Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

BUT PAAAAWWWWWLLLL!!!!

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
BUT PAAAAWWWWWLLLL!!!!
« on: February 04, 2013, 07:32:45 PM »
http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2013/feb/04/mcs-no-other-wrongdoing-in-wooddale-high-case/

MCS: No other wrongdoing in Wooddale High transcript case

By Kyle Veazey
    Posted February 4, 2013 at 4:08 p.m.

Discuss
    Print
    A
    A
    A
        Share this on Facebook
        Tweet this
        Email this to a friend

Memphis City Schools' investigation into the transcript change that came to light last summer involving former Wooddale High running back Jovon Robinson produced no other evidence of wrongdoing by other MCS employees, the system's interim superintendent said.

"Unless the District is presented with new evidence, we consider the matter to be closed," interim MCS superintendent Dorsey Hopson wrote in an email to The Commercial Appeal.

In early August, The CA reported MCS' acknowledgment that a counselor changed grades belonging to Robinson, who enrolled to play football at Auburn. MCS said an inquiry from the NCAA prompted the transcript's discovery, and Robinson was later ruled ineligible at Auburn.

Wooddale counselor Valerie Starks-Sykes was said to have admitted making the changes in MCS internal emails obtained by The CA in late August. "She was certain someone had asked her to make the changes but was reluctant to name anyone who may have been involved," William White of MCS wrote in one of the emails.

Attempts to reach Starks-Sykes, including Monday, have been unsuccessful. A call to one of Robinson's family members wasn't immediately returned Monday.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: BUT PAAAAWWWWWLLLL!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 07:44:37 PM »
First they got to tha efff beeee I - now they'z dun bought off all the school districks too. This ainntt rite pawwwwll.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 09:33:59 AM »
Luckily for us, all the NCAA enforcement staff has been focused solely on Darius Page getting his grades changed at Foley. 

Wait.....what?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JR4AU

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 12:04:30 PM »
According to warbloggle Jovon is on campus at AU
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 01:24:10 PM »
According to warbloggle Jovon is on campus at AU

I'm a little lost. Where did he go?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

JR4AU

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 02:10:55 PM »
I'm a little lost. Where did he go?

Don't know, just passing along a tweet from warbloggle...

WarBlogle.com ‏@WarBlogle

Jovon Robinson is on campus (not sure if in classes), and from what I was told, is very interested in playing football for Auburn. #wareagle

I would think that in light of the problems they were investigating, he was not only not eligible, but dis-enrolled from school as well, but I don't know that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions