Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Professional football in the Gump

JohnDeere

• Pledge
Professional football in the Gump
« on: July 31, 2008, 01:02:43 PM »
http://www.leaguelineup.com/welcome.asp?cmenuid=1&url=montgomerybuffaloes&sid=770473769

Buffs Win Season Opening Nail Biter
June 7, 2008 - 07:00 PM
Prattville, AL - The Buffaloes open the 2008 United South Football League(U.S.F.L.) season Saturday at Stanley Jensen Stadium in Prattville, with a 26 - 20 overtime victory over the 2007 U.S.F.L. North Division Runner-up, the Tennessee Rattlers. The Rattlers were led by QB Gordon Keene. Keene threw for two scores and rush for 63 yards. The Buffs were led by Tuskegee native and BTW High School graduate, QB John Scott. Scott completed 10 of 17 passes for 208 yards and 3 TDs. Scott also rushed for 37 yards on 4 carries. The game winning touchdown pass was hauled in by Montgomery native and former Sidney Lanier High School standout, wide-out Craig Smith. Smith finished the game with 3 receptions for 131 yards and 2 TDs. The Buffs will host the Georgia Tigers from Columbus, GA, on Saturday June 21, 2008 at Stanley Jensen Stadium in Prattville. Kick-off time is set for 7:00 pm Central. Admission is $5.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: Professional football in the Gump
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 01:28:11 PM »
That's not the Gump, that's P-vegas!

I can't believe Stanley Jensen is considered worthy of housing a "professional" game.

Granted, I haven't seen it in a while, but I doubt there's been that many renovations. Why not do it in Crampton Bowl or any other stadium in Montgomery that is better suited for this type of thing?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 01:40:32 PM »
Love the name.  What a way to honor the memory of the massive herds of buffalo that used to roam the wild plains of Montgomery...

WTF?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 02:11:31 PM »
Cramton Bowl is a big-time dump now...the stadium in Prattville has got to be nicer and smaller.  These folks aren't going to be playing in front of 20K+ crowds, either.

Buffaloes may be ill-fitting geographically (I don't imagine there were too many tigers roaming the Piedmont back in the day, either, but I digress) is one hell of a lot better than these WNBA-esque beauts:

Georgia Pride
Tennessee Crush
Georgia Xtreme

Lots of Georgia ____________ teams...guess they went to the Foreman school of name selection.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"If you're looking for sympathy, it's in the dictionary between shit and syphilis."

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 03:07:33 PM »
Cramton Bowl is a big-time dump now...the stadium in Prattville has got to be nicer and smaller.  These folks aren't going to be playing in front of 20K+ crowds, either.

Buffaloes may be ill-fitting geographically (I don't imagine there were too many tigers roaming the Piedmont back in the day, either, but I digress) is one hell of a lot better than these WNBA-esque beauts:

Georgia Pride
Tennessee Crush
Georgia Xtreme

Lots of Georgia ____________ teams...guess they went to the Foreman school of name selection.
If you were referring to my high school, then you should be aware that Piedmont's mascot is a Bulldog, not a tiger.  If you are referring to the Piedmont as a geographical term, then i have no idea why Clemson decided on a tiger.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Six

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 03:27:40 PM »
If you were referring to my high school, then you should be aware that Piedmont's mascot is a Bulldog, not a tiger.  If you are referring to the Piedmont as a geographical term, then i have no idea why Clemson decided on a tiger.

As much as I hate to correct you (I lie, I love it), Auburn is located in what is known as the Piedmont Plateau, one of the major geographical/geological features of the eastern United States. 

Read a book sometime. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2008, 05:02:51 PM »
TW, I was not referring to your HS because I had no earthly idea where you attended (I guess I do now)...I don't know any of you.  As Pale explained, it was a nod to Auburn's relative geographical location.

Anyway, Montgomery's team doesn't appear to completely suck at 4-2.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"If you're looking for sympathy, it's in the dictionary between shit and syphilis."