Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Gridiron Legend Sues Electronic Arts And Sony

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Gridiron Legend Sues Electronic Arts And Sony
« on: August 01, 2008, 01:31:16 PM »
American football star Jim Brown is suing both Electronic Arts and Sony over the use of his image in EA's Madden NFL series. Although Brown is not named specifically in the games, he claims the “All Browns Team” uses his image unfairly.

According to the New York Daily News, the former Cleveland Browns player takes issue with the "All Browns Team" and its "muscular African-American player wearing the number 32," the number which Brown made famous in his successful career from 1957 to 1965.

The lawsuit claims that, "To Brown's knowledge, [Sony and Electronic Arts] are not now, nor have they ever been, authorized to make any use of his trademark as the All-Time Great Cleveland Browns running back.”

"When Jim Brown played football, the NFL had a leaguewide policy that players shall have no lawyers or agents when negotiating compensation," continues the lawsuit text. "Video games were not invented yet."

The lawsuit claims that Brown never agreed to the use of his image and would never allow it to appear in the video game. The suit seeks unspecified damages and a court order to prevent his likeness being used.

Electronic Arts recently extended its use of the official NFL license through to the end of the 2012 season. The license is intended to cover the exclusive use of all teams, stadium and players.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
Re: Gridiron Legend Sues Electronic Arts And Sony
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 02:07:35 PM »
Yeah, I'm sure he wouldn't have let them use his image in the game.  If they would have paid him for it he would be as happy as a queer in a dildo factory.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
Re: Gridiron Legend Sues Electronic Arts And Sony
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 02:10:40 PM »
Yeah, I'm sure he wouldn't have let them use his image in the game.  If they would have paid him for it he would be as happy as a queer in a dildo factory.
Brad, is this true?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.