Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Receiver Visiting

jmar

Receiver Visiting
« on: February 10, 2013, 11:07:12 AM »
http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=5642096

Might need to be placed according to kibbles and bits from 247.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
Re: Receiver Visiting
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 11:14:23 AM »
I hope we get him. Big receiver with great blocking skillz and hands. He's quite fast too. Grade issues we can help him with. He's suppose to take his ACT some time soon. He's supposed to hell on the BB court too.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/835537/derrick-griffin
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 11:16:49 AM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 02:41:40 PM »
6'6” 215lbs./6'7” 220lbs. depending on which recruiting site you look at...either way, that's a big WR and could be used as a TE/HB, if he makes a high enough ACT. Supposedly he took it last week, not sure if it was high enough to get in though, but it would be awesome if it was and Auburn he commits/signs with us because Texas A&M wasn't able to hold a spot for him. Then we land two more 4 stars in Toby and Elder on Jan. 19th & 20th respectively.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

jmar

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 03:47:11 PM »
6'6” 215lbs./6'7” 220lbs. depending on which recruiting site you look at...either way, that's a big WR and could be used as a TE/HB, if he makes a high enough ACT. Supposedly he took it last week, not sure if it was high enough to get in though, but it would be awesome if it was and Auburn he commits/signs with us because Texas A&M wasn't able to hold a spot for him. Then we land two more 4 stars in Toby and Elder on Jan. 19th & 20th respectively.
As unsettled as we are at QB I really want a kid that can beat double teams and out jump defenders- I've seen the film of Marshall retreating and putting a heap of air under his throws and I think Frazier (at least initially) takes command again with some guidance from Lashlee. I know that isn't what anyone wants to hear but that's how i see it at least for now. Hope I'm dead wrong and we have a playmaker and leader in our midst that makes this offense click and inspires the others.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 03:54:52 PM »
As unsettled as we are at QB I really want a kid that can beat double teams and out jump defenders- I've seen the film of Marshall retreating and putting a heap of air under his throws and I think Frazier (at least initially) takes command again with some guidance from Lashlee. I know that isn't what anyone wants to hear but that's how i see it at least for now. Hope I'm dead wrong and we have a playmaker and leader in our midst that makes this offense click and inspires the others.
What's the talk behind the pay window? Would you let me know when you hear something on this kid when you hear it? I'm watching his twatter page, but that may take days for him to update.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 04:15:34 PM »
What's the talk behind the pay window? Would you let me know when you hear something on this kid when you hear it? I'm watching his twatter page, but that may take days for him to update.
I would think Prowler will know quicker than I will as to his qualifying status which might take 4-6 weeks by the norm from the date he actually tested. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 06:25:13 PM »
I'm going with the JUCO kid as starter. But I won't completely freak if I see Frazier trot out. I have some new meds for that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2013, 12:04:32 AM »
I'm going with the JUCO kid as starter. But I won't completely freak if I see Frazier trot out. I have some new meds for that.

Thanks for reminding me to visit the doctor for another script of pre-season Xanax.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2013, 02:47:49 AM »
IMO, with QB Coach Rhett Lashlee we'll be okay at QB.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2013, 09:18:17 AM »
IMO, with QB Coach Rhett Lashlee we'll be okay at QB.

You had the same opinion last year...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2013, 10:28:10 AM »
So this is for this current class that just signed, right?

How does that work? I never understood how there's a signing day that everyone must sign...unless there isn't.

So this is one of three guys we could potentially sign after signing day?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2013, 10:34:00 AM »
So this is for this current class that just signed, right?

How does that work? I never understood how there's a signing day that everyone must sign...unless there isn't.

So this is one of three guys we could potentially sign after signing day?

The signing day is the EARLIEST a kid can sign. After that you can still sign.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2013, 10:36:47 AM »
The signing day is the EARLIEST a kid can sign. After that you can still sign.

This.

Nothing saying you have to sign on signing day, it is just the earliest that you can sign.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2013, 10:41:36 AM »
This.

Nothing saying you have to sign on signing day, it is just the earliest that you can sign.

And you WANT to sign the kids as quickly as you can before any more influence can be heaped upon them.

Some wait till after for their own reasons, usually a bigger spotlight then.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2013, 02:06:14 PM »
I noticed he has offers from several schools including ND and T A&M, but we're the only one listed as him taking a visit to. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2013, 02:08:51 PM »
I noticed he has offers from several schools including ND and T A&M, but we're the only one listed as him taking a visit to.

I hope he goes to Auburn. I can't remember the last time Auburn had a WR that tall.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2013, 02:59:36 PM »
I'll say this about Derrick Griffin, if he's able to qualify and get in at AU, then the WR class will be the one of the best in recent Auburn memory (would rival the Obomanu, Aromashodu, Taylor & iirc, Mix)...because Griffin is is the #1 WR in the Country, regardless what the recruiting sites say (they've rated him taking his grades into consideration & rated as a TE on a couple sites)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2013, 07:39:12 PM »
Which site is this you speak of where he received an extra inch? And how much does it cost? I know someone that may be interested.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2013, 05:22:40 AM »
Which site is this you speak of where he received an extra inch? And how much does it cost? I know someone that may be interested.
http://247sports.com/Player/Derrick-Griffin-8497?pi=16364
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2013, 03:07:47 PM »

:hop:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions