Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Two side comments from Media Days on Wednesday that made me Smile and ask WTF.

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
First, this little snippet makes me feel good inside.

Auburn got Jackson's attention

LSU's Tyson Jackson, considred by some the SEC's top defensive lineman going into the season, was asked Wednesday who was the most physical team he played against last year. He didn't hesitate.

"No quetion about it," Jackson said. "It was Auburn."

Then, this gem from Urban Meyer makes me question his intelligence.

Meyer says it's not rocket science

Putting together a winning football team, Florida coach Urban Meyer said isn't really complicated.

It starts with leadership, Meyer said. And, of course, there is a need for talent.

"It's really not much more complicated than that," Meyer said. "You mix in a few 40 times, vertical jumps, guys that bench press very well. That's how you put a good team together."

Well shit, if its that easy I want to coach...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
Urban made it known once more that he didn't really care a lot for the endzone celebration by thUGA.

The coaches seem to be a little more prickly this year than in the past. An air of tension hangs over the Winfrey.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
Urban made it known once more that he didn't really care a lot for the endzone celebration by thUGA.

The coaches seem to be a little more prickly this year than in the past. An air of tension hangs over the Winfrey.
Prickly as in how?  Prickly as in being served subpoenas by dumbass redneck bammers?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa

Jim Rome had a piece about Urban's blasting of Richt in his new book.  I was at lunch and missed the actual info, but the teaser made it sound like Urban had some serious beef with Richt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Oh boy, this is great.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

That's funny, I thought he might have mentioned my hogs, seeing as how him and his buddies gave up 385 rushing yards in a losing effort.  I guess instead of being physical, our offensive line just asked them to move politely.

BTW -  Birdman, were you trying to quote Flounder from the end of Animal House  (oh boy, this is great!), or was it just a coincidence?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Urban needs to eat an extra-large bowl of dick and shut the hell up...he's a smarmy bastage and I hope Georgia (and several other teams) kick the reptile piss out of them repeatedly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"If you're looking for sympathy, it's in the dictionary between shit and syphilis."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
That's funny, I thought he might have mentioned my hogs, seeing as how him and his buddies gave up 385 rushing yards in a losing effort.  I guess instead of being physical, our offensive line just asked them to move politely.

BTW -  Birdman, were you trying to quote Flounder from the end of Animal House  (oh boy, this is great!), or was it just a coincidence?

Could I have 10,000 marbles please?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Ogre

Could I have 10,000 marbles please?

Now that you mention it, Birdman has always reminded me of Dorfman, only fatter.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Two things that made me smirk were of course Miles's comments on every team from Louisiana beating bama, and then I also heard on the radio some Florida QB from the Spurrier days (I can't remember who) being asked what he thought about the 10 arrests this year at Alabama, and he asked, "Does that count Kenny Stabler, or is that on top of the ten?"
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 11:25:53 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Now that you mention it, Birdman has always reminded me of Dorfman, only fatter.

I'm a legacy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Six

I'm a legacy.

Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman, damn glad to meet you. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman, damn glad to meet you. 

That was Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman, he's damned glad to meet you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Aubie16

Tyson Jackson (LSU D-Lineman) also had this to say:

“Besides Auburn, I think our offensive line might be the best in the country right now."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

wesfau2

Tyson Jackson (LSU D-Lineman) also had this to say:

“Besides Auburn, I think our offensive line might be the best in the country right now."

Strong to very strong.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.

Someone made a side comment about Arkansaas yesterday, which was pretty good.  I'm going to try to find it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
Jim Rome had a piece about Urban's blasting of Richt in his new book.  I was at lunch and missed the actual info, but the teaser made it sound like Urban had some serious beef with Richt.
Took a while to find someone that wrote about it. The b'ham media were too preoccupied with shoving their collective heads up sabeargod's ass.

Gators, Meyer still miffed by UGA's celebration

Florida coach says neither he nor team will forget 'big deal'

By CHIP TOWERS
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 07/24/08

Hoover, Ala. — In his new book, "Urban's Way," Florida coach Urban Meyer makes it clear that Georgia's excessive celebration following its opening touchdown last season was a "big deal" and something that he will remember "forever."

"That wasn't right. It was a bad deal," Meyer says in the book, which is scheduled for a September release. "And it will forever be in the mind of Urban Meyer and in the mind of our football team. ... So we'll handle it. And it's going to be a big deal."

Football Media Days what.

"It was uncalled for," he said. "First of all it's against the rules. If you really look at it, some players could have been thrown out the game for leaving the bench.

"As for the impact on the game ... I understand the motivation of it. It was a big deal. It was just a big deal."

Quarterback Tim Tebow was asked how that episode might impact this year's game, scheduled for Nov. 1 in Jacksonville. Both teams have received first-place votes in preseason polls.

"I think it will definitely intensify it that much more," Tebow said. "I think it will be a very big game, to say the least. It could be two of the best teams in the country playing for the right to play in the SEC championship and maybe for the national championship. They're a huge rival of ours, and I think that just increased that much more this past year. I think that will inspire us that much more.

"As far the touchdown dance in the end zone, it didn't do anything but fire me up. I wasn't upset or anything. It was a good call by Coach [Mark] Richt because that changed their season. It gave their players a spark and some energy and something to be passionate about. Whether it was right or wrong is not up to me to say. Good for them."

http://www.ajc.com/news/content/sports/uga/stories/2008/07/23/Gators_still_angry_at_UGA_celebration.html
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."