Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Trooper Not Coming Back

Trooper Not Coming Back
« on: December 07, 2012, 10:44:47 AM »
Jay G. Tate ‏@JayGTate
Trooper Taylor will not be retained by new coach Gus Malzahn.

I'm really starting to get excited about Auburn football again.  Not sure why.  I guess I just feel like Malzahn is changing the culture back to something more "Auburn" like. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Re: Trooper Not Coming Back
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 10:47:22 AM »
Buh Bye Trooper

@JayGTate
Trooper Taylor will not be retained by new coach Gus Malzahn.

Yep. Still true.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 10:48:16 AM »
Start a new thread about it.  I can't keep up with breaking news amidst movie quotes and toilet jokes. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 10:50:07 AM »
I'm really starting to get excited about Auburn football again.  Not sure why.  I guess I just feel like Malzahn is changing the culture back to something more "Auburn" like.
At the very least, he's going to live and/or die doing it with his people, and his way.  Got to admire that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 10:51:35 AM »
something more "Auburn" like.

I'd settle for something more "football" like, but I agree.

Malzahn is shaking the whole program and cleaning house.  I have no doubt he saw the issues that were plaguing the Chizik regime, and had thoughts on how to remedy them but lacked authority to do so.

Gus has been a winner at every level when he is the head man.  He wasn't my first choice, but I think we're going to be alright.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 10:53:20 AM »
At the very least, he's going to live and/or die doing it with his people, and his way.  Got to admire that.

That.

And I think my true feelings about Trooper Taylor and most of Chizik's philosophies are starting to show. 

I don't like the showboating.  I don't like the buddy-buddy system.  I don't like that our recruiting was based primarily on coach-relationships and how "cool" things were. 

I remember a WR recruit a few years ago making a comment about how he didn't like Alabama because they were all business like and didn't seem to be having any fun.  He then praised Auburn because they encouraged him to enjoy himself while also working hard to be a football player. 

Forget that noise.  The program of "swag" didn't work.  It led to a 3-9 abortion of a football season.  I'm ready for adults to be running the show. 

I think we're going to get that with Gus. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2012, 10:53:57 AM »

Malzahn is shaking the whole program and cleaning house.  I have no doubt he saw the issues that were plaguing the Chizik regime, and had thoughts on how to remedy them but lacked authority to do so.

Gus has been a winner at every level when he is the head man.  He wasn't my first choice, but I think we're going to be alright.

I agree with this guy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2012, 10:55:59 AM »

THIS. All of it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2012, 11:01:28 AM »
That.

And I think my true feelings about Trooper Taylor and most of Chizik's philosophies are starting to show. 

I don't like the showboating.  I don't like the buddy-buddy system.  I don't like that our recruiting was based primarily on coach-relationships and how "cool" things were. 

I remember a WR recruit a few years ago making a comment about how he didn't like Alabama because they were all business like and didn't seem to be having any fun.  He then praised Auburn because they encouraged him to enjoy himself while also working hard to be a football player. 

Forget that noise.  The program of "swag" didn't work.  It led to a 3-9 abortion of a football season.  I'm ready for adults to be running the show. 

You just don't like backwards hats...racist!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2012, 11:35:34 AM »
That.

You hit the nail on the head.  I remember the quote that you're talking about, because a few other recruits said the same thing not too long after that.  I made the comment that if it works for AU great, but I had a feeling that it may bite you guys in the ass down the road.  I would take a guy who knows he's going to bust ass and not have any "fun" over the guy who just wants to have fun.

In that sense, I think that the dismissal of Taylor also sends an important message to the recruits.  "Anything you knew to be under Chizik is gone.  It's time to play football."  Malzahn is killing it right now, and he's not even having to really rely on "splash" type hires, or hot new to the scene coaches to do it.  He's not doing anything flashy, and he's not being an attention whore.  He's simply making solid, rational, adult decisions.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2012, 11:41:32 AM »
You hit the nail on the head.  I remember the quote that you're talking about, because a few other recruits said the same thing not too long after that.  I made the comment that if it works for AU great, but I had a feeling that it may bite you guys in the ass down the road.  I would take a guy who knows he's going to bust ass and not have any "fun" over the guy who just wants to have fun.

In that sense, I think that the dismissal of Taylor also sends an important message to the recruits.  "Anything you knew to be under Chizik is gone.  It's time to play football."  Malzahn is killing it right now, and he's not even having to really rely on "splash" type hires, or hot new to the scene coaches to do it.  He's not doing anything flashy, and he's not being an attention whore.  He's simply making solid, rational, adult decisions.

As soon as they finish the neon-metallic paint job and half naked women pics on the Gus Bus, they're loading up and hitting the recruiting trail.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2012, 11:57:15 AM »
As soon as they finish the neon-metallic paint job and half naked women pics on the Gus Bus, they're loading up and hitting the recruiting trail.
Which half?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

noxin

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2012, 12:18:01 PM »
Pour out a 40 for my nurra
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2012, 12:48:28 PM »
There's a thread for it in Signing Day but just so you all know.

@ChadSimmons_: 5-star LB Reuben Foster has decommitted from #Auburn and he has opened his recruitment back up. #Georgia #LSU #Miami #Washington"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

HSVBeerNerd

• "Who the $%!# made me an engineer??"
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2012, 01:05:12 PM »

@ChadSimmons_: 5-star LB Reuben Foster has decommitted from #Auburn and he has opened his recruitment back up. #Georgia #LSU #Miami #Washington"

Well I'm sure he can get his tattoo corrected to reflect his new school..
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Friends don't let friends buy Pat Dye's undergarments on Ebay...

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2012, 01:10:40 PM »

The mass exodus begins. Why in the hell do you bring news like this on a Friday TheSix? Dammit son.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

noxin

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2012, 01:12:46 PM »
Apparently Trooper is the only one who knows the PIN number of the ATM card
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2012, 01:15:51 PM »
Well I'm sure he can get his tattoo corrected to reflect his new school..

It was a henna anyway
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2012, 01:39:17 PM »

I hear ya but why not keep Troop? At least for another year would of been smart I feel. I do not understand why Foster would bail due to Troops firing because you go to play ball and get a degree. But losing the #1 LB in the country would had been well worth paying Troop   another year IMO. I support Malzahn but losing Foster is a heavy price to pay. Our D needed a stud not only to make such a impact to compliment Malzahn's high octane offense but other recruits were following suit. A warning was given not to fire Troop. Do I agree with players using Troop as a demand? No I dont! But play the cards you're dealt. The recruits used Troop against Auburn and thats wrong! So what was so wrong in keeping Troop at least long enough to sign a once great recruiting class......wait til next year and then fire him? I just dont get the logic? If Auburn football wasnt so important to me then this wouldnt bother me. But Im pissed off to no living end to see the #1 LB drop off our board.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2012, 01:41:19 PM »
I hear ya but why not keep Troop? At least for another year would of been smart I feel. I do not understand why Foster would bail due to Troops firing because you go to play ball and get a degree. But losing the #1 LB in the country would had been well worth paying Troop   another year IMO. I support Malzahn but losing Foster is a heavy price to pay. Our D needed a stud not only to make such a impact to compliment Malzahn's high octane offense but other recruits were following suit. A warning was given not to fire Troop. Do I agree with players using Troop as a demand? No I dont! But play the cards you're dealt. The recruits used Troop against Auburn and thats wrong! So what was so wrong in keeping Troop at least long enough to sign a once great recruiting class......wait til next year and then fire him? I just dont get the logic? If Auburn football wasnt so important to me then this wouldnt bother me. But Im pissed off to no living end to see the #1 LB drop off our board.

Let me guess.  You aren't a boss. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions