funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
Re: "Honey, I swear! It was the eagle's fault!"
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 11:20:39 PM »
No way that is real.  He just HAPPENED to be filming an eagle randomly when it tried to fly off with a kid?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 07:02:57 AM »
I don't know.  Looks pretty good to me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 08:22:01 AM »
Moral of the story Mom. You think it's cute, but dressing your kid like a bunny rabbit has consequences!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 09:05:39 AM »
I vote real. I saw a hawk swoop down at my 1 yr old many years ago. It's like he sized him up and decided the payload was a bit too much so he backed off at the last second. Maybe this could happen to my wife. But I'm sure he'd bring her back.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2012, 10:22:12 AM »
Fake.

http://gawker.com/5969701/all-the-reasons-that-baby+snatching-eagle-video-is-fake

All The Reasons That Baby-Snatching Eagle Video Is Fake
Neetzan Zimmerman

When that video of a Golden Eagle snatching a baby from the ground (yes, that video of a Golden Eagle snatching a baby from the ground) hit the web last night, everyone immediately accepted its veracity.

Even on typically far-from-credulous Internet forums there was nary a "fake" and/or "gay" to be found.

Several hours later, those forums finally found their bearings, rolled up their sleeves, and got down to the task of debunking the latest viral tomfoolery before it had a chance to truly take off.

So here's what they have so far:

* Right off the bat, this is the uploader's only video. That's usually a pretty big tell.

* Secondly, news of this harrowing incident is nowhere to be found in Canadian media. Seems like a story someone would cover.

* Third, enhanced versions of the video as well as individual stills appear to reveal several flaws in the creator's CGI: The eagle's wing disappears for a brief moment while in flight; the bird's shadow disappears and reappears at various times; the baby appears to be moving upwards after being dropped by the eagle; and the baby's ragdoll-like fall suggests the physics are computer-made.

* Perhaps most convincing, however, is this comment made by renowned bird expert Kenn Kaufman:

'A golden eagle tries to snatch a baby in Montreal,' and the video goes viral. But it's faked. Golden Eagle is a scarce visitor in the Montreal area, but the bird in the video is not a Golden Eagle, nor anything else that occurs in the wild in North America. This was clearly a setup: using a falconer's bird, and probably a fake toddler for the distant scene. With all the ignorance about nature that's out there already, the last thing we need is this kind of stupid garbage.

As for the source of this highly convincing fake, the Internet jury is still out on that. But one Farker pointed to the existence of 3D animation school in Montreal that holds an annual "hoax the Internet" exam.

of their past work.

If you have additional proof or know the source of the hoax, please leave it below.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2012, 10:50:28 AM »
I was just joking. I knew it was fake the whole time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2012, 02:38:04 PM »
No way that is real.  He just HAPPENED to be filming an eagle randomly when it tried to fly off with a kid?

#winning
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions