Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Auburn Baseball Season Thread

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Auburn Baseball Season Thread
« on: March 20, 2013, 03:10:59 PM »
Okay, starting 20 games in and might only last four posts if they continue to play the way they did against Vandy.  But, the good thing is they saved J. Jacobs his job for another year with a resounding win over #1...err, #16....wait...#142...okay, Division V foe Alabama State.  10-2 win over The Sting. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Re: Auburn Baseball Season Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 03:20:36 PM »
Okay, starting 20 games in and might only last four posts if they continue to play the way they did against Vandy.  But, the good thing is they saved J. Jacobs his job for another year with a resounding win over #1...err, #16....wait...#142...okay, Division V foe Alabama State.  10-2 win over The Sting.

We played the cast (most of which are dead) of a movie?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 06:11:22 PM »

We played the cast (most of which are dead) of a movie?

I thought it was a dead wrestler?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 12:08:26 PM »
So after an 11-2 drubbing at the hands of Troy, we play a 3 game series against Alabama on teh Planes.  If they by gawd get swept at home by Bama and come out 0-9 in the league.....

I'm not sure what I'll do.  Don't know how to take what's happening with our athletic department.  Get pissed and go picket in front of Jacobs house?  Turn my back on all of it and say wake me when it's over?  I've never seen so much futility in all our major men's programs. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 11:11:25 AM »
BTDub...the Bama series starts tonight.  A Th-F-Sat series so they can be off for Easter. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2013, 12:06:07 PM »
So after an 11-2 drubbing at the hands of Troy, we play a 3 game series against Alabama on teh Planes.  If they by gawd get swept at home by Bama and come out 0-9 in the league.....

I'm not sure what I'll do.  Don't know how to take what's happening with our athletic department.  Get pissed and go picket in front of Jacobs house?  Turn my back on all of it and say wake me when it's over?  I've never seen so much futility in all our major men's programs.
It's pretty infuriating.

At what point is it ok for us to express displeasure and not be "bad fans"?

Do we literally have to go last-place in every single sport before it's considered a measured response to even suggest that Jay be shown the goddamn door? I suspect even then it's not enough.

You can't get much worse than 3-29 in the SEC in football, basketball, & baseball. All three wins, in basketball, were clearly flukes. We lose this series opener, and we have literally lost 10x as many SEC games as we have won this year. Fucking pathetic beyond belief.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2013, 12:28:57 PM »
These are becoming a meme.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 12:30:34 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2013, 12:33:19 PM »
It's pretty infuriating.

At what point is it ok for us to express displeasure and not be "bad fans"?

Do we literally have to go last-place in every single sport before it's considered a measured response to even suggest that Jay be shown the goddamn door? I suspect even then it's not enough.

You can't get much worse than 3-29 in the SEC in football, basketball, & baseball. All three wins, in basketball, were clearly flukes. We lose this series opener, and we have literally lost 10x as many SEC games as we have won this year. Fucking pathetic beyond belief.

Now let's not be too harsh on the athletic program.  After all, our women are one win away from a berth in the Final 4.....of the Women's NIT. 

I honestly think Auburn fans are spekaing out and have been for some time.  Email campaigns (I've sent mine) articles from top sports comlumnists, the school's own newspaper and calls for change from blog sites like NTYF.  I just don't know how much of it reaches the ears and eyes of the person or persons who count.  I know full well that our BOT has to be aware and equally as frustrated as any AU fan, but is it their call to make the changes.  Or does it fall at the feet of President Gooooojjj?  I firmly believe if it's the latter, we're stuck with Jay Jacobs, sports be damned.

Just saw those signs before I hit post.  Yep, I'd say people are speaking out.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 04:19:16 PM by dallaswareagle »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2013, 08:07:23 PM »
BTDub...the Bama series starts tonight.  A Th-F-Sat series so they can be off for Easter.
I was going to respond with a blasphemous "rise from the dead" simile, but that'd be too obvious.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2013, 08:14:52 PM »
It's not looking good, so far. We're down 6-0 in the 4th inning.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2013, 09:33:47 PM »
It's not looking good, so far. We're down 6-0 in the 4th inning.

It's like the fb and basketball seasons.....just getting worse as it goes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2013, 11:02:48 PM »
These are becoming a meme.

It continues to fall upon deaf ears. Unfortunately, as long as we continue to support our school--he will remain AD. Our biggest hopes and dreams of what I feel is a likely successful football program with Gustav may also be the albatross for the other sports. We win in football, it makes not a shit how we do in all other sports.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com