Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Grammys

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Grammys
« on: February 11, 2013, 02:51:38 PM »
Didn't watch. Probably should have. I think this was an abnormally good year in new music considering the trend of shittiness.

Fun., Alabama Shakes, Gotye, etc. in the new artists categories. New great albums from Black Keys, Mumford & Sons.

Just catching up on some of the performances. These two are awesome.

http://www.glidemagazine.com/hiddentrack/video-2013-grammys-the-black-keys-dr-john-and-preservation-hall-jazz-band-lonely-boy/

http://www.glidemagazine.com/hiddentrack/video-mavis-staples-mumford-sons-brittany-howard-elton-john-t-bone-burnett-and-zac-brown-the-weight/
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Grammys
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 02:55:05 PM »
All I got out of it was hoping Adele and Miranda Lambert were taking notes from Carrie Underpants.  Bitches....Rumor has it, Weight Watchers does work.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 03:54:07 PM »
All I got out of it was hoping Adele and Miranda Lambert were taking notes from Carrie Underpants.  Bitches....Rumor has it, Weight Watchers does work.

They do seem to enjoying the pre-gout heavily!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 06:02:02 PM »
Didn't watch. Probably should have. I think this was an abnormally good year in new music considering the trend of shoottiness.

Fun., Alabama Shakes, Gotye, etc. in the new artists categories. New great albums from Black Keys, Mumford & Sons.

Just catching up on some of the performances. These two are awesome.

http://www.glidemagazine.com/hiddentrack/video-2013-grammys-the-black-keys-dr-john-and-preservation-hall-jazz-band-lonely-boy/

http://www.glidemagazine.com/hiddentrack/video-mavis-staples-mumford-sons-brittany-howard-elton-john-t-bone-burnett-and-zac-brown-the-weight/

Thanks for posting that.  Brittany Howard gave me chills, when she was telling about Chester to wait a minute Mavis Staples was smiling at her like, "Hell yeah, 40 years ago that was me."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 09:40:15 PM »
They have sucked so bad the past ten years or so I haven't watched.  Between the Zac Brown, Mumford and Sons, Elton, Alabama Shakes, The Black Keys and the Levon Helm tribute I am disappointed that I missed it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 04:26:25 PM »
Thanks for posting that.  Brittany Howard gave me chills, when she was telling about Chester to wait a minute Mavis Staples was smiling at her like, "Hell yeah, 40 years ago that was me."
I also literally got chills during Brittany's verse.

They have sucked so bad the past ten years or so I haven't watched.  Between the Zac Brown, Mumford and Sons, Elton, Alabama Shakes, The Black Keys and the Levon Helm tribute I am disappointed that I missed it.
I'm with you. I'm glad the pendulum seems to be swinging back to good music for a change. I've become that super jaded old guy that thinks for the most part music has sucked dick for the last 15 years or so.

I feel like I can listen to pop radio much more often these days without having to change the channel in disgust. That hasn't been the case in a long, long time.

Now the radio switches between Mumford & Sons, Mackelmore, Alabama Shakes, AWOLNation, The Lumineers, Fun., etc. and some shitty Ke$ha song or "Moves Like Jagger" rarely fucks up a good streak.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 04:37:25 PM »
I also literally got chills during Brittany's verse.
I'm with you. I'm glad the pendulum seems to be swinging back to good music for a change. I've become that super jaded old guy that thinks for the most part music has sucked dick for the last 15 years or so.

I feel like I can listen to pop radio much more often these days without having to change the channel in disgust. That hasn't been the case in a long, long time.

Now the radio switches between Mumford & Sons, Mackelmore, Alabama Shakes, AWOLNation, The Lumineers, Fun., etc. and some shitty Ke$ha song or "Moves Like Jagger" rarely fucks up a good streak.

I don't think music has sucked that bad, It has some shitty talent in there, its just on shows like this (which I don't watch) I don't give a flat flying fuck what their thoughts are on whatever bullshit is going on in the world.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 04:50:12 PM »
One good change I'm seeing with music in general, are bands going back to actually playing music as opposed to one or two people on some master control board generating or recreating the instrument sounds etc.  And it will never be soon enough that I hear my last voice box, tremolo whatever the hell it's called, that changes everyone's voice. I believe Chris Brown's Don't Wake Me Up is a prime example.  Just sing, bitch.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2013, 06:51:22 AM »
One good change I'm seeing with music in general, are bands going back to actually playing music as opposed to one or two people on some master control board generating or recreating the instrument sounds etc.  And it will never be soon enough that I hear my last voice box, tremolo whatever the hell it's called, that changes everyone's voice. I believe Chris Brown's Don't Wake Me Up is a prime example.  Just sing, bitch.

I blame Peter Frampton.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2013, 08:31:55 AM »
I blame Peter Frampton.
What do the Beatles have to do with this argument?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2013, 09:51:25 AM »
In case you didn't already love Alabama Shakes, there's this.

http://www.thewareaglereader.com/2013/02/alabama-shakes-brittany-howard-im-an-auburn-fan/comment-page-1/#comment-1741222

Alabama Shakes’ Brittany Howard: ‘I’m an Auburn fan’
Written by Staff Arts / Culture Feb 25, 2013

After spying Zac Cockrell, the bass player for Alabama Shakes (maybe you’ve heard of them), representing one of Auburn’s quaint local moons during their recent performance at Austin City Limits, we were reminded of a bit of trivia that for a site like TWER has seemed less trivial with every new household that knows the band’s name.

http://video.pbs.org/video/2329194421/

So yes, belated kudos to Birmingham News rock ‘n’ roll reporter and undercover Auburn fan Jeremy Burgess, who during one of the band’s 2012 South By Southwest sets discovered the Shakes’ pigskin preference, or at least frontlady Brittany Howard’s.

Sometimes the ends justify the means, even if accidentally.

@Free_Burge
Despite my Auburn fandom, I yelled "Roll Tide" at the Alabama Shakes show to stir things up. Brittany Howard: "I'm an Auburn fan." #SXSW

“Despite my Auburn fandom, I yelled ‘Roll Tide’ at the Alabama Shakes to stir things up,” Burgess tweeted.

Howard’s response: “I’m an Auburn fan.”
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2013, 11:00:58 AM »
In case you didn't already love Alabama Shakes, there's this.

http://www.thewareaglereader.com/2013/02/alabama-shakes-brittany-howard-im-an-auburn-fan/comment-page-1/#comment-1741222

“Despite my Auburn fandom, I yelled ‘Roll Tide’ at the Alabama Shakes to stir things up,” Burgess tweeted.

Howard’s response: “I’m an Auburn fan.”

Hard to believe that just a few years back they were the kids from Athens that used to play at Maria Bonita's Cantina and now they are selling out shows all over.  The wife and I would grab some off the charts food, have a sangria margarita, shot of bourbon and listen to them play. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan