Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

YOLO

YOLO
« on: January 02, 2013, 12:48:28 PM »
JASPER, Ala. January 2, 2013 (AP)

Investigators believe a small plane that crashed in the Alabama woods was taken without permission for a joyride by a student pilot and two other teenagers who died in the wreck Tuesday night.

Walker County sheriff's Chief Deputy James Painter said Wednesday authorities are still investigating but believe the three teenagers took off in the plane before it went down in a wooded area near Jasper, northwest of Birmingham.

"We don't know for sure but we think it was some teenagers who stole the plane and were sort of joyriding it," Painter told The Associated Press. "They got it in and took off and didn't go very far."

Federal Aviation Administration spokeswoman Kathleen Bergen said the Piper PA 30 crashed less than a mile from the Walker County Airport in Jasper.

The names of the three occupants of the plane haven't been released.

"I think they were just looking for a thrill and they had their last one," Painter said.

The plane had departed from the small airport at night and when there was a low cloud ceiling , airport manager Edwin Banks said.

"It was a student pilot flying an airplane without permission, an airplane that he was not qualified to fly at night," Banks said. He declined to name the student before authorities release the identities.

The teenage pilot had flown a single-engine airplane in the past "and he got in a double-engine at night in bad weather with a couple of his buddies," Banks said.

The Piper PA 30 is also called a Piper Twin Comanche. It is a low-wing plane with two propellers and can seat four to six, depending on the model.

The planes were built from 1963 until 1972, and were popular with flight schools because of their fuel efficiency and relatively inexpensive price tags, according to the International Comanche Society, an enthusiasts' group.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/deadly-ala-plane-crash-joyride-18113447#.UORpdG80WSo
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: YOLO
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 01:32:19 PM »
Hey look at us we stole a plane.......wooooooo .......were dead.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 02:04:48 PM »
I wonder what the odds are that the words "Investigators say that alcohol was a factor" will appear somewhere in the next update.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 02:26:54 PM »
Famous last words...

"Watch this shit..."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 02:40:48 PM »
Dude.If one engine is good....two gotta be better. Right?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 02:52:55 PM »
Hey, hold my beer
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2013, 02:56:01 PM »
Dude, I got this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2013, 03:23:38 PM »
Hey, what does this button do?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2013, 04:44:03 PM »
I hear you feel ten times more drunk in the air!

We are out of beer money so let's steal a plane. You can fly, right!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2013, 04:52:09 PM »
Want to join the mile high club?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2013, 05:04:39 PM »
Want to join the mile high club?

Up and down and up they go
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2013, 05:17:52 PM »
Want to join the mile high six feet under club?

So sad that stupidity can be terminal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2013, 05:18:20 PM »
Up and down and up they go

And then down one final time......
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2013, 05:19:11 PM »
So sad that stupidity can be terminal.

Actually. They probably hadn't procreated yet. So there is that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2013, 06:54:25 PM »
Off we go
into the wild blue yonder,
We're flying right
into the ground.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2013, 07:44:50 PM »
Unfortunately, there was a time between about 15 and 20 yrs. old that I could see myself going along for the ride. I mean, he was a student pilot ya know. I don't know when I lost my invincibility but I'm so glad that I did.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2013, 09:02:51 PM »
Actually. They probably hadn't procreated yet. So there is that.
Thank God.

My money says they were bammers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions