Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Am I the only one

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
Am I the only one
« on: February 27, 2013, 02:39:04 PM »
That thinks Nick Marshall will be our starting qb this year?

AUBURN TIGERS

Start date: March 27

Spring game: April 20

What to watch:
1.Malzahn’s back: Gus Malzahn returns to the Plains as head coach, which means this spring will be critical in re-installing his hurry-up, no-huddle offense. The first task will be finding a quarterback. Kiehl Frazier struggled last season, but was handpicked by Malzahn when Malzahn was at Auburn the first time. The Tigers need to rediscover their passing game after finishing with eight touchdown passes and 15 interceptions a year ago.  :sad:
2.Power running game: Tre Mason was a pleasant surprise last season for the Tigers and rushed for 1,002 yards. With heralded junior college newcomer Cameron Artis-Payne on campus and set to go through spring practice, Auburn would like to establish him as that power back with size and speed to serve as a complement to Mason.
3.Getting defensive: Veteran defensive coordinator Ellis Johnson looks to revive an Auburn defense that has fallen on hard times each of the past two seasons and will put in his 4-2-5 scheme this spring. The key will be finding players who fit. The Tigers will have 18 defensive linemen on the roster in the fall and aren't lacking for talent. Kris Frost could be a fit for that hybrid linebacker/safety spot in Johnson’s defense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

Re: Am I the only one
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 02:47:15 PM »
I'm certain you're not the only one that thinks that, or rather, hopes that. 

Marshall wasn't brought in to be a back up, but he's also not going to be simply given the keys to the Gus Bus either.  And yes, Frazier will get a legitimate shot to win the job, as will the other scholarship QBs. 

Who will it be?  No way to KNOW. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 03:02:07 PM »
I miss Chris Todd.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 03:20:21 PM »
I miss Chris Todd.

I miss Gene Ch  FUCK THAT.

The Qb's we have on staff as well as last year (mostly KF) had some talent but they were so mind fucked with piss poor coaching.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 03:22:18 PM by dallaswareagle »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 03:48:25 PM »
That thinks Nick Marshall will be our starting qb this year?

How many years does he have to play?

Cam Newton was the GOAT, but let's be honest, most JUCO QBs don't pan out as championship caliber players. 

Whatever happens, I hope Malzahn does a great job of putting young guys in position to have long term success.  If that means Nick Marshall gets to play two years and we win 8-9 games a year, fine.  I can wait for Jeremy Johnson or a future freshman or someone else to lead us to the SECCG in three to four years. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 04:46:40 PM »
How many years does he have to play?

Cam Newton was the GOAT, but let's be honest, most JUCO QBs don't pan out as championship caliber players. 

Whatever happens, I hope Malzahn does a great job of putting young guys in position to have long term success.  If that means Nick Marshall gets to play two years and we win 8-9 games a year, fine.  I can wait for Jeremy Johnson or a future freshman or someone else to lead us to the SECCG in three to four years.

He has two years left.  He played one at UGA and one in JUCO.

I'm not thinking he will come in and be Cam 2.0 and I agree with your last statement.  Anything will be better than what we have seen the last couple of years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2013, 06:33:49 PM »
One thing is for sure, whomever is named as our starting QB, he'll be a mobile QB. We haven't had that type of luxury....Also, it'll be the first time that Auburn doesn't have a white QB on scholarship.

'09 (Todd, Caudle & Burns)
'10 (Cam, Trotter, Caudle & Moseley)
'11 (Trotter, Frazier & Moseley)
'12 (Frazier, Moseley & Wallace)
'13 (Wallace, Marshall, Frazier, Johnson & Smith)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2013, 06:52:42 PM »
Also, it'll be the first time that Auburn doesn't have a white QB on scholarship.

Not true, I have it on good authority that Clint Moseley was a full blooded Cherokee.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2013, 07:14:42 PM »
Also, it'll be the first time that Auburn doesn't have a white QB on scholarship.

THEY'S RACEIST PAAAAAAAAWWWWWLLL!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

chinook

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2013, 01:10:28 AM »
One thing is for sure, whomever is named as our starting QB, he'll be a mobile QB. We haven't had that type of luxury....Also, it'll be the first time that Auburn doesn't have a white QB on scholarship.

'09 (Todd, Caudle & Burns)
'10 (Cam, Trotter, Caudle & Moseley)
'11 (Trotter, Frazier & Moseley)
'13 (Wallace, Marshall, Frazier, Johnson & Smith)

we roll 5 deep... :civic:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2013, 09:11:00 AM »
Finally. A coach that will have Moseley lead the SEC.....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2013, 11:20:19 AM »
Not true, I have it on good authority that Clint Moseley was a full blooded Cherokee.

Maybe thats why I heard he was called:  Slowfoot crumble
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2013, 02:03:23 PM »
Maybe thats why I heard he was called:  Slowfoot crumble

I thought it was Slowfoot Fetal!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

jmar

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2013, 06:28:26 PM »
The only reason I think it will be Frazier is the familiarity with Malzahn's system. I think he can be a good QB because he seems to be able to show some poise and make the throws until there are a series of missed blocks up front. Then he starts making key errors that finish us off.
It could just as easily be one of the others but if Auburn doesn't get this kid some help after winter workouts I had just as soon have Wallace or Marshall. I'm not talking about throwing with receivers which he should be doing anyway. I'm talking about the stuff that he should consider based on about eight possessions per game like quarter, score, time and distance because the reading part is either/or and that's all the time you have to cut it loose, run it or throw it away.

I like the attitude of Wallace. He never seemed to get rattled as badly as things went. I think he's a leader and it wouldn't surprise me if he wins the job outright. Too early to tell about Marshall, but Malzahn thinks highly of him and that bodes well for redshirting Johnson, at least I think that's the plan.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2013, 08:49:13 PM »
The only reason I think it will be Frazier is the familiarity with Malzahn's system. I think he can be a good QB because he seems to be able to show some poise and make the throws until there are a series of missed blocks up front. Then he starts making key errors that finish us off.
It could just as easily be one of the others but if Auburn doesn't get this kid some help after winter workouts I had just as soon have Wallace or Marshall. I'm not talking about throwing with receivers which he should be doing anyway. I'm talking about the stuff that he should consider based on about eight possessions per game like quarter, score, time and distance because the reading part is either/or and that's all the time you have to cut it loose, run it or throw it away.

I like the attitude of Wallace. He never seemed to get rattled as badly as things went. I think he's a leader and it wouldn't surprise me if he wins the job outright. Too early to tell about Marshall, but Malzahn thinks highly of him and that bodes well for redshirting Johnson, at least I think that's the plan.   
Kiehl Frazier won't see the field again as an Auburn QB. Mark it down.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2013, 09:39:05 PM »
I heard the same things about Ben Leard and Chris Todd. I honestly think it will be Kiehl as well. No doubt the talent is there. Its just a matter of Gus getting between those ears and getting Kiehl to play with some confidence. With that said changing the fucked up mindset that was 2012 will be no small task.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2013, 10:42:35 PM »

I see a wager in your future!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2013, 08:50:25 AM »

DO NOT SEEK THE TREASURE!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2013, 08:55:05 AM »
DO NOT SEEK THE TREASURE!!!

We thought you was turned into a toad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2013, 09:08:00 AM »
I already have one with AUTailgate
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions