Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

AU Undercover: Gogue Prepares for Coaching Changes

Re: AU Undercover: Gouge Prepares for Coaching Changes
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2012, 05:42:25 PM »
pleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohplease let this be true.

No kidding.  If Shawn Watson is the alternative, I'll personally pay for Petrino's hookers while he's at Auburn. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2012, 05:44:02 PM »
No kidding.  If Shawn Watson is the alternative, I'll personally pay for Petrino's hookers while he's at Auburn.
Amen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2012, 05:44:19 PM »

I will buy his new Harley.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Re: AU Undercover: Gogue Prepares for Coaching Changes
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2012, 06:25:34 PM »
PMarsh telling errbody to chill. He wrotw what he could confim and that Watson was a name mentioned by the Pres. And only that.

He also says there is no power struggle at AU and things could change.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2012, 06:55:18 PM »
http://auburn.247sports.com/

Heard Ronnie Sanders on Finebaum talking about this.

Jacobs would be retained, Jackson reassigned, and one of the alleged top candidates is Shawn Watson.

Who is Shawn Watson?

The OC at Louisville.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shawn_Watson
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2012, 07:01:13 PM »
PMarsh telling errbody to chill. He wrotw what he could confim and that Watson was a name mentioned by the Pres. And only that.

He also says there is no power struggle at AU and things could change.
Embarrassed for Auburn and Shawn Watson, whomever the hell he is.
Now we look out of touch on top of being inept.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2012, 07:05:48 PM »

^This^

Btw, Auburn won't be hiring Shane Watson as the new HC...go ahead and take that to the bank. I'm not sure who it'll be, no one does, but I know who it won't be...won't be Watson.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2012, 07:11:00 PM »
^This^

Btw, Auburn won't be hiring Shane Watson as the new HC...go ahead and take that to the bank. I'm not sure who it'll be, no one does, but I know who it won't be...won't be Watson.
Feel much better now that da skreetz have spoken.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Yoda

« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2012, 07:31:51 PM »
What in the hell is wrong with the people in charge at Auburn?  A lot of successful and intelligent people have graduated from there.  A lot of people with money donate.  How in the hell do we have a system in place this fucked up?  No way should JJ stay and no fucking way we hire some no name coordinator as our head coach.  This good ole boy network that makes up Auburn's board must go.  Do the PTB not give a shit about the school they represent?

I could grab a few of you, take our asses o the Plains and run this shit better than what is in place?  I have never been this disappointed about a football season, team, staff, or system in my life. BIG changes need to be made or our program will be set back for decades.  We will turn into the step child.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A girl's legs are her best friends, but the best of friends must part.
-- Redd Foxx

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2012, 08:10:44 PM »

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2012, 08:45:22 PM »
Feel much better now that da skreetz have spoken.
That being said, I wonder who Coach Watson will hire as his offensive coordinator and what type of offense he'll install next season at Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

JR4AU

« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2012, 08:49:57 PM »
IF Gouge is making this firing happen, and conducting the search for a new HC, is that not a de facto firing of JJ?

Should we hire a security firm to keep Gouge away from the coaching search?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2012, 08:52:57 PM »
What in the hell is wrong with the people in charge at Auburn?  A lot of successful and intelligent people have graduated from there.  A lot of people with money donate.  How in the hell do we have a system in place this fucked up?  No way should JJ stay and no fucking way we hire some no name coordinator as our head coach.  This good ole boy network that makes up Auburn's board must go.  Do the PTB not give a shit about the school they represent?

I could grab a few of you, take our asses o the Plains and run this shit better than what is in place?  I have never been this disappointed about a football season, team, staff, or system in my life. BIG changes need to be made or our program will be set back for decades.  We will turn into the step child.

I'll go back to what I heard Dye say one time.  He said (paraphrasing) "I was interviewed for 3 HC jobs, and each time there wasn't a person in the room that was a football person.  They were Doctors, Lawyers, and Indian Chiefs...administrators and money people."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2012, 08:59:59 PM »
I'll go back to what I heard Dye say one time.  He said (paraphrasing) "I was interviewed for 3 HC jobs, and each time there wasn't a person in the room that was a football person.  They were Doctors, Lawyers, and Indian Chiefs...administrators and money people."
With our luck they will hire Petrino....to do the coaching search.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2012, 09:46:54 PM »
Well our interviewers are ticket booth salesmen and horticulturists.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

eagleair89

• Horny Rabbit
« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2012, 08:02:32 AM »

Dye's memory is not all that good..........as some of those lawyers and doctors were very much "football" people and successful in other endeavors...............

On a side note.......I do enjoy football coaching searches at the collegiate level........all the opinions, maneuverings and statements provide wonderful entertainment.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I, We, They.....The Illuminati

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2012, 08:04:30 AM »
Dye's memory is not all that good..........as some of those lawyers and doctors were very much "football" people and successful in other endeavors...............

On a side note.......I do enjoy football coaching searches at the collegiate level........all the opinions, maneuverings and statements provide wonderful entertainment.

I would imagine he means football people in his eyes.  ie. former coaches or players that played at a high level.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2012, 10:02:08 AM »

Where you been hiding good friend?

I, We, They.....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2012, 10:13:47 AM »

I'll buy the blow.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.