friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
Re: Vortex life
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2013, 04:07:33 PM »
I bet you like to slap your iphone and call Siri "ziggy"

iPhone?  I'm not gay.

I just fondle balls.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2013, 04:10:50 PM »
iPhone?  I'm not gay.

I just fondle balls.
and you don't like phone sex because it turns your blackberry brown
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2013, 11:18:18 AM »
    So if I was on a train traveling at the speed of light, then walked from the back of the train to the front of the train, wouldn't I be traveling faster than the speed of light?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2013, 11:23:03 AM »
    So if I was on a train traveling at the speed of light, then walked from the back of the train to the front of the train, wouldn't I be traveling faster than the speed of light?

Probably not.....I've seen you walk.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2013, 11:24:51 AM »

Now a drunken helicopter that exceeds the speed of light would be quite a sight.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2013, 11:26:24 AM »

Well then how in the hell do they get the bubbles in the beer?  I thought splitting beer atoms was the only way.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2013, 11:27:56 AM »
Well then how in the hell do they get the bubbles in the beer?  I thought splitting beer atoms was the only way.

fm=8
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2013, 12:00:02 PM »
He meant ping-pong
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2013, 05:08:42 PM »

No, the wind would blow you off.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Vandy Vol

« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2013, 08:44:18 PM »
No, the wind would blow you off.

My name's not The Wind.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2013, 09:57:22 PM »
No, because you're in a different "state of scale" than that of the outside of the train. Kind of like bubble boy. To make space travel possible, without dying of old age, you would need a vehicle that travels FASTER than the speed of light.

"theory of Space-Time Continuum Quantum physics tell us that everything which exists actually flashes in and out of existence about a billion times per second."

While in the classical domain, the resolution with which a measurement is performed does not change the physics (measuring with a better resolution only improves the precision of the measurements results), this is no longer the case in quantum mechanics. The Heisenberg relations imply a universal dependence of physical results on the resolution of the measurement apparatus. Basing ourselves on this universality and on the relative character of all scales in nature, we have proposed to incorporate resolutions into the definition of coordinate systems, by defining them as their ‘state of scale’. In this form Einstein’s farreaching formulation of the principle of relativity, according to which “the laws of physics must apply to any system of coordinates, whatever its state” [17], can incorporate not only the effect of motion transformations (through the quantities which caracterize the state of motion of the reference system, such as velocity and acceleration), but also of scale transformations. The implementation of such a generalized principle consist in requiring both motion -covariance (more generally, covariance under displacements and rotations of fourdimensional coordinates systems) and scale-covariance[9].

This result is the key for a description of nondifferentiable processes in terms of differential equations.
Rather than considering only the strictly nondifferentiable mathematical object f(x), we shall consider its various approximations obtained from smoothing it or averaging it at various resolutions:

+∞
f(x,ε) = ∫  Φ(x,y,ε) f(y) d y        (3.1)
          –∞

http://aristote.biophy.jussieu.fr/~luthier/nottale/arCSF94.pdf

http://arxiv.org/abs/gr-qc/9411005

"Loop quantum gravity is one theory that predicts a discreteness of spacetime."

http://electron6.phys.utk.edu/qm2/modules/m9/dirac.htm

http://electron6.phys.utk.edu/qm1/modules/m5/pictures.htm

Let us finally briefly consider some prospect for the future development of this field of research. Concerning 29 stochastic quantum mechanics, some work is still needed for a proper inclusion of spin (one can hope to see it not artificially added as in current quantum mechanics, but instead naturally emerge as a structure of the fractal virtual trajectories), then for a thorough understanding of the Dirac equation (in particular in a stochastic framework which would include trajectories running backward in classical time). Concerning scale relativity, the next step is now to include fields into the description: we shall suggest in a forthcoming paper a possible approach to this problem, which allows us to derive new relations between masses and charges of particles [40].

http://www.math.rochester.edu/people/faculty/cmlr/Preprints/Utah-Summer-School.pdf

http://www.cs.vu.nl/~rmeester/onderwijs/stochastic_processes/sp_new.pdf
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 11:25:42 AM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2013, 11:19:35 AM »
What would happen if I bent space and time around my flesh rocket and thrust it at warp speed into your black hole?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2013, 11:23:57 AM »
What would happen if I bent space and time around my flesh rocket and thrust it at warp speed into your black hole?

That's exactly the direction we are going with this. Care to be the first guinea pig?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2013, 11:31:52 AM »
Maybe if we tied a cheetah to Grandma's back.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2013, 11:41:56 AM »

Grandma was replaced with a penguin.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2013, 12:24:38 PM »

You've thought about this before.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2013, 01:25:50 PM »
Does the future currently exist in a tangible state?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2013, 01:41:46 PM »
Does the future currently exist in a tangible state?

I think it does exist in some form that is reachable, but not physically tangible in the sense of the word as we know it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2013, 02:36:09 PM »
No, because you're in a different "state of scale" than that of the outside of the train. Kind of like bubble boy. To make space travel possible, without dying of old age, you would need a vehicle that travels FASTER than the speed of light.

"theory of Space-Time Continuum Quantum physics tell us that everything which exists actually flashes in and out of existence about a billion times per second."

http://arxiv.org/abs/gr-qc/9411005

"Loop quantum gravity is one theory that predicts a discreteness of spacetime."

http://electron6.phys.utk.edu/qm2/modules/m9/dirac.htm

http://electron6.phys.utk.edu/qm1/modules/m5/pictures.htm

http://www.math.rochester.edu/people/faculty/cmlr/Preprints/Utah-Summer-School.pdf

http://www.cs.vu.nl/~rmeester/onderwijs/stochastic_processes/sp_new.pdf

I wasn't really trying to go for deep understanding, just posting semi-related quotes from a stupid 80's film.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions