Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Scarbinsky: Petrino the Elephant in the Room

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
Re: Scarbinsky: Petrino the Elephant in the Room
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2012, 01:52:50 PM »
All of which points to another problem.  Everybody thinks that the best thing that could happen is Jacobs to not be involved, Jackson to take a hike, and the PTB to not interfere.  But if we hire Petrino prudence demands a lot of oversight on off the field issues.  That kind of thing can quickly turn into oversight of on the field issues which nobody (except the people interfering) want.

Then give him a dedicated contract compliance person - some independent auditor, an outsider, employed by the University, not the AD.  Or heck - just plan for quarterly or even monthly audits of some kind.

Tim SLeezeball Jackson IS the problem.  Jay Fuckstick Jacobs IS the problem.  Giving them that kind of control again is like letting the fox guard the henhouse.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2012, 02:01:50 PM »
Then give him a dedicated contract compliance person - some independent auditor, an outsider, employed by the University, not the AD. 

I'll do it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2012, 02:06:33 PM »
All of which points to another problem.  Everybody thinks that the best thing that could happen is Jacobs to not be involved, Jackson to take a hike, and the PTB to not interfere. But if we hire Petrino prudence demands a lot of oversight on off the field issues.  That kind of thing can quickly turn into oversight of on the field issues which nobody (except the people interfering) want.
This is a very, very good point. The motorcycle wreck makes him more controllable. I would hope that he is still brash enough (and I think he's still gots the brashness) to not be influenced any "on the field".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2012, 02:19:31 PM »
All of which points to another problem.  Everybody thinks that the best thing that could happen is Jacobs to not be involved, Jackson to take a hike, and the PTB to not interfere.  But if we hire Petrino prudence demands a lot of oversight on off the field issues.  That kind of thing can quickly turn into oversight of on the field issues which nobody (except the people interfering) want.
Fuck Prudence she shouldn't be demanding a gorram thing.  She was a bitch in HS and still is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2012, 02:24:56 PM »
I'll do it.
I'm pretty sure this job has already been filled. I don't know for sure but I'm betting she's blonde and has big tits. I think I read that her name is Prudence.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2012, 02:30:43 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2012, 02:58:27 PM »
He won't have total and unconditional hiring authority - there will be at least one person that is not in the AD that will have to vett any non-coaching hires he makes. 

Why the fuck was the guy in charge of/allowed to hire anyone that wasn't directly related to football performance anyway?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2012, 03:11:08 PM »
Why the fuck was the guy in charge of/allowed to hire anyone that wasn't directly related to football performance anyway?

Cause he didn't go there to paint.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

wesfau2

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2012, 03:16:33 PM »

Cause he didn't go there to paint.

I'ma paint his town red...then paint his wife white!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2012, 03:18:35 PM »
That contract will be written tighter than a Chihuahua's asshole.

If I were writing it...

The strictest morals clause in the history of morals clauses.  BMFP won't be able to fart in the general direction of anything female that is not his wife. 

He won't have total and unconditional hiring authority - there will be at least one person that is not in the AD that will have to vett any hires he makes. 

Any violations of employment law will be grounds for termination and probably some nasty penalties. 

The carrot would be financial incentives for running a clean program( NCAA-wise as well as AUPD-wise), a decrease in off field player shenanigans, keeping his own personal house in order and out of the media, and winning some GOTDANG football games.

See, that's the right idea. This can be done! We can ironclad this fucker right now. We have the leverage here. Use it and get a damn good fb coach while we're at it. We KNOW he will win games. If we can keep his ding dong under control, this could be a great arrangement. (yes that was a softball so makes some jokes)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 03:20:50 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2012, 03:22:53 PM »
I'ma paint his town red...then paint his wife white!

'Cause chaos Rock like Amedeus
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2012, 03:23:03 PM »
See, that's right idea. When can ironclad this fudgeer right now. We have the leverage here. Use it and get a damn good fb coach while we're at it. We KNOW he will win games. If we can keep his ding dong under control, this could be a great arrangement. (yes that was a softball so makes some jokes)

It doesn't matter if we hired Bobby Parcellombardi, the ding dongs that are in control now will screw it up somehow..

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2012, 03:24:11 PM »
It doesn't matter if we hired Bobby Parcellombardi, the ding dongs that are in control now will screw it up somehow..

That I can't disagree with you on. Murphy's law and all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2012, 03:26:10 PM »
'Cause chaos Rock like Amedeus

Got LV pussy for my ATL playa!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Alajambama

« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2012, 04:37:58 PM »
Here is why I think you guys will hire Petrino. This country loves a second chance story (See Michael Vick). You guys seem to be willing to give Petrino that second chance. Any good PR person could sell the media a great story of how Petrino is the perfect fit for Auburn, and why Auburn is the perfect fit for him. I actually think he would be successful. He would be an idiot if it is offered and he turns it down, and Jacobs is an idiot if he doesn't make the offer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2012, 05:12:25 PM »
Here is why I think you guys will hire Petrino. This country loves a second chance story (See Michael Vick). You guys seem to be willing to give Petrino that second chance. Any good PR person could sell the media a great story of how Petrino is the perfect fit for Auburn, and why Auburn is the perfect fit for him. I actually think he would be successful. He would be an idiot if it is offered and he turns it down, and Jacobs is an idiot if he doesn't make the offer.

Those who object to BMFP, and honestly I'm on the fence, are worried about several things with his hire.  First, and this can't really be overlooked, is the media firestorm from those who already go out of their way to find ways to rip this program.  Big deal?  Not on the surface.  We're about used to it.  But as I think AUTailgating alluded to a couple of days back...don't think for a minute that they won't start digging  to find every piece of dirt they can find on BP, just because he signed on with Auburn.  Did he have any other affairs?  Probably not the man's first rodeo.  Would pics surface?  Would he become our Mike Pirce?

Second, and something that doesn't bother me as much, is his history of leaving for greener pastures and the way he did it...or tried to do it.  (JetGate).  If I knew we'd get through the initial media shitstorm without anything else coming up, I'd hire him in a second.  So much unknown about how it would all play out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2012, 05:13:19 PM »
Welcome and Fuck you

Apparently you aren't familiar with our AD?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2012, 05:15:09 PM »
Those who object to BMFP, and honestly I'm on the fence, are worried about several things with his hire.  First, and this can't really be overlooked, is the media firestorm from those who already go out of their way to find ways to rip this program.  Big deal?  Not on the surface.  We're about used to it.  But as I think AUTailgating alluded to a couple of days back...don't think for a minute that they won't start digging  to find every piece of dirt they can find on BP, just because he signed on with Auburn.  Did he have any other affairs?  Probably not the man's first rodeo.  Would pics surface?  Would he become our Mike Pirce?

Second, and something that doesn't bother me as much, is his history of leaving for greener pastures and the way he did it...or tried to do it.  (JetGate).  If I knew we'd get through the initial media shitstorm without anything else coming up, I'd hire him in a second.  So much unknown about how it would all play out.
I'm with you...however I am so afraid that we end up with Willie Malzahn....that I would take Petrino in a heartbeat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2012, 05:19:26 PM »

Protection clauses. Simple as that.

We are in a position of leverage to put protection clauses in that would otherwise seem unreasonable.

Is Jacobs smart enough to actually use that leverage?

Wish I could say for certain.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2012, 05:25:36 PM »
Protection clauses. Simple as that.

We are in a position of leverage to put protection clauses in that would otherwise seem unreasonable.

Is Jacobs smart enough to actually use that leverage?

Wish I could say for certain.
I don't know if Jacobs is smart enough not to piss on his own shoe.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum