Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Thoughts - Championship Week

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
Re: Thoughts - Championship Week
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2010, 04:35:25 PM »
ESPN.com provided the stats.

No biggie, just wanted to get them right.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2010, 04:42:53 PM »
So, you're saying that Cam is a Hired Gun?

Not per se.  I think Cam loves Auburn.  But he and Auburn needed each other.  He did not come by the normal route.  He was a Florida man first.  he has said that he misses Florida and the friendships he made there.  That was his dream.  His decision to come to Auburn was a business decision (no, haters, not of the immediate financial kind, but you know his NFL future was the number one consideration).  Cam's dream of playing at Florida short-circuited, and he had to make a tough choice.

For example, Tebow is a Florida man - always was, always will be.   He is to Florida like Bo is to Auburn - the player most often associated with the program for legendary reasons but a player that will be a die hard Gator in his soul forever.

And I just think that while Cam will be the greatest on the field player Auburn has ever or will ever see, the fact remains that Bo will be the ultimate Auburn man in my mind. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2010, 04:58:29 PM »
I love Cam. 

He has definitely left his mark on Auburn University.

I have no doubt that Cam will always be grateful to Auburn for giving him a chance, and for sticking by him through all the bullshit.  He will probably say "Auburn University" when he is introduced on Monday Night Football.  We will retire his number and claim him as our own.

But Cam is a one and done journeyman. 

And Bo is an Auburn man, through and through.  He will always be an Auburn man, to his soul.  He comes back to keep the team pumped up.  He continues to be associated with Auburn.  Bo loves Auburn just like we all do, without reservation, and with his entire being.  And as others have mentioned, he helped make it possible for me to go to school on the Monday after the Iron Bowl with my Auburn gear on and my head held high.  He helped start the dream that Cam is living right now.

So while Cam makes history at Auburn, Bo IS history at Auburn.  And to me, Bo will always be the greatest Auburn football player of all time.

Yes that is true, but where is Auburn history headed?

Let's be honest.  We fired Tommy Tuberville because we wanted championships.  We all scoffed at the Chizik hire not because we thought it was going to be monumentally bad, but because it didn't make sense to get rid of a guy like Tuberville if we weren't going after a cut-throat national championship caliber head coach. 

Chizik has surprised us.  But it's Cam that has taken us to new heights. 

To me, Bo brought us out of the shadow of Alabama.  He dove over the top to stop the nine game winning streak.  He ran his way into the history books, and he picked up the Heisman Trophy along the way.  His freakish athleticism brought fame and pride to Auburn. 

But he only took us to the upper-middle tier of college football.

I feel like I'm watching Auburn move into the top of the college football.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Tiger Wench

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2010, 05:08:04 PM »
Cam brought us at least one championship.  He is forever linked to Auburn for that reason.  And I love him.  He will be on the side of the stadium, and on the scoreboard and he will forever be #2 just like we have a #34.  And I am so grateful for that.

But Bo IS Auburn, and continues to BE Auburn, and will ALWAYS be Auburn. 

Be honest - do any of you anticipate Cam coming back to Auburn regularly like Bo does, simply because he loves Auburn and wants to support the football team?  Do you see Cam encouraging his own kids to attend Auburn even though he lives a long way away?  Do you see Cam firing up the team before an Iron Bowl because he hates bammer as much as the Auburn nation does?

Bo knows.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2010, 05:29:15 PM »
Is ESPN seriuosly showing an SMU Death Penalty special after the Heisman Ceremony?  $1 to a donut this is SPuat's doing, that's all they're going to talk about for the next few years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2010, 07:15:34 AM »
He's good.  But he's noFreddie Kitchens

Nobody could eat like Mrs. Kitchen's boy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2010, 10:18:20 AM »
Nobody could eat like Mrs. Kitchen's boy.

Played baseball against Fat Freddie in HS........Fat Freddie was very fitting.  I will give his ass credit though, he could fucking hurl a baseball.  Easily in the low 90's.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2010, 10:20:52 AM »
Cam brought us at least one championship.  He is forever linked to Auburn for that reason.  And I love him.  He will be on the side of the stadium, and on the scoreboard and he will forever be #2 just like we have a #34.  And I am so grateful for that.

But Bo IS Auburn, and continues to BE Auburn, and will ALWAYS be Auburn. 

Be honest - do any of you anticipate Cam coming back to Auburn regularly like Bo does, simply because he loves Auburn and wants to support the football team?  Do you see Cam encouraging his own kids to attend Auburn even though he lives a long way away?  Do you see Cam firing up the team before an Iron Bowl because he hates bammer as much as the Auburn nation does?

Bo knows.
I get what you are saying Wench and I agree....however, Bo has been out of football for a looooong time.  I haven't really seen him around the program, perhaps sporadically, definitely not like this year.  Maybe that was Bo maybe that was coaches.  My point is, we really don't know what Cam will do 25 years from now.  He might be a 6'6" 300lb smiling ball of energy on the sideline. 

He will definitely get a major step up, if he stays for his Senior year.  I think he is probably gone, however, I see that smile on his face and just think he is having a blast.  It would be a major middle finger to the media, and all the haters if he came back.  Something inside me thinks he stays, course that is probably just my orange and blue blood.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Tiger Wench

« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2010, 10:28:47 AM »
I get what you are saying Wench and I agree....

Thanks - goodness knows I am not trying to be anti-Cam.  Quite the contrary.  But you look at someone like Eddins who is the third man in his family to play for the Tigers, and it just feels different.  He is there because he loved Auburn first.  He will be an Auburn man until the day he dies.  I respect that.  And I would totally understand it and have no problem with it if Cam is not like that - he has done so much for us, we can hardly complain.  We needed each other.

Bo may not have been around as much during the CTT years, but that long SI article about him showed him making the arrows for his bow, and the fletching on his hunting arrows is blue and orange.  Bo is an Auburn man.

I guess I just identify with someone like that since I am the same way.  Orange and blue forever.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2013, 07:14:47 PM »
Is ESPN seriuosly showing an SMU Death Penalty special after the Heisman Ceremony?  $1 to a donut this is SPuat's doing, that's all they're going to talk about for the next few years.
Bump
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2013, 09:32:45 PM »
Bump
Just because you said it twice doesn't make it any less stupid.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2013, 11:36:07 AM »
Weird how that E60 focused on how Auburn coaches force-fed these innocent kids Spice and ruined their lives, and then cut to a story on how Saban's emaculate grace and the golden city of Tuscaloosa saved Eddie Lacey's life.

Just sayin.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2013, 11:57:46 AM »
Weird how that E60 focused on how Auburn coaches force-fed these innocent kids Spice and ruined their lives, and then cut to a story on how Saban's emaculate grace and the golden city of Tuscaloosa saved Eddie Lacey's life.

Just sayin.
Oh, and don't forget when HBO ran their story about how Auburn paid players, they accompanied it with a glowing inspirational piece about Alabama & Tyrone Prothro.

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2013, 10:54:03 PM »
Again...this is uat pushing the allegation garbage based on 100% false information without a hint of actually investigating further. The only thing the uat E:60 piece did was paint Auburn as a drug ring, a legal drug at the time, and the drug testing company that Auburn was contracted through didn't have the test...the fact that Auburn actually provided that company with samples to produce the correct tests was lost on all the morons doing everything they could to paint Auburn in a negative light. Then they show uat with their backdated tests and prop them up to be some ”pure as the driven snow” program, when anyone with half a brain would tell you otherwise.

If you can't see that your whore shit University isn't behind all this or helping push it through their media machine, than you need to have your head checked...make sure that brain is still working.

Spin that fuckin bammer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2013, 03:22:50 PM »
than you need to have your head checked...make sure that brain is still working.
You may want to practice what you preach.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler