Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

al.com's AU Recruiting Update

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
al.com's AU Recruiting Update
« on: December 27, 2012, 11:57:12 AM »
This did and didn't give me wood. Love to see us in the thick of it with Adams. But this is the first I've heard of Lawson being questionable.  Do..not...like.  Want Carl

Each week until National Signing Day, al.com will take an in-depth look at the top remaining targets for the Auburn Tigers with updates on where Auburn stands with each player and who stands as the top competition for the Tigers. Take a look at this week's Tiger Targets.

Montravius Adams
Defensive Tackle
Dooly County (Vienna, GA)

One of the most fascinating recruiting battles in the country just got even more interesting. Shortly after Adams announced where he would take four official visits in January (Florida, Clemson, Alabama and Georgia), Auburn's hiring of Rodney Garner earned the Tigers a closer look and likely the five-star lineman's final official visit on February 1.

Top Competition: Georgia, Alabama, Clemson and Florida

De'Runnya Wilson
Wide Reciever
Wenonah (Birmingham, AL)

This fast-rising wide receiver picked up an offer in December from Auburn and is close friends with AU commit Jeremy Johnson (both are also star basketball players). Wilson will take an official visits to Auburn and Mississippi State in January and likely won't make a decision until after those visits. Wilson says he wants to play both football and basketball in college

Top Competition: Mississippi State

Zach Cunningham
Outside Linebacker
Pinson Valley (Pinson, AL)

After a stellar senior season, Cunningham has picked up several late offers, including Auburn, and has been elevated to a four-star rating by recruiting services. Cunningham has scheduled official visits to both Auburn and Oregon in January and will likely wait until after the visits before making a decision.

Top Competition: Oregon, Tennessee
Carl Lawson
Defensive End
Milton (Alpharetta, GA)

The five-star defensive end's father revealed last week to Auburn Undercover that Auburn is not likely to be among the five schools Lawson will officially visit, though the star defender and his family are impressed with the Tigers' decision to hire Rodney Garner. The star target's commitment to Auburn still appears to be a tenuous situation.

Top Competition: USC, Tennessee, North Carolina

Dee Liner
Defensive Tackle
Muscle Shoals (Muscle Shoals, AL)
The four-star defensive lineman refuses to comment publicly on the status of his recruitment but has been in communication with the coaching staff at Alabama and will also take an official visit to Miami in January following the Under Armour All-America Game.

Top Competition: Alabama

Reuben Foster
Inside Linebacker
Auburn (Auburn, AL)

After opening up his recruitment recently, Foster announced he was still considering Auburn and was impressed with Malzahn upon meeting him for the first time. Foster has set up official visits to Washington, Georgia, LSU and Miami but will have plenty of opportunities to unofficially visit both Auburn and Alabama before Signing Day.

Top Competition: Alabama, Georgia

MacKensie Alexander
Cornerback
Immokalee (Immokalee, FL)

This four star defensive back had a close relationship with Charlie Harbison at Clemson and is now considering Auburn thanks to Harbinson's new job as the Tigers' co-defensive coordinator. Alexander will likely decide on National Signing Day.

Top Competition: Clemson, Florida

Kyrin Priester
Wide Receiver
Brookwood (Snellville, GA)

A three-star wide receiver and former Georgia commit, Priester, who is currently committed to NC State, has not received an AU offer to date but could flip to the Tigers if he gets one.

Top Competition: NC State, Ole Miss

Khari Harding
Safety
Santa Fe (Edmond, OK)

A three-star defensive back currently committed to Arkansas, Harding picked up an offer from Auburn recently and is now considering the Tigers. Harding was recruited by Malzahn at Arkansas State and that pre-existing relationship could be a major asset for the Tigers in their attempt to steal the three-star prospect from the Hogs.

Top Competition: Arkansas, Arizona State

Jordan Wilkins
Running Back
St. Benedict (Cordova, TN)

A four-star running back ranked among the top ten all-purpose backs in the nation, Wilkins expressed concern over the coaching change at Auburn but remains committed to the Tigers while looking around at other schools. He has an official visit to Arkansas scheduled in January and could also visit Vanderbilt and Ole Miss.

Top Competition: Arkansas
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."