Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Oscars and Circuses

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Oscars and Circuses
« on: February 25, 2013, 11:39:15 AM »
Is there anything I care less about than Hollywood patting itself on the back during the Oscars telecast?

Last night I discovered there were a few things that fit that bill.

1) Watching that creepy host say or do anything.
2) Being "treated" to the barracuda-mouthed "first lady" presenting an Oscar.  If anything has ever indicated more that this current administration and the entire direction of the country is leaning more and more toward pacifying the ignorant masses with breads and circuses than having that fish faced fool up there babbling about movies I don't know what it is.  Having her up there was unseemly in my opinion.  Class is not spelled with an "r"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
Re: Oscars and Circuses
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 11:42:15 AM »
I didn't watch since I hate watching award shows like that.  I didn't realize that the first lady presented an award.  Fucking  :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 11:46:54 AM »
I saw one performance because I had an alert for said performance, but that was it. The it was back to watching AU football.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 11:51:36 AM »

Oh she did.  All 483 of her chemically enhanced teeth were there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 12:07:55 PM »

Oh she did.  All 483 of her chemically enhanced teeth were there.

She looks like an overweight giraffe trying to fit into a skimpy outfit with high heels.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 02:52:05 PM »
She looks like an overweight giraffe trying to fit into a skimpy outfit with high heels.

If it were up to me and her to repopulate the species?  I'd take a giraffe first.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 02:58:21 PM »
Is there anything I care less about than Hollywood patting itself on the back during the Oscars telecast?

Last night I discovered there were a few things that fit that bill.

1) Watching that creepy host say or do anything.
2) Being "treated" to the barracuda-mouthed "first lady" presenting an Oscar.  If anything has ever indicated more that this current administration and the entire direction of the country is leaning more and more toward pacifying the ignorant masses with breads and circuses than having that fish faced fool up there babbling about movies I don't know what it is.  Having her up there was unseemly in my opinion.  Class is not spelled with an "r"

It's not that it bothers me that she presented an award.  What bothers me is that Laura Bush would have been greeted with boos. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2013, 03:00:46 PM »
If it were up to me and her to repopulate the species?  I'd take a giraffe first.

You can't spit-shine giraffe tits.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2013, 06:06:52 PM »
It's not that it bothers me that she presented an award.  What bothers me is that Laura Bush would have been greeted with boos.

What's wrong with that?  I love being greeted with booze.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2013, 10:37:10 AM »
Sounds like people looking for shit to be pissed about to me.

You gonna tell me the FLOTUS has more important responsibilities that 3 minutes of a telecast from her home was distracting from?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2013, 11:12:13 AM »
Sounds like people looking for shit to be pissed about to me.

You gonna tell me the FLOTUS has more important responsibilities that 3 minutes of a telecast from her home was distracting from?

Who said that? I think it's apparent from the last 4 years that she doesn't have anything important to do.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2013, 12:14:18 PM »
What are you talking about?  She is trying to get people to eat right...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2013, 12:35:54 PM »
Turns out Laura Bush had something to do with presenting an award. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2013, 12:39:47 PM »

Bothers me. 

Did Reagan present?  He had a right to do so, but he maintained the office as it should be. 

I don't want to see politicians or their horse-faced wives handing out Oscars, showing up to pass out the Lombardi, Heisman or BCS Trophy, throwing out the first pitch, doing the coin toss or pandering in this manner at all.  It was offensive to me. 

Their constant vacationing at my expense is offensive.  The money she wastes on clothes and toothpaste is offensive to me.  Her enormous lard butt coming on my television trying to open her yaw wide enough to get words past those giant shark teeth while she tells me I need to eat better is offensive. 

No respect for them or the lack of decorum they bring to the office. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2013, 12:58:11 PM »
Did Reagan present?  He had a right to do so, but he maintained the office as it should be.

Present?  No.  But he taped a greeting from the White House which was shown at the 1981 Academy Awards.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2013, 01:07:23 PM »
Present?  No.  But he taped a greeting from the White House which was shown at the 1981 Academy Awards.

Was he presenting an award for the best "fake" movie?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2013, 01:24:27 PM »
Bothers me. 

I don't want to see politicians or their horse-faced wives handing out Oscars, showing up to pass out the Lombardi, Heisman or BCS Trophy, throwing out the first pitch, doing the coin toss or pandering in this manner at all.  It was offensive to me. 

Their constant vacationing at my expense is offensive.  The money she wastes on clothes and toothpaste is offensive to me.  Her enormous lard butt coming on my television trying to open her yaw wide enough to get words past those giant shark teeth while she tells me I need to eat better is offensive. 

It's happening...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2013, 01:30:49 PM »
Bothers me. 

It wasn't the president it was the first lady.

Prepare to rage.

http://youtu.be/FPsNboLCwTY?t=2m13s

The Donald makes an appearance in that video also, btw.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2013, 01:39:24 PM »
Damn, you guys suck at contrasting examples.

Laura Bush did find time in her busy schedule to play a small part in an Oscar ceremony during her time as first lady.

The Ronald Reagan example is flawed from the start, because Barrack was not presenting any awards, and yet it is a double fail because Ronald was in fact involved in an Academy Awards broadcast.

Point is, this is a retarded thing to rage over, and just makes anyone trying to do so look extremely whiny.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 01:44:48 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions