they're looking for in our DE's because Ladarious Owens has dropped from 260 to 248 too.

Or one of them is changing positions.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2013, 10:50:48 AM »

Interesting.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2013, 05:17:10 AM »
Exactly...Owens to LBer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs