Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

I Feel Better

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
I Feel Better
« on: November 15, 2012, 04:49:35 PM »
copyfuckthispasta al.com

AUBURN, Alabama – Jay Jacobs remains a key player on whether Gene Chizik will remain Auburn's football coach, according to people familiar with the decision-making process, who say university president Jay Gogue will strongly consider his athletics director's recommendation.  Jacobs will make his recommendation after the season to Gogue, who will decide whether to keep Chizik, the coach who won the national championship two years ago but is struggling with a 2-8 record this season.

Gogue defended Jacobs at a recent university event, said someone familiar with the meeting, though some Auburn fans have shown their displeasure with the athletic department and key athletic personnel on Internet message boards. Fans have voted on the football program this way: Auburn will not sell out any of its seven home games this season. Auburn finished seventh among SEC athletic programs in the Directors' Cup in the most recent full-year national measure of athletic success.

Jacobs hired Chizik in December of 2008 and showed his support again in 2010 when he approved a contract for Chizik that included a $10 million buyout. That buyout will drop to $7.5 million on Dec. 1.

The university's Board of Trustees will meet Friday morning in Auburn in a regularly-scheduled meeting in which both Gogue and Jacobs will attend. Jacobs is scheduled to address a proposed renovation of baseball's Plainsman Park. Football is not on the agenda. 

Auburn, suffering through its worst season in 60 years and with an 0-7 SEC record that matches the worst in school history, has games remaining against Alabama A&M, on Saturday in Jordan-Hare Stadium, and at Alabama on Nov. 24.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: I Feel Better
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 04:50:46 PM »
Whew!  I feel certain that he will fall on his own sword.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.