Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Rumors

Rumors
« on: December 07, 2012, 02:47:37 PM »
Not trying to stir the Petrino pot again, but did anybody hear that Auburn (and possibly others) uncovered a pretty bad gambling habit when they were looking into him?  Supposedly that was the reason he is did not get any play from Auburn, Kentucky, or UT.

Just skreetz, haven't found anything on the net.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Re: Rumors
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 02:51:45 PM »
Not trying to stir the Petrino pot again, but did anybody hear that Auburn (and possibly others) uncovered a pretty bad gambling habit when they were looking into him?  Supposedly that was the reason he is did not get any play from Auburn, Kentucky, or UT.

If he had a problem, it certainly didn't translate to anything negative on the field.  Either it's a BS rumor, or he dealt with it really well.  Not saying it's OK or anything.

As far as Kentucky goes, I don't think any big name coach would go there.  It's a dead end.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 02:53:22 PM »
If he had a problem, it certainly didn't translate to anything negative on the field.  Either it's a BS rumor, or he dealt with it really well.  Not saying it's OK or anything.

As far as Kentucky goes, I don't think any big name coach would go there.  It's a dead end.

Yeah, but the insinuation I got was that the gambling was football related.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

JR4AU

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 02:53:53 PM »

The guys on The Zone midday show said maybe even some "covered up" arrests were found.  Hard to believe, but it was said.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 02:57:35 PM »
Yeah, but the insinuation I got was that the gambling was football related.
Damn.  If true, he's done.  It's hard enough to resurrect your career from where he is now.  What you're talking about would be the nail in the coffin.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 05:31:40 PM »
Can't be true, He's going to be the Savior of someone's football program.  Turned his life around after the Arky stuff and is the hottest thing going.

Besides, only the holy rolling, moral police care about affairs or gambling or any other personal character flaw.  just hire the man because he can coach
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 05:33:28 PM by AUTailgatingRules »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2012, 05:47:45 PM »
Can't be true, He's going to be the Savior of someone's football program.  Turned his life around after the Arky stuff and is the hottest thing going.

Besides, only the holy rolling, moral police care about affairs or gambling or any other personal character flaw.  just hire the man because he can coach
Why do you like Petrino so much?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

JR4AU

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2012, 06:38:55 PM »
Why do you like Petrino so much?

He's making sure he gets the message out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2012, 06:50:19 PM »
He's making sure he gets the message out.

Someone needs to take his telegraph machine away.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2012, 07:37:40 PM »
If that is true, about the football related gambling...then Thank God Auburn didn't hire him. The State media would've had a mission to dig and finebaum would've had material for YEARS, since Auburn would've hired the ”Charlie Hustle” of College Football.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

HSVBeerNerd

• "Who the $%!# made me an engineer??"
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2012, 07:40:29 PM »

Hmmmmmmmm... sounds good enough for USC
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Friends don't let friends buy Pat Dye's undergarments on Ebay...

RWS

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2012, 07:56:18 PM »

It's all about calculated risk.

It is probable that he can win wherever he goes.  Very probable.  Maybe he did change his life after the Arky stuff.  The gambling stuff (if in fact true) could be part of that turnaround.  Nobody knows except him. 

He was on shaky ground to start with.  I think that he was worth teams taking a chance on him.  Aside from the whole affair deal, he's never really shown anything that he was a shady guy.  But when you start piling things up, such as the possibility of this gambling on football problem, it makes the risk a little easier to calculate.  Especially since it has something to do directly with football.  The affair was bad enough for his image.  The gambling thing would be bad too.  But when those two things come out, you really start to worry what else might get shaken out of the tree.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2012, 08:59:47 PM »
I'm past any ill feel for not getting Petrino, Patterson, Peterson, or whoever the fuck someone feels the need to mention. Gus was not on the top of my list for the HC position but thus far he has been spot on with everything he has done. The one thing we can all agree on is that he is an offensive maniac/genius. It is apparent that he is going to be in control of the offense and I have no problem with that. Also, I one
that thinks he will not be micromanaging the DC. If Ellis stays true to his past resume as a DC, then we are in good shape. I'm actually getting excited. Time to go have sex.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2012, 09:12:03 PM »
Time to go have sex.
And schedule the delivery room for Labor Day weekend.....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2012, 10:38:44 PM »

Riddle me this shit. If AU found out Petrino was gambling as the rumor goes and AU was never gonna consider him in the first place, then why the fuck didn't they just come out and cross him off the list from the start and on top of it turn around and call his ass for a bullshit 15 minute phone interview?

Btw, watch and fucking see if Petrino don't win big at where ever he lands. MFer ran a true pro style O and ran it damn well. I even see the guy take a 4th string true frosh white boy at RB and a RS freshman tighend put at FB and provide Auburn fans with one of their greatest Iron Bowl memories ever.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2012, 09:09:26 PM »
Lulz at the anti Petrino crowd STILL talking about Petrino. Drink a beer, get laid, something. We have a coach now. The HC search - It's over.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2012, 02:04:43 PM »
Lulz at the anti Petrino crowd STILL talking about Petrino. Drink a beer, get laid, something. We have a coach now. The HC search - It's over.
I'm shooting for the lay... but I also know we could write down 60 + wins in 7 years with BMFP given a comparable defense of the one he had at Arkansas with Auburnlike talent. But as you indicate GH, it's over.
We have a new regime and we expect it to deliver real results by year two.
What are real results?
Splitting with our main rivals or being just on the cusp of beating their asses.
Georgia is the target, for if we can beat UGA we can generally compete for the top spot in the SEC West. It's always been that way but most lose sight because of our instate rival.
We beat Georgia, and we compete in Atlanta, at least half of the time.
Dye knew that 50% was as good as we could hope for with Bama and I still belive that to be true.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions