Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Anybody remember the name?

Aubie16

Anybody remember the name?
« on: October 24, 2007, 10:29:35 AM »
Kevin McLeod? Ran into him at a bar and talked with him for a while about the NFL, Auburn, etc...so I got a little inside information! (just kidding, its not inside at all, but I enjoyed talking with him)

On Terry Bowden:

Couldn't stand the man. Said he couldn't believe the difference in Bowden during recruiting and as a coach. Said that by his last year, he honest to god didn't know a bunch of the younger guys on the teams name. Bowden was more interested in chasing the girls around Auburn. Described him as a slick used-car salesman. (I'm pretty sure we all already knew that!) I just couldn't believe the part about not even knowing a  lot of guys names.

On our offensive line class:

He said he hung around for some pre-season workouts and helped out with some camps and stuff. Said that our current offensive line class will be unbelievable in 2 years. Lee Ziemba could go pro after his junior year if he wants to. The thing that stood out to me was about the personalities on the field. He said they were mean sob's and that is what makes the difference on the line. Ziemba, Pugh, Ramsey have a boxers mentality. He said on the field they play with that chip on their shoulder, mean mentality that you rarely see in white guys! haha

On Brad Lester:

he was upset that "Slash" had screwed up and had to miss the first 5 games. He said the guy will definitely play in the NFL if he can keep it together and play a full season next year. He described him as a more talented Warrick Dunn.

On the future:

He firmly believes that if Kodi or Caudle can play a Craig Krenzel/Matt Mauck role, that we could be looking at back to back SEC Championships in '08 and '09 if things fall our way...

I particularly thought the stuff about our offensive line was funny and reassuring at the same time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

Ogre

Re: Anybody remember the name?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 10:35:30 AM »
Good stuff, Aubie.  Thanks for posting.

I hope that he's right about our O-line class. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 12:39:13 PM »
I'm just throwing this out there, but I think the infamous "Chop block" stems directly from the comment about them being mean SOBs.  I think Dorsey slapped em' around a little and talked trash, so they said, "Fuck that big boy".  I truly don't think they would try to really injure the guy but I do think they wanted to get in his head.

Can you see the conversation in the huddle? Short and sweet.  "Let's teach that bitch a lesson."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2007, 12:40:56 PM »
I'm just throwing this out there, but I think the infamous "Chop block" stems directly from the comment about them being mean SOBs.  I think Dorsey slapped em' around a little and talked trash, so they said, "Fuck that big boy".  I truly don't think they would try to really injure the guy but I do think they wanted to get in his head.

Can you see the conversation in the huddle? Short and sweet.  "Let's teach that bitch a lesson."

I wondered something along the same lines. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2007, 02:07:48 PM »
I wondered something along the same lines. 
I agree Howard and its football and sometimes people get hurt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2007, 02:34:41 PM »
I agree Howard and its football and sometimes people get hurt.

Does anyone honestly think that Dorsey was not talking shit to both of them?  I am not saying they were right in what they did but you better be ready for people to come back on your ass if you run that dick sucker to them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

D-Day

• Sergeant-at-Arms
  • All courses... incomplete
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2007, 02:47:08 PM »
Does anyone honestly think that Dorsey was not talking shit to both of them?  I am not saying they were right in what they did but you better be ready for people to come back on your ass if you run that dick sucker to them.
Thank god WarTim isn't the head coach. He'd have the whole fucking team taking a "turn the other cheek" approach when he doesn't have them playing patty-cake on the line of scrimmage.

O N E at a time, people.

Seriously. Fuck Dorsey and his NFL career. Life's about choices. He's a dirty motherfucker and likes to hurt people on purpose. Maybe he'll think about that when he's 50 and fryin' up chitlins somewhere outside Baton Rouge for a living. I never want to see someone get paralyzed or lose the use of a limb but Dorsey deserved what he got. I guess I'm just heartless and cruel and have no class. Oh well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2007, 02:48:57 PM »
I guess I'm just heartless and cruel and have no class. Oh well.

That's why we like you being the one tote'in the gun!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2007, 02:56:48 PM »
You dont think the lineman see him celebrating after every tackle, basically showing them up! It wasnt right but you dont show up our bad ass freshman offensive lineman.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2007, 03:00:23 PM »
You dont think the lineman see him celebrating after every tackle, basically showing them up! It wasnt right but you dont show up our bad ass freshman offensive lineman.

Maybe I missed it but I didn't see where he had made much of a primary impact.  Maybe he was making a secondary one by us having to double team him but I never saw him running wild.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2007, 03:36:15 PM »
Maybe I missed it but I didn't see where he had made much of a primary impact.  Maybe he was making a secondary one by us having to double team him but I never saw him running wild.
He wasnt dominating the game thats for sure but every play he made he had to showboat and celebrate
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2007, 09:24:48 AM »
Not to mention all the head shots the O-Linemen kept taking from Dorsey up to that point.
I will probably get slammed for saying this, but I wonder just how good Ziemba will end up being.  Word from the Auburn camp was that he missed the call on that play, they were all supposed to chop and he stood Dorsey up.
That in addition to all of the IP and Holding calls against him all year.  Maybe he is just nervous being on an island at the end of the line, and with time his confidence will grow, but for now he looks to me to be by far the worst of the Freshmen that are playing on the line this year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Tiger Six

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2007, 09:43:03 AM »
Not to mention all the head shots the O-Linemen kept taking from Dorsey up to that point.
I will probably get slammed for saying this, but I wonder just how good Ziemba will end up being.  Word from the Auburn camp was that he missed the call on that play, they were all supposed to chop and he stood Dorsey up.
That in addition to all of the IP and Holding calls against him all year.  Maybe he is just nervous being on an island at the end of the line, and with time his confidence will grow, but for now he looks to me to be by far the worst of the Freshmen that are playing on the line this year.

That's like saying that Gunilla Hutton was the ugliest girl from Petticoat Junction. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2007, 09:44:52 AM »
That's like saying that Gunilla Hutton was the ugliest girl from Petticoat Junction. 

I always wanted to drink their bath water.  Is that wrong?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2007, 08:53:15 AM »
That's not what Uncle Joe said.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.