Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

ESPN Sprecial on Bo tonight 8pmCST

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
Re: ESPN Sprecial on Bo tonight 8pmCST
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2012, 09:59:31 AM »
Uh did you mean 1982?

Yes, darlin. Thanks. Fat fingers typing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2012, 10:02:12 AM »

So there is fingering involved?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2012, 11:42:25 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2012, 12:19:34 PM »

It was late. I had to read it twice. Thanks for not PMing me with a lot of threats to whip my punk ass like some other posters around here......
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2012, 12:24:08 PM »
Have a buddy that played football at Ole Miss in the mid 80s, that got to see first hand an SEC track meet where Bo and Hershel ran in a heat.  I think the 100m.  I think Hershel would have been a Sr. and Bo a Fr.  Said Hershel beat him by a hair, and they smoked the rest of the field. 

He was also on the field for Auburn's thrashing of his Rebels in 85, and watched Bo go off on them.  Said he was in awe of what he saw from Bo. 

It amazes me the athletes that say "what the fudge was that" after seeing Bo.

Best friend's Mother In Law had surgery and rehab with Andrews.  She was in a whirlpool room when Bo Walked in in a speedo after his hip surgery.  She's as conservative a lady as any you'd meet, but we all laugh at how she was in awe of the physical specimen of Bo.   She blushes to this day when it's brought up.  The only words she can come up with is "Oh my!" to describe it.

I saw a video of a track meet with Bo and Herschel.  What was funny wasn't just that they were faster than the other runners, it was that they were about 4" taller and 50lbs heavier and still smoked them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2012, 12:29:37 PM »
I saw a video of a track meet with Bo and Herschel.  What was funny wasn't just that they were faster than the other runners, it was that they were about 4" taller and 50lbs heavier and still smoked them.

They were both very rare freaks of nature that God just touched and said, "You will be a great physical specimen".

I wonder if Hersh ever tried other sports. Bo could have done anything, I am certain of that. I'm pretty sure that Hersh could have also. The difference being that Bo DID do it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2012, 12:47:08 PM »
Bo absolutely is the epitome of the ultimate Auburn man.  He came to Auburn with a speech impediment, poor, and a reputation as a trouble maker and bully.  In four years he left educated, people lining up to hire him for millions of dollars, and someone who was known for his charity work.  He spurned George Steinbrenner, Bear Bryant, and the NFL and the money and fame that go with all on matters of personal pride and principles.  He earned his degree.  When a freak injury threatened to end his career he didn't pout, he went to work.  When it did eventually take his career away he didn't pout, he went into business and was successful.  When natural disaster struck his home state he went out and worked to raise money for it.  He was as famous for a while as anybody and remained humble throughout.

There are not many people that I would consider myself just in awe of but he is one of them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

JR4AU

« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2012, 12:52:32 PM »
Bo absolutely is the epitome of the ultimate Auburn man.  He came to Auburn with a speech impediment, poor, and a reputation as a trouble maker and bully.  In four years he left educated, people lining up to hire him for millions of dollars, and someone who was known for his charity work.  He spurned George Steinbrenner, Bear Bryant, and the NFL and the money and fame that go with all on matters of personal pride and principles.  He earned his degree.  When a freak injury threatened to end his career he didn't pout, he went to work.  When it did eventually take his career away he didn't pout, he went into business and was successful.  When natural disaster struck his home state he went out and worked to raise money for it.  He was as famous for a while as anybody and remained humble throughout.

There are not many people that I would consider myself just in awe of but he is one of them.

Yep
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2012, 12:55:07 PM »

Epic track battles between the two. People forget that they both were track stars too. I mean, who watches track anyway!

There was also An A-day (Mid to late 80's) game where they allowed people (Mostly track high school kids) on the field to challenge Bo to a race-They started at the 25 or 30 and Bo was at the goal line,

Bo beat everyone by twenty yards if I remember.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2012, 03:14:56 PM »

I concur. My admiration prob has as much to do with his character and his seemingly humble nature as his athletic accomplishments. It's hard to figure someone being so humble while being so great. I know that being great makes maintaining humbleness difficult for me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2012, 06:26:22 PM »
Ran into Bo a year or so ago at the Auburn Conference Center.  I was going out, he was coming in. 

We're roughly the same age and I still froze up.  Couldn't even choke a word out. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

oldautiger

• Resident Old Fart
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2012, 09:46:19 AM »
Bo was not happy about being declared ineligible by the NCAA for his plane ride with Hugh Culverhouse, the Tampa Bay owner.  ESPN does not mention the fact that Culverhouse was a bammer grad. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard, grow big, wear glasses of you need 'em." - Webb Wilder

"Auburn is no Harvard, M.I.T. or Alabama - Thank GOD for small favors" - Anonymous

I can't recommend sex, drugs and rock 'n roll to everybody, but they've worked for me. - Me

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2012, 10:50:25 AM »
Bo was not happy about being declared ineligible by the NCAA for his plane ride with Hugh Culverhouse, the Tampa Bay owner.  ESPN does not mention the fact that Culverhouse was a bammer grad.
This was the one part of the documentary that was new to me. I did not know that Bo was ever declared ineligible.

My first thought was "Bammers must have been involved somehow", but then he wasn't disqualified until all of his football seasons were over with. Makes more sense that he was trying to fuck him out of his baseball career so he would focus on football. Still shady as shit, and I'm glad did what he did in response.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2012, 11:24:47 AM »
This was the one part of the documentary that was new to me. I did not know that Bo was ever declared ineligible.

My first thought was "Bammers must have been involved somehow", but then he wasn't disqualified until all of his football seasons were over with. Makes more sense that he was trying to fudge him out of his baseball career so he would focus on football. Still shady as shoot, and I'm glad did what he did in response.

I had heard the story before, from what I understand the Bucs were tattling to the NCAA while the plane was still in the air.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions