Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Weekend Visits?

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Weekend Visits?
« on: January 24, 2013, 03:09:03 PM »
So, we have this weekend and next.  My understanding is they're trying to get all the big targets in on the last weekend to try and seal the deal.  True?  Anyone coming this weekend?  Gurus...post some skreetz.  It's startin' to get reelz up in here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

noxin

Re: Weekend Visits?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 03:37:17 PM »
My wife's Aunt Flo is visiting this weekend.  Anybody want to go out drinking?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 03:40:13 PM »
Well...kiss my grits!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 03:55:50 PM »
My wife's Aunt Flo is visiting this weekend.  Anybody want to go out drinking?
At least as far as you know

djsimp has a way of keeping Aunt Flo away for months at a time
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 04:00:56 PM »
Guy starts his first day at the largest department store in the world.  They sell everything under the sun.  At the end of the first day, his manager asks him how he did, to which the new employee proudly said he made a sale to one customer.

One customer?  Son, do you know that the average employee here makes 23 sales per day?  And you made one?

Yes sir.  But it was for $463,750.00.

Say what?  What in the world did you sell for that amount?

Well, when I was showing this guy some catfish bait, I asked him where he was fishing.  He said on the banks of the Pea River.  I told him those were real high banks and he was going to need the extra long, heavy duty rod and reels, so I sold him those.  Then we agreed it was going to be cold this weekend so I sold him a couple of pair of our full length camo cover-alls and insulated boots.  We got to talking about fishing and I asked him if he'd ever tried his hand at deep sea fishing off the coast and showed him that 35 foot Bayliner.  He loved it so much that he bought it and a whole set of deep sea tackle and coolers etc. to outfit it.  Then I asked him what he was going to pull it with and he realized he only had a little S-10 pick up so I showed him our trucks and he bought a 2013 Ford F-150.  Grand total of $463,750.00

Amazed, the manager called all the employees around and relayed the story to them, telling them a customer came in for catfish bait and drove out with almost half a million in merchandise.  The new employee said...

Oh no, he didn't come in for catfish bait. He came in for tampons.  I told him, "Well, your weekend's fucked. You may as well go fishing."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 07:39:39 PM »
Guy starts his first day at the largest department store in the world.  They sell everything under the sun.  At the end of the first day, his manager asks him how he did, to which the new employee proudly said he made a sale to one customer.

One customer?  Son, do you know that the average employee here makes 23 sales per day?  And you made one?

Yes sir.  But it was for $463,750.00.

Say what?  What in the world did you sell for that amount?

Well, when I was showing this guy some catfish bait, I asked him where he was fishing.  He said on the banks of the Pea River.  I told him those were real high banks and he was going to need the extra long, heavy duty rod and reels, so I sold him those.  Then we agreed it was going to be cold this weekend so I sold him a couple of pair of our full length camo cover-alls and insulated boots.  We got to talking about fishing and I asked him if he'd ever tried his hand at deep sea fishing off the coast and showed him that 35 foot Bayliner.  He loved it so much that he bought it and a whole set of deep sea tackle and coolers etc. to outfit it.  Then I asked him what he was going to pull it with and he realized he only had a little S-10 pick up so I showed him our trucks and he bought a 2013 Ford F-150.  Grand total of $463,750.00

Amazed, the manager called all the employees around and relayed the story to them, telling them a customer came in for catfish bait and drove out with almost half a million in merchandise.  The new employee said...

Oh no, he didn't come in for catfish bait. He came in for tampons.  I told him, "Well, your weekend's fudgeed. You may as well go fishing."
I chuckled. It was a courtesy chuckle mind you but that is more than I usually get.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, 09:18:23 AM »
I chuckled. It was a courtesy chuckle mind you but that is more than I usually get.
Ugh...don't encourage him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2013, 09:31:32 AM »
Ugh...don't encourage him.

Bitch please.  I'm a damn funny man.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2013, 09:47:55 AM »
Post on bunker. I am not responsible for this being 100% correct.

Signees (3):

Devonte Danzey
    Cameron Artis-Payne
    Ben Bradley

Commitments Remaining Committed (11):

Jeremy Johnson (will take OV on 1/12, may take OV to Ole Miss on 1/19)
    Nick Marshall (OV to AU on 1/26)
    Tony Stevens (OV to AU on 1/19)
    Khari Harding (OV to AU on 1/19)
    Daniel Carlson
    Jimmy Hutchinson
    Brandon King (will take OV on 1/12)
    Jason Smith (OV to AU on 1/12)
    Kamryn Melton (OV on 1/12)
    Cameron Toney (OV on 1/12, unofficial visit to AU on 1/19 to recruit)
    Earnest Robinson (OV on 1/12, OV to Miss. St. on 1/19, OV to USCe on 1/26, will return to recruit)

Commitments on the Fence (2):

Tashawn Bower (unofficial visit to AU on 2/2, OV to FSU on 1/12, OV to UF on 1/19, OV to LSU on 1/26)
    Carl Lawson (OV to AU on 2/1, OV to Clemson on 1/12, OV to Tenn. 1/19, OV to UNC 1/26)

Remaining Targets:

ATH:

Jonathan Walton (OV to AU on 1/26, OV to USCe on 1/19, OV to Tennessee on 1/12)
    Marcus Davis (OV to AU on 1/26, OV to Arky on 2/2)

RB:

Derrick Green (will decide January 26th at 4pm, possible unofficial visit on 1/19 to AU)
    Payton Barber (unofficial to AU on 1/5, OV to UCLA on 1/12, OV to Ariz. St. on 1/19, OV to Ole Miss on 1/26)
    Tarean Folston (OV to AU on 1/19, ND commit)
    Greg Bryant (ND Commit)
    Johnathan Ford (Vandy commit, OV to Vandy on 1/19)
    Altee Tenpenny (Bama commit)
    Corn Elder (possible OV to AU on 2/2)

WR:

Dominic Walker (Considering switch, Neb Commit, OV to AU on 1/19, now done with visits)
    Derrick Griffin (TAMU commit, OV to AU on 1/26)
    Dijon Paschal (no offer)
    Kyrin Priester (NCST commit, no offer, possible OV on 1/12, OV to Ole Miss on 1/19)

OL:

Wilson Bell
    Devondre Seymour (may visit late January)

DT:

Montravious Adams (OV to Clemson on 1/12, OV to bama 1/19, OV to UGA 1/26, OV to AU/SC 2/2)

DE

Ufomba Kamalu (possible OV later in month)
    Parker Cothren (PSU commit, may play OL/DT, possible OV late in process)
    Chris Jones (MSU commit, may take OV to AU on 2/2)

LB:

Rueben Foster (unofficial visit on 1/6 and might take AU OV, OV to Washington on 1/12, will take OV to UGA)
    Zach Cunningham (OV scheduled for 1/12, OV to Oregon on 1/19, OV to Vandy 1/26, OV to Tenn. on 1/28)
    Kenny Flowers (AU leads, OV to AU on 1/19)
    Yannick Ngakoue

CB:

Mackenzie Alexander (OV to Miss. St. on 1/19)
    Marquez White (FSU Commit, OV to AU on 2/2, OV to UK on 1/26)
    Cameron Sutton (OV to AU on 1/12, OV to Tennessee on 1/19)

S

Antonio Conner (did not make OV to AU on 1/19, OV to Ole Miss on 1/26)
    Mackenro Alexander

VISIT SUMMARY

January 5th Weekend

S Brandon King (unofficial)
    DT Ben Bradley (OV)
    WR DeRunnya Wilson (unofficial)
    LB Rueben Foster (unofficial)
    RB Payton Barber (unofficial)

January 12th Weekend

QB Jeremy Johnson
    QB/WR Jason Smith
    LB Zach Cunningham
    CB Cameron Sutton
    S Brandon King
    CB Kamryn Melton
    WR Earnest Robinson
    LB Cameron Toney

January 19th Weekend

RB Tarean Folston
    WR Dominic Walker
    LB James Hearns
    WR Tony Stevens
    LB Cameron Toney (unofficial to help recruit)
    QB Jeremy Johnson (unofficial to help recruit)
    S Khari Harding
    WR Taj Williams
    LB Kenny Flowers

January 25th Weekend

LB/HB Jonathan Walton
    OL Wilson Bell
    ATH Nick Marshall
    ATH Marcus Davis
    CB Mackenzie Alexander (potential)
    S Mackenro Alexander (potential)
    WR Derrick Griffin
    LB Yannick Ngakoue (potential)
    RB Altee Tenpenny (potential)

February 2nd Weekend

DE Tashawn Bower (unofficial visit)
    CB Marquez White
    DT Montravious Adams
    LB Rueben Foster
    DE Carl Lawson
    RB Peyton Barber (possible)
    RB Corn Elder (possible)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2013, 11:03:33 AM »
Post on bunker. I am not responsible for this being 100% correct.
So, we are up el shittay creek, right? Unless lighting strikes, I'm seeing a below par class by our standards. But to be expected I guess with the turnover. Give me some DL and LB's corch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2013, 11:33:53 AM »
So, we are up el shittay creek, right? Unless lighting strikes, I'm seeing a below par class by our standards. But to be expected I guess with the turnover. Give me some DL and LB's corch.

We had great classes and shitting coaching, so maybe this is a turn around.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

chinook

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2013, 01:59:36 PM »

tom shane disagrees. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2013, 02:47:38 PM »
I think a lot of us, myself included, have gotten caught up in the negative press.  Just look at this that WE posted.  "Commitments Remaining Committed".  Really.  As if any second now, you expect them to tell AU to kiss off.  It's every article, every recruit.  "He's been solid to AU from the start...BUT......"

My armchair QB quickie analysis says it looks like we've really hit a lot of our needs and done it quite well.  I am the first to say though, that one of the biggest is still up in the air.  Linebacker.  My hope is that the staff is putting a huge emphasis on addressing that area with the remaining slots.

Priority Needs:  QB & LB

Big time props for Jeremy Johnson and Nick Marshall.  Can't argue with that.  LB...Cameron Toney is it right now.  Get Foster and one other and we're in much better shape.

Running Back:  Love Mason.  But Artimus Pyle makes us pretty damn good at that position.  Again, land any one of the several elite guys out there and it's now game on, bitches.

O-Line:  #1 JUCO guard really helps.  We've had 2 stellar classes at that position and we'll have to trust that this new staff can put a solid group on the field.

WR:  Obvious question with the current group is who the playmakers are.  I think we're better than it looks with the clusterfuck that was the 2012 AU Tigers.  We have athletes.  But, Robinson, Smith and Stevens (3 Four star guys) look like damn fine additions.

D-Line: Again, you look at this group and wonder what the hell went wrong?  Whittaker, Wright and Blackson should be bad ass.  Instead, they looked soft, out of shape and lacked any fire whatsoever.  Coaching? Has to be.  Add Bradley to the mix and they have to be better.  Add Montraviosity Adams and again...game on.

DB's:  Love the PT that true freshmen J. Holsey and J. Jones got last year.  Several upper classmen coming back.  Still don't know what we've really got after last season, though.  Additions of Kamryn Melton, Brandon King and Khari Harding suddenly make us far more physical and athletic.

Like I said, I think the commitments we have so far really hit a lot of our immediate needs.  I have to trust that the top flight recruiters Malzahn hired will close this class with some big time playas.  I think they will.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2013, 07:08:32 PM »
I think a lot of us, myself included, have gotten caught up in the negative press.  Just look at this that WE posted.  "Commitments Remaining Committed".  Really.  As if any second now, you expect them to tell AU to kiss off.  It's every article, every recruit.  "He's been solid to AU from the start...BUT......"

My armchair QB quickie analysis says it looks like we've really hit a lot of our needs and done it quite well.  I am the first to say though, that one of the biggest is still up in the air.  Linebacker.  My hope is that the staff is putting a huge emphasis on addressing that area with the remaining slots.

Priority Needs:  QB & LB

Big time props for Jeremy Johnson and Nick Marshall.  Can't argue with that.  LB...Cameron Toney is it right now.  Get Foster and one other and we're in much better shape.

Running Back:  Love Mason.  But Artimus Pyle makes us pretty damn good at that position.  Again, land any one of the several elite guys out there and it's now game on, bitches.

O-Line:  #1 JUCO guard really helps.  We've had 2 stellar classes at that position and we'll have to trust that this new staff can put a solid group on the field.

WR:  Obvious question with the current group is who the playmakers are.  I think we're better than it looks with the clusterfuck that was the 2012 AU Tigers.  We have athletes.  But, Robinson, Smith and Stevens (3 Four star guys) look like damn fine additions.

D-Line: Again, you look at this group and wonder what the hell went wrong?  Whittaker, Wright and Blackson should be bad ass.  Instead, they looked soft, out of shape and lacked any fire whatsoever.  Coaching? Has to be.  Add Bradley to the mix and they have to be better.  Add Montraviosity Adams and again...game on.

DB's:  Love the PT that true freshmen J. Holsey and J. Jones got last year.  Several upper classmen coming back.  Still don't know what we've really got after last season, though.  Additions of Kamryn Melton, Brandon King and Khari Harding suddenly make us far more physical and athletic.

Like I said, I think the commitments we have so far really hit a lot of our immediate needs.  I have to trust that the top flight recruiters Malzahn hired will close this class with some big time playas.  I think they will.

Love this post, but I think people forget: our past three recruiting classes made Ma Bell cream her crusty octogenarian panties.

True, the kids on campus have been playing romper room games rather than training, but that shit can be fixed.

There is a fuckton of talent on the Auburn campus before signing day.  With a few exceptions for kids that don't want to work, I truly believe that we are going to see one talented and motivated football team in September.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

jmar

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2013, 07:13:11 PM »
"Priority Needs:  QB & LB"

We need at least two more DTs, two DEs, a bad assed MLB and a big breakaway back (w/hands)
I'm assuming someone is going to light a fire under all those OL signees from last year.
And we can get some credible LB play if the DLinemen we already have, get (or hope to) can put up some resistance.

Above with Cunningham and Walton and two of the best impact players on either side of the ball.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 07:16:57 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2013, 09:22:06 PM »
I am going to visit my Aunt Clara in Phenix City this weekend.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2013, 09:40:17 PM »
Splendid!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2013, 12:15:16 PM »

Any chance she will commit this weekend or will she wait until NSD?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

jmar

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2013, 12:36:34 PM »
at the flower show in Mt. Pilot with Bea...stay tuned!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2013, 03:55:31 PM »
she gots an AU tat baby! That does mean all in, right?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions