Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Names to Watch 2013 NSD

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Names to Watch 2013 NSD
« on: January 15, 2013, 09:30:58 PM »
http://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2013/1/15/3875910/national-signing-day-2013-best-recruits-classes

Robert Nkemdiche, Kim Klement-USA TODAY Sports

Here are the 20 names you need to know and follow as National Signing Day approaches.
 1. Robert Nkemdiche: The top player in America is 6'5 and 275 pounds, but moves like someone 40 pounds lighter. This freak was once committed to Clemson, but all signs now point to him joining his brother at Ole Miss.
2. Laremy Tunsil: The best offensive tackle in the country out of Lake City (Fla.) Columbia High School is down to Georgia and Alabama, with Ole Miss and perhaps Florida State having an outside shot.
3. Eddie Vanderdoes: The former USC commit is arguably the best defensive tackle recruit in the country. He's now considering Notre Dame, UCLA, Washington and Alabama, as well as the Trojans.
4. Matthew Thomas: Thomas, a lanky linebacker out of Miami (Fla.) Booker T. Washington high School, is ridiculously explosive and has the frame to add considerable muscle. Thomas has narrowed his list to Miami, Florida State, Alabama, Georgia and USC.
5. Montravius Adams: Adams' quickness off the ball is excellent for a defensive tackle. He's thought to be a battle between Clemson and the home-state Georgia Bulldogs.
6. Laquon Treadwell: Treadwell is arguably the best receiver in the country. Out of Illinois, he was long considered a lock to head to Michigan, but a falling out now has Ole Miss in the driver's seat. Oklahoma State and Oklahoma are also in contention.
7. Reuben Foster: Foster is the best inside linebacker recruit in the class. A hair under 6'2 and 240 pounds, Foster's highlight tape is the stuff of legend. Oh, and he transferred from Lagrange (Ga.) to Auburn (AL.) High School, committed to the Tigers, got an Auburn tattoo and subsequently decommitted. Georgia, Alabama, Auburn and Washington are all contenders for his signature.
8. Elijah Daniel: One of two five-star types in a rare good year for the state of Indiana, the 6'4, 255-pound defensive end was once committed to Clemson, but is now considering Ole Miss, Mississippi State and Florida.
9. Vonn Bell: A five-star safety out of Georgia, Bell is down to Alabama, Ohio State and Tennessee. Bell has a ton of range, and most believe Alabama will be his destination come National Signing Day.
10. Tony Conner: Conner is a classic run-stopping safety out of South Panola (MS) High School. He delayed his announcement in early January, and will not announce closer to signing day between Alabama, Ole Miss and Auburn. Ole Miss expects to sign Conner.
11. Derrick Green: One of the best, and more underrated (by some) running backs in the class. Derrick Green has loved Michigan for a while, though Auburn still remains in contention. A no-nonsense power back, Green has good quickness for his size and doesn't try to do things outside of his skill set.
12. MacKensie Alexander: What an interesting recruitment it's been for this five-star corner from Immokalee (Fla.) High School. He was a Tennessee commitment for a time, then, after FSU took a commitment from his brother, some expected him to end up in Tallahassee. That situation didn't work out, as MacKensie didn't join Mackenro, and FSU and Mackenro parted ways. Clemson is thought to have the best shot at him, with Texas A&M, Auburn, and Nebraska also in contention. His mother reportedly wants the school that gets Mackensie to also take Mackenro, and that could be tough at some places.
13. Alex Collins: One of the best running backs in the country out of South Plantation (Fla.) High School. A long-time Miami commitment, Collins backed off after realizing the magnitude of potential sanctions coming from the NCAA. He then really liked Florida State until running back coach and primary recruiter Eddie Gran left for Cincinnati to take the offensive coordinator job. Having always been fond of Wisconsin, Collins then began eying Arkansas when Bret Beliema headed to Fayetteville. Florida is still in the mix as well, as is Miami. Read up on Collins' recruitment here.
14. Dee Liner: Two incidents with police and a commitment to Auburn had Alabama fans talking trash about the five-star defensive linemen out of Muscle Shoals (AL) High School. But after Monday's decommitment from Auburn, Tide fans will welcome him with open arms if (when) he eventually chooses Alabama.
15. Stacy Coley: Coley doesn't say much about his recruitment. The five-star receiver out of Ft. Lauderdale Fla.) Northeast High School is one of the more natural receivers in the class. Everything he does is smooth, and he has plenty of athleticism to go with his feel for the game. Most think he ends up at Florida State, though several other schools, including Miami, are in the mix.
16. Priest Willis: Willis is a promising safety recruit (or a corner in select systems) out of Arizona. LSU is thought to be his leader, but Nebraska, UCLA, and Florida State are also in the mix.
17. Alvin Kamara: Another border war is brewing between Alabama and Georgia for the talented Peach State running back. Kamara reminds me of Marshall Faulk. He is undersized, and doesn't have track speed, but is very quick, catches the ball as well as many receivers, and has a great feel for the game.
18. Tahaan Goodman: Goodman is a big-hitting safety out of California. His leaders include USC, UCLA, LSU and perhaps Oklahoma. Here's our scouting report of Goodman.
19. Asiantii Woulard: The former USF QB commitment out of Central Florida is now on the market again. At 6'4, 200 pounds with lots of athleticism and a big arm, Woulard has a lot of tools. He will also need a redshirt and probably another year or two on the bench to learn the game, depending on the system. Woulard is considering UCLA, Clemson, Kentucky, South Florida and N.C. State.
20. Kylie Fitts: Fitts was one of the stars in USC's class and was set to enroll early. Then USC really screwed him over and didn't allow him to enroll early, causing Fitts to decommit. The talented defensive end from California is still considering the Trojans, but UCLA, Oregon, Alabama and Notre Dame have jumped in the mix.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 09:34:10 PM by WiregrassTiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: Names to Watch 2013 NSD
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 12:57:29 PM »
21.Eyesbleeding
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 01:06:00 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 01:44:49 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 01:53:57 PM »
24. Words
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 01:54:10 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

dallaswareagle

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2013, 01:56:08 PM »
25.  Swiffer jet.

26. Reading glasses  (Just snaggle and I)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2013, 02:06:47 PM »
26. Reading glasses  (Just snaggle and I)

I'm sorry.  I didn't catch that.  What?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2013, 02:10:17 PM »
I'm sorry.  I didn't catch that.  What?

:.::  .'.::: .:;;.; ::.:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

dallaswareagle

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2013, 02:28:27 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2013, 04:11:17 PM »
Fukalloya
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

dallaswareagle

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2013, 04:26:50 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 11:01:16 AM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2013, 11:06:22 AM »
Green announces around 4pm.
Looks like we are out of the running for Green...not on campus.

We could sign as many as 26. Currently list 18.
Guessing we get Walton, Bell and Cunningham.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2013, 02:21:43 PM »
Looks like we are out of the running for Green...not on campus.

We could sign as many as 26. Currently list 18.
Guessing we get Walton, Bell and Cunningham.
He may have been a long shot anyway, but Bisaccia really fucked us there. Wish we would have sent him & Horton together. You'd think we would have anyway for RB commits given some of the names he's coached that would be sure to perk up a RB recruit's ears.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2013, 04:07:03 PM »
Yup. Michigan. Thanks Bisaccia.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2013, 06:15:13 PM »
He was going to Michigan anyway, regardless if Bisaccia stayed. If he didn't pick UM he would've picked UT.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

jmar

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2013, 06:33:15 PM »
I predict we retain Lawson and Foster, losing only Liner and could very well hold on to Bower. It's quite possible we fight it out with UGA in the wanning days for Montravious Adams, but I give them the edge.
We still finish top twenty any way you look at it. I'm disappointed if we don't get at least 3 DTs and 4 LBs because this was a glaring need. And when the sister fuckers latch hold of three of the top fifteen RBs of 2013 and we are nowhere to be found in the next year's rankings (2014) that leaves one stinging due to the tradition that Auburn has as RBU.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2013, 11:02:54 PM »
He was going to Michigan anyway, regardless if Bisaccia stayed. If he didn't pick UM he would've picked UT.
Unless he didn't times infinity.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2013, 07:42:33 AM »
Here's my prediction of the big 3 defensive players that Auburn is in for:

Reuben Foster (UGA)
Carl Lawson (UT)
Montravious Adams (Clemson)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs