Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Trooper Not Coming Back

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Re: Trooper Not Coming Back
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2012, 01:50:57 PM »
Malzahn knew what would happen if he let Trooper go, and he didn't care.  He knew that he had to do it to secure the future, and to get shit back on track.  He had the nuts to make a tough decision, and I think that it will pay off down the road.

Malzahn is already showing that he is more of a head coach than Chizik imo. 

As far as where Foster ends up, I think that it will be UGA.  Or I guess, according to him, wherever Taylor goes.  Just hard to imagine a guy being that attached to an assistant.  In that regard, I don't think that I would want him at Alabama.  Really talented kid, but I just don't know about his work ethic.  If he is that dedicated to somebody associated to the aloofness that was Chizik's regime, how hard is he going to work?  He could be a monster in Johnson's scheme, or anybody's for that matter.  But he has his head too far up Trooper's ass to realize it.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 02:00:02 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2012, 02:04:21 PM »
Let me guess.  You aren't a boss.

Let me guss. You aren't a smartass!
Throw darts elsewhere. You dont have to agree with what I or anyone says. Its called free will.

By the way....you keep messing up my order. Damn it I never get my fries when I order my Big Mac combo. Get it right dude.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2012, 02:07:47 PM »
Throw darts elsewhere. You dont have to agree with what I or anyone says. Its called free will.

By the way....you keep messing up my order. Damn it I never get my fries when I order my Big Mac combo. Get it right dude.

OOOOOOOOO. THS done got his fries burnded!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

RWS

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2012, 02:12:24 PM »
I hear ya but why not keep Troop? At least for another year would of been smart I feel. I do not understand why Foster would bail due to Troops firing because you go to play ball and get a degree. But losing the #1 LB in the country would had been well worth paying Troop   another year IMO. I support Malzahn but losing Foster is a heavy price to pay. Our D needed a stud not only to make such a impact to compliment Malzahn's high octane offense but other recruits were following suit. A warning was given not to fire Troop. Do I agree with players using Troop as a demand? No I dont! But play the cards you're dealt. The recruits used Troop against Auburn and thats wrong! So what was so wrong in keeping Troop at least long enough to sign a once great recruiting class......wait til next year and then fire him? I just dont get the logic? If Auburn football wasnt so important to me then this wouldnt bother me. But Im pissed off to no living end to see the #1 LB drop off our board.
Malzahn doesn't need Trooper to pull in some good recruits.  He has a solid staff on hand.  IMO, if the guy is there ONLY due to the fact that an assistant who isn't even his position coach is there, you probably aren't going to get everything out of somebody like that on the field. 

But, I'll humor you for a minute.  Malzahn keeps Trooper and brings on these guys who are here ONLY because of him.  Trooper was the deal breaker.  So, now you're going to get rid of him a year after they're on campus.  How well do you think that is going to work out?  Then it's a "Malzahn is a dick and tricked them" type deal.  Then the guys that committed only because of Trooper are pissed. etc, etc.  It will be a domino effect, and other programs will use it as an angle against Auburn. 

Rip the band aid off now, and do the right thing.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 02:14:19 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2012, 02:13:14 PM »

Let him GUSS!  LET HIM GUSS!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

noxin

« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2012, 02:18:41 PM »
He had the nuts to make a tough decision, and I think that it will pay off down the road.

So you're saying we just need to be patient?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2012, 02:26:07 PM »
So you're saying we just need to be patient?
Malzahn is going to win some games.  Just the fact of how he has handled hiring his new staff, and disposing of the old has me convinced that he has what it takes to be a good head coach.  He is running the show.  Honestly, I think that you guys will see alot of improvement as early as next season.  As an Alabama fan it hurts a little to say that, because I like it when Alabama beats Auburn.  But I don't mind some competition, and I don't mind AU being a good team.

The decisions he is making now tells me that he is more worried about AU in the long run rather than the right now.  When you read the article from like a month ago where AU players are talking about some just don't have their hearts and heads in the right places, you realize they are talking about recruits like Foster.  IMO, guys like him are what led to the downfall of the program.  Addition by subtraction to an extent.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

HSVBeerNerd

• "Who the $%!# made me an engineer??"
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2012, 02:48:29 PM »
I'd rather get lesser talent that will be developed than get 5 star talent that would've never been developed under the old regime.

If a LB is making his decisions on being the best friend of a WR coach at whatever school he goes to, then w/e. Dude's displaying shitty attitude whenever he talks to the press, regardless of how many stars rivals gives him. I want more quality players for Auburn, and fewer douche rockets that end up benched for discipline issues.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Friends don't let friends buy Pat Dye's undergarments on Ebay...

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2012, 02:57:22 PM »

Mager smack Ermah Gerd.....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2012, 03:15:08 PM »
Mager smack Ermah Gerd.....

Ermah Gerd, he erdered Frernch frehrs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2012, 05:28:39 PM »

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole