Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Fuck you, Chizik

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Fuck you, Chizik
« on: November 12, 2012, 10:27:04 AM »
If you were half the christian and honorable man that you think you are, you would leave the program today and not take any more money from the school you claim to love.

It is a disgrace to have such a cluster fuck of a program. This place is dead before and after the UGA game and all even Auburn fans can talk about is the aTm win.

Fuck you Jay Jacobs and Dr. Gouge for allowing this shit to continue well beyond it needing to. The only thing I am hoping for now is that we are quietly interviewing candidates and will have a new coach hired within DAYS of letting Chizik go.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: Fuck you, Chizik
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 10:35:18 AM »
If you were half the christian and honorable man that you think you are, you would leave the program today and not take any more money from the school you claim to love.

It is a disgrace to have such a cluster fuck of a program. This place is dead before and after the UGA game and all even Auburn fans can talk about is the aTm win.

Fuck you Jay Jacobs and Dr. Gouge for allowing this shit to continue well beyond it needing to. The only thing I am hoping for now is that we are quietly interviewing candidates and will have a new coach hired within DAYS of letting Chizik go.

did you used to coach golf at a christian high school?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Re: fudge you, Chizik
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 10:38:00 AM »
did you used to coach golf at a christian high school?

That was Huntingdon College. And so what? The Apostle Peter was reputed to have a salty tongue. It happens.

Chizik should leave because he's a this or that is a weak argument. No one - NO ONE - walks away from $7.5 mil. Heck, I wouldn't walk away from $7,500.

It sucks, I agree but it's where we are. Remember the good times, fellas. 2010 will never go away and that is great!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 11:16:38 AM »
That was Huntingdon College. And so what? The Apostle Peter was reputed to have a salty tongue. It happens.

Chizik should leave because he's a this or that is a weak argument. No one - NO ONE - walks away from $7.5 mil. Heck, I wouldn't walk away from $7,500.

It sucks, I agree but it's where we are. Remember the good times, fellas. 2010 will never go away and that is great!
A very Sensible argument.

I don't blame Chizik for taking the money and running (our program into the ground).

I blame Jacobs, and more to the point Gouge for not already completely cleansing this program.

Should have struck while the iron was hot and we were the only team in the market for a homerun hire coach.

Now we're going to be competing with every Tom, Dick, & Harry in college football. Seems like this is going to be a heavy turnover year, with very little exciting options sitting out there.

We waited too long, and now we're gonna end up with some asshole OC from a DII school as our head coach. Someone who will be less appealing than Chizik.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 11:32:13 AM »
I saw a very telling quote from Chizik in an al.com story this morning:

"We haven't changed in four years. We have had three bowl wins and 30 wins in four years. We haven't changed a whole lot on a day-to-day basis,"

That says alot, IMO.  That is somebody that just doesn't get it.  That is somebody who looks at the end result, but doesn't think about how you got to that result.  It's OK if AU won the games they're supposed to, and gets prison raped by all of their rivals.  Not a big deal, because hey, we won at least 6 and can go to a bowl.  It's a pussy mentality.  Chizik has instituted the same mentality that Shula created at Alabama.  Hey, it's OK to lose.  You kids are OK.  Losing is OK.  Group hug!  I hate to bring up Saban, but something he has said before makes me think about this.  Sometimes when he has a total meltdown on a 3rd string player with like 2 minutes left while up by like 100 points, he is asked by media later why he gets so wound up in that situation.  His answer is always that if your players see you stop coaching, they think it is OK to stop doing the things that they are supposed to do, and it breeds a mentality that it is OK to not give your best effort.  When he does it to a player, it is a player that he knows can do better than that. 

Chizik is simply of the mentality that everybody should get a trophy for participation.  He also does not understand that something is very very wrong.  Even very good teams make changes from time to time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 11:42:10 AM »
We waited too long, and now we're gonna end up with some asshole OC from a DII school as our head coach. Someone who will be less appealing than Chizik.

This is exactly what I'm thinking so might as well buckle down for the ride.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2012, 12:11:52 PM »

That says alot, IMO.  That is somebody that just doesn't get it.  That is somebody who looks at the end result, but doesn't think about how you got to that result.  It's OK if AU won the games they're supposed to, and gets prison raped by all of their rivals.  Not a big deal, because hey, we won at least 6 and can go to a bowl.  It's a pussy mentality.  Chizik has instituted the same mentality that Shula created at Alabama.  Hey, it's OK to lose.  You kids are OK.  Losing is OK.  Group hug!  I hate to bring up Saban, but something he has said before makes me think about this.  Sometimes when he has a total meltdown on a 3rd string player with like 2 minutes left while up by like 100 points, he is asked by media later why he gets so wound up in that situation.  His answer is always that if your players see you stop coaching, they think it is OK to stop doing the things that they are supposed to do, and it breeds a mentality that it is OK to not give your best effort.  When he does it to a player, it is a player that he knows can do better than that. 

Chizik is simply of the mentality that everybody should get a trophy for participation.  He also does not understand that something is very very wrong.  Even very good teams make changes from time to time.
I agree.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

JR4AU

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2012, 12:31:06 PM »

It's part of the double edged sword of coaching.  To get good, you must rep things over and over, and have consistency in what you do.  However, when NOTHING is working, you must step back, evaluate, and make changes.  Chiz can't do the second part.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2012, 07:54:18 PM »
Chizik doesn't understand any of y'alls posts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

jmar

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2012, 08:38:05 PM »
It's part of the double edged sword of coaching.  To get good, you must rep things over and over, and have consistency in what you do.  However, when NOTHING is working, you must step back, evaluate, and make changes.  Chiz can't do the second part.
I'm of the opinion that Chizik actually believes that he willed Auburn to a MNC in 2010 and is unbending in his approach to everything since that time. His responses to anything negative are beyond coachspeak really, almost like he's out of touch with reality.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2012, 08:54:16 PM »

:clap:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole