Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Top 10 Most Hated Teams Per ESPN

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Top 10 Most Hated Teams Per ESPN
« on: July 29, 2008, 06:57:28 PM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3509578

The college football team fans love to hate? The discussion used to begin and end in South Bend. But Notre Dame's drop in the polls also has caused the Irish to drop in my rankings that are topped by college football's Public Enemy No. 1.

1. Ohio State
Many college football fans are hoping they don't have to watch the Buckeyes lose in the BCS championship game again. Most of those same fans only wish their teams had gotten there the last two seasons.

2. USC
No team has been as dominant during the last decade as the Trojans. A lot of fans wonder why the NCAA hasn't taken a closer look at how USC has done it.

3. Notre Dame
The Fighting Irish used to own the top spot on this list. Notre Dame used to win a lot more games, too.

4. Florida
The Gators don't get opposing fans' blood boiling as much as they used to -- like when former coach Steve Spurrier was taking jabs at many of his team's opponents. But many fans just can't believe quarterback Tim Tebow is really that good.

5. Oklahoma
The Sooners might be Ohio State Lite. Bob Stoops keeps getting his teams to BCS bowl games, but somehow keeps losing them.

6. Michigan
Add another fan base -- West Virginia -- to the growing allegiance of Wolverine haters.

7. Texas
Fans who hate the Longhorns are more envious than anything else. Everything is bigger in Texas, including the recruiting base, coaching salaries and tradition.

8. Alabama
Many college football fans are tired of hearing about Paul "Bear" Bryant. The Crimson Tide will never stop talking about him.

9. Miami
Coach Randy Shannon has gone a long way in cleaning up the Hurricanes' off-field image. Unfortunately, there was two decades' worth of garbage to clean up.

10. Tennessee
Unless you're a Volunteer fan, "Rocky Top" might sound like Sheryl Crow covering Guns N' Roses.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 08:39:17 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Top 10 Most Hated Teams Per ESPN
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 07:10:04 PM »
I heard our local sports talk guy read the same poll from Sporting News.  They had Miami first and most of the same teams, not really in the same order.  Bammie was 8th in that one too I believe and FSU was in there in place of Tenn.  But, it seemed most of the reasoning stemmed from tradition and how Nebraska and Bammie and Meechegan etc. used to beat up on teams back in the 70's and early 80's.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 07:58:20 PM »
No team has been as dominant as USC?  Didn't LSU win TWO NCs in the last five years? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 08:26:36 PM »
No team has been as dominant as USC?  Didn't LSU win TWO NCs in the last five years? 

No...USC won in 2003. Remember? Three-pete and all that bullshit? :taunt:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 08:40:43 PM »
This is one poll ESPN did pretty well on. All but one of my most hated are there.
Fun exercise: post your top 10.

1. uat
2. Ohio State Luck Eyes
3. USuCk
4. Notre Lame
5. Chokelahoma
6. Meeechigan
(Dramatic Drop-off)
7. Cal
8. LSU
9. Florida
10. Miami

Note: The Luck Eyes jumped USC this year after still being talked about as solid #1's after being raped twice in a row in the NC by SEC teams. USC could easily jump back to the top when ESPN begins swinging from their nuts if they should beat OSU during the season.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 08:50:19 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 08:44:58 PM »
Ogre's Top 10 Most Hated Teams:

1.  Alabama
2.  USC
3.  Ohio State
4.  Michigan
5.  Notre Dame
6.  LSU
7.  Georgia
8.  Texas
9.  Oklahoma
10.  Miami
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2008, 08:57:40 PM »
If ESPN is going to do an objective poll about the most hated teams, shoudn't they perform some kind of survey? 

All allegiences aside, I bet if you asked fanbases of every school in the SEC who they hated the most, Auburn would be fairly high on that list.  For some reason, a lot of people don't like us.  I don't know why.  We seem to be nice people.   :jesus:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2008, 09:41:43 PM »
1.  Alabama
2.  Texas Tech
3.  LSU
4.  Texas
5.  Notre Dame
6.  Colorado
7.  Brigham Young
8.  Miami, FL
9.  Oklahoma
10.  USC

I have a couple on there that won't make anyone else's list, but it is based largely on interaction with respective fan bases...there'll be snowball fights in hell before I attend another game in Lubbock, Texas.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"If you're looking for sympathy, it's in the dictionary between shit and syphilis."

fred

• Titties and Beer
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2008, 09:43:48 PM »
That poll is full of shit, just like all you stupid fucks on this board! Everyone is pissed because Auburn doesn't have the tradition, 12 national championships, and the big Saban :thumbsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
RTR Motherfuckers!

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2008, 10:10:25 PM »
Birdman's Top 10

1. Bama: For obvious reasons but especially now because Fred is a Mullet wearin' $20 Bama crack whore
2. Texas: Overhyped every year and the ugliest ass uniforms in football
3. Idaho: This requires no explanation
4. Mt. Union: You're gonna' tell me they're not paying players?  Yeah, right!
5. Maryland: Their coach is Jaba the fucking Hutt
6. Kansas: Their coach is Slobba the fucking Hutt
7. San Diego State:  The Assticks?  Assticks?  What kind of mascot is that?
8. Syracuse: So you just fucking settled on a color, huh? Tigers? Nooo...Uummm, Eagles?   Noooo Hey, I know...ORANGE.  Why not Periwinkle you stupid fucks?
9. Wisconsin LaCrosse: See Mt. Union above. 
10. Bama: No reason.  Just a nice way to round things out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2008, 11:59:16 PM »
Chopper's Top 10 FuCksTICk U's....

1. Bama - Even the site of one of these mouthbreathers at the store gets on my nerves when they bag my fucking eggs in the same plastic sack as my WD40. 

2. Tennessee - Largest bowl of Cheetos I've ever seen.  ....Just when you thought "Hee-Haw" was a fucking skit show...

3. The Ohio State - Overhyped fucking jean short wearing, crew cutt sporting "Chet's" from Weird Science.  Chets, Shits.....what's the fucking difference when it comes to ESPN's bastard love spawn...the Buckeyes. 

4. Texas - Get your own FUCKING COACHES!  Over hyped steer fuckers.

5. USC - Arrogant, no clapping, no cheering, two fingers in the air pumping cheating hippie bastards.

6. Notre Dame - Most irrelevant team to be constantly mentioned in Championship conversations.  Get back to us when you've won more than FUCKING THREE GAMES!  Charlie Wiess will be pimping the Nutri-System weight loss plan before he gets back to the fucking BCS.

7. Oklahoma - Because of Stoops the Poop slurping Choklahomo.  Everytime I hear "O U", all I think is, "Why yes, yes you fucking do." ("owe you"...for some of you slower folks)

8. L S U - Simply because they have Corky the fucking Waterhead coaching them under the veil of a pillowy white perfected head cover...then get away with it.  "Never underestimate the power of the handicapped" never made more sense to me than it does now.

9. Wisconsin - Everywhere they go, they should warn the hosting crowd..."WARNING!!!!!  WARNING!!!!  EXTREMELY BORING SITUATION ABOUT TO FUCKING HAPPEN!!!!"   A Wisconsin Badger game gets me about as excited as Margaret Thatcher naked....well...nevermind... :silence:

10. Cal - Lions and Tigers and Be...wait..no...  Just fucking hippies all over the fucking place throwing SHIT from TREEEEES!!!!  I repeat...  THROWING SHIT FROM TREEEEEESSS.    Nuke Cal.

I feel better now.  :silence:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2008, 10:14:28 AM »
AWK's Fuck "U" List.

1. Georgia - I know, this doesn't make a lot of sense.  However, the fucking UGA fans are more cocky and retarded than any other fan base I have seen (including UA) in the past few years.  I don't know what the fuck happened, because when I was at Auburn we respected each other.  Must be the Hope mediocrity scholarship at work. 

2. Alabama - Need I say more? Ok, I will:  Paul Bear Bryant, 12 National Championships, Houndstooth Skirts, Houndstooth Baseball caps, The strip, Cocaine, Rednecks, Paul Finebaum, Brodie Croyle, Bama is Back, Saban, Sorostitutes, Tradition, etc... Things you can hear any day at a local truckstop. 

3. Ohio State - Jesus H. Christ, I don't give a shit if everyone you are returning on your football team is a starter, if you play no one and can't win the big game, go the fuck home. 

4. USC - Easy schedule, but a good team.  Don't let me fool you, USC is loaded, but they seem to go to the National Championship based on their image (profalactic) rather than their talent/strength/schedule.

5. Notre Dame - Charlie Weis is fat and Clausen douchebag sucks.  fucking 4 - 8 last season and people were still talking about them...

7. Oklahoma - Their Schedule should read, Aug. 30 Who Cares, Sept. 6 Who Cares, etc..., Nov. 2 Texas.  Fuck that, I would love to see them in the SEC, and I'm sure Ole Mrs. would too. (possible win)

8. Michigan - They were ranked #3 pre-season last year and lost their opener to App. State................the hype machine never fails.

9.  Penn State - Osteoperosis and liver spots, retire. 

10. Florida - Tebow eats circumsized filipino foreskin, I figured out the source of his super power. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2008, 10:17:46 AM »
AWK's Fuck "U" List.

10. Florida - Tebow eats circumsized filipino foreskin, I figured out the source of his super power. 

So I take it, you'll be on the first flight out?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions