Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

And the first person to interview for the Auburn job...

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
And the first person to interview for the Auburn job...
« on: November 28, 2012, 08:45:10 PM »
According to AL.com anyway, Charlie Strong  :facepalm:  #FML

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2012/11/auburn_interviews_louisville_c.html#incart_river

AUBURN, Alabama – Auburn has interviewed Louisville head coach Charlie Strong in one of its first moves to find a replacement for Gene Chizik.

The interview took place in the last two days, al.com has learned, according to someone familiar with the process. Strong has a 23-15 record the last three seasons at Louisville, including a 9-2 record this season. He was an assistant coach in the SEC for 20 years, including stints as the defensive coordinator at Florida and South Carolina.

Strong, who is 52, was Florida's defensive coordinator from 2003-09 and South Carolina's defensive coordinator from 1999-2001. He coached at Florida four different times, first as a graduate assistant, then a linebackers coach and then as assistant head coach and defensive tackle coach from 1991-94. He also coached wide receivers at Ole Miss in 1990. His other full-time coaching jobs included Notre Dame and Southern Illinois. Auburn has been in the market for a new coach since firing Chizik on Sunday following a 3-9 season. The university remains interested in three former Auburn assistants: Arkansas coach Bobby Petrino, Florida State coach Jimbo Fisher and Arkansas State coach Gus Malzahn, as well as TCU coach Gary Patterson and Alabama defensive coordinator Kirby Smart.

Athletics Director Jay Jacobs said last Sunday that the search committee is composed of himself, Bo Jackson, Pat Sullivan and Mac Crawford. Another candidate being considered is Boise State coach Chris Petersen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
Re: And the first person to interview for the Auburn job...
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 08:53:52 PM »
 :charles:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

oldautiger

• Resident Old Fart
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 09:13:07 PM »
If JJ and the PTB have their way, then Mortimer Sneard from the East Bumfuck School of Fashion is next on the list.  Interview Petrino NOW you dumb mother fuckers
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard, grow big, wear glasses of you need 'em." - Webb Wilder

"Auburn is no Harvard, M.I.T. or Alabama - Thank GOD for small favors" - Anonymous

I can't recommend sex, drugs and rock 'n roll to everybody, but they've worked for me. - Me

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 09:14:22 PM »
I see nothing wrong with interviewing Charlie Strong. It is like 2012 and shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 09:45:41 PM »
I see nothing wrong with interviewing Charlie Strong. It is like 2012 and shit.
Reports is now that Strong had "talks" with Auburn and he is denying an interview. No shit right after it broke Pete Thamel and Pat forde called CS. Looks like that bag of dicks will be all over AU's coaching search.

Anyway, as for Strong, the only thing that is discouraging for me is he is a defensive guru and guess what? His D gave up close to 25 ppg this year. In the fucking Big East. In his fucking 3rd year there. Remind you of anyone we just fired?

Btw, gotta be awesome for potential candidates to know that just having conversations with Auburn will be leaked in less than 24 hours. My true hope now is that JJ fucks this the thing up so bad the only choice he has left is BMFP. It would be about the only way these dipshits get it right.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 09:50:52 PM »
Btw, gotta be awesome for potential candidates to know that just having conversations with Auburn will be leaked in less than 24 hours. My true hope now is that JJ fucks this the thing up so bad the only choice he has left is BMFP. It would be about the only way these dipshits get it right.

That dumb motherfucker wouldn't luck out like that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 09:54:07 PM »
Reports is now that Strong had "talks" with Auburn and he is denying an interview. No shit right after it broke Pete Thamel and Pat forde called CS. Looks like that bag of dicks will be all over AU's coaching search.

Anyway, as for Strong, the only thing that is discouraging for me is he is a defensive guru and guess what? His D gave up close to 25 ppg this year. In the fucking Big East. In his fucking 3rd year there. Remind you of anyone we just fired?

It would not surprise me that they diddle around let everybody else hire who they want, BMFP ends up in Tenn and we go after Coach Mcdouchnozzle and claim we got who we were after. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2012, 09:59:15 PM »

Btw, gotta be awesome for potential candidates to know that just having conversations Iwith Auburn will be leaked in less than 24 hours. My true hope now is that JJ fucks this the thing up so bad the only choice he has left is BMFP. It would be about the only way these dipshits get it right.
Yup. Forde & Thamel are douching hard on twitter.

Basically calling Auburn liars.

Unreal.

All out of fucks to give.

@SIPeteThamel: Just spoke to Charlie Strong. He's angry. He says he did not interview at Auburn and has not spoken to them. "It's not true."
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 10:03:30 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2012, 10:12:14 PM »
Well, at least we gave one African American a go at it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2012, 10:13:27 PM »
I don't get the angle Thamel and crew are taking.  Wouldn't it be better for their agenda for Auburn to be interviewing black head coaches and then hiring a white guy?

Unless they're hoping to write articles that slam Auburn for not even interviewing black candidates.  Maybe try to bring up some kind of legal issue with AU for not reaching out to minority coaches. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2012, 10:13:58 PM »
And by the way - Charlie Strong is not a facepalm candidate by any means.  Not first choice, but I wouldn't complain about him. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2012, 10:16:19 PM »
Welp...
 :oh:
No interview with Charlie Strong (updated 9:10 p.m.)
Phillip Marshall
We are getting conflicting information on what took place with Auburn and Louisville coach Charlie Strong. It might have been, we are now told, a search firm that reached out. The bottom line is that there was no interview. Athletics director Jay Jacobs has not talked to Strong at all. Strong is on Auburn's list of candidates.
Beyond that, there is nothing we can say for certain.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2012, 10:20:26 PM »
I can just picture Thamel's handling of this story:

"Hey Coach Strong.  We're reading right now that you interviewed with Auburn."
"Really?  Who's reporting that?"
"AL.com.  Is it true?"
"Oh no.  Not yet at least.  It's not true."
"How do you feel about a website posting information like that?"
"Well, I don't really like it.  It does upset me because I have to talk to my players about rumors and allegations.  But you know, it's part of the game."
"Thanks, coach."

Twitter - Coach Strong has NOT talked to Auburn!  Auburn is lying!  Coach Strong is ANGRY!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2012, 10:21:29 PM »
What is their fucking problem with Auburn?   You would fucking think Aubie raped Thamel's mother.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2012, 10:23:21 PM »
And by the way - Charlie Strong is not a facepalm candidate by any means.  Not first choice, but I wouldn't complain about him.
Sorry man but if Auburn's first contact is with a guy who is 23-14, had one good year out of 3, defense (which is his area of expertise) looks like shit, and has never beaten a top 25 team in 3 years ....... Then yeah I'm gonna be  :facepalm:  all day
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2012, 10:23:46 PM »
Don't jump on Thamel yet.  Looks like it's Forde who started this shit. The cronies are just running with it.

Pat Forde ‏@YahooForde
Charlie Strong, just now: "I didn't interview with Auburn, I have a job."

Pat Forde ‏@YahooForde
The Strong quote regarding Auburn was direct and to me, in a 30-second phone conversation. React to it as you wish.

React to it as you wish?  Fuck you, Forde. Report it how it is. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2012, 08:09:23 AM »
@JohnCarvalhoAU: @AUGoldMine is reliable and thorough; @SIPeteThamel is obsessed with discrediting #Auburn. I'm thinking Strong interviewed.

@JohnCarvalhoAU: @ElliottJLynn I think Strong is (hate to use the word) lying, with a big game tomorrow. @SIPeteThamel was a willing vehicle.

@JohnCarvalhoAU: @ElliottJLynn I think Strong is (hate to use the word) lying, with a big game tomorrow. @SIPeteThamel was a willing vehicle.

@JohnCarvalhoAU: @MorningVent And Thamel's recent stunt where he fed Delany (B1G) an Auburn slam question was clumsy and obvious.

@JohnCarvalhoAU: Check out the next to last paragraph, @MorningVent. You think Delany said that on his own. http://t.co/4VxWrV4p
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2012, 08:15:55 AM »
How does Pete Thamel still have a job? Or sources related to Auburn? After all he's done to try and literally close the university, I'm surprised anyone would talk to him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2012, 08:17:05 AM »
How does Pete Thamel still have a job? Or sources related to Auburn? After all he's done to try and literally close the university, I'm surprised anyone would talk to him.
I'm positive he has zero sources at Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2012, 08:17:57 AM »
I'm positive he has zero sources at Auburn.

Chad, what's his hard on with being anti-Auburn? Do you know when and where it started?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg