Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Word on da Skreets, regarding the soon to be coaching search...

jmar

Re: Word on da Skreets, regarding the soon to be coaching search...
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2012, 09:54:12 AM »
Not saying it is Sean Payton but I think the Prowler is on the right track.

Judging by what I've read on the net, I believe the coaching search is shaking down like this:

There are several groups with money and each of them has their own guy. One group is wanting Jimbo. Another group wants Petrino. There is another faction that wants to interview Strong and several others. However there is one coach, whose name we don't know, that IS INTERESTED in the job and everyone would be on board with. Supposedly the said coaches name hasn't even been discussed by fans yet and his hire would stun the fanbase in a positive way. Word is we would pay this guy around 7 mil a year and that if hired he would be either be 1or 2 of the top coaches in the SEC and thats including the little one. When it comes to the wow factor, the said hire would be on the same level as when the goat fuckers hired the little one and he isn't just a pipe dream. He is supposedly the #1 candidate and the PTB are determined to make it happen.
Jeff Fisher is more realistic than either Payton or Gruden.    :popcorn:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2012, 10:15:08 AM »
Jeff Fisher is more realistic than either Payton or Gruden.    :popcorn:
I agree with that. While I have no fucking clue who this mystery candidate is, supposedly sent word to Auburn that he would be interested. That right there means 1 of 2 things, the guy is sincerely interested or it someone just trying to squeeze his current team out of more money.

I'll say this though, I'm starting to feel better about Auburn's coaching search. Instead of setteling for a Willie Taggert type, I'm starting to believe we do no worse than either Petrino/Strong/Jimbo. Hopefully if it falls that far Jimbo and Strong turn the job down and Auburn has to "settle" for Petrino.  :wartim: 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2012, 10:19:22 AM »
Coach Leavitt would get the players attention, that's for damn sure...of course he'd be choke slamming the walk-on players, Kickers, Punters and Long Snappers...but it'd definitely get the players attention.

They'd be all, ”#yolo but this mutha fucker crazy, Coach Chapped Lips just choked out the fuckin water boy and we up by 30.”
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2012, 10:22:44 AM »
I agree with that. While I have no fucking clue who this mystery candidate is, supposedly sent word to Auburn that he would be interested. That right there means 1 of 2 things, the guy is sincerely interested or it someone just trying to squeeze his current team out of more money.

I'll say this though, I'm starting to feel better about Auburn's coaching search. Instead of setteling for a Willie Taggert type, I'm starting to believe we do no worse than either Petrino/Strong/Jimbo. Hopefully if it falls that far Jimbo and Strong turn the job down and Auburn has to "settle" for Petrino.  :wartim:

As long as current AD staff is in place-I look for a fuck up more than a move up. :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

jmar

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2012, 10:23:29 AM »

Petrino only saves us about 7-10 loses over 3 years IMO.
Coach Leavitt would get the players attention, that's for damn sure...of course he'd be choke slamming the walk-on players, Kickers, Punters and Long Snappers...but it'd definitely get the players attention.

They'd be all, ”#yolo but this mutha fucker crazy, Coach Chapped Lips just choked out the fuckin water boy and we up by 30.”
I simply don't want anybody that cowtows to anyone.

As long as current AD staff is in place-I look for a fuck up more than a move up. :facepalm:
Agree!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2012, 10:34:52 AM »
LOLz @ this thread!
I can't tell if it's a joke or not. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

JR4AU

« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2012, 10:38:05 AM »

You didn't actually read the thread did you?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2012, 10:41:39 AM »
St. Louis Rams' GM Les Snead for AD and Coach Fisher for HC, and keep Coach VanGorder for DC (eventhough he doesn't know how to coach against the HUNH Spread type teams)...Then someone print up some orange & blue ”Fear The 'Staches” shirts and sell them like hot or cold cakes at A-Day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2012, 10:43:55 AM »

Jacobs will not be the one doing the coaching search...he'll be replaced as well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2012, 10:49:33 AM »
Success!
It's powerful stuff JR.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 10:51:36 AM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2012, 11:04:41 AM »
Jacobs will not be the one doing the coaching search...he'll be replaced as well.

Hang on, let me scoot over to make room for on this bandwagon you said would be empty when we started winning. 

You should be a politician- You flip-flop very well.

FYI-For anybody who has Direct TV the game is on 696 (Comcast Bay area) and as of right now I am getting that channel here in Texas. (Why? I have no idea)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2012, 11:23:18 AM »

Hang on, let me scoot over to make room for on this bandwagon you said would be empty when we started winning. 

You should be a politician- You flip-flop very well.

FYI-For anybody who has Direct TV the game is on 696 (Comcast Bay area) and as of right now I am getting that channel here in Texas. (Why? I have no idea)

They want to make sure that everyone gets to see the total inept ability in another loss for Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2012, 11:33:45 AM »
They want to make sure that everyone gets to see the total inept ability in another loss for Auburn.
...at we we are properly prepared.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2012, 11:49:31 AM »
Nope.  But after perusing the Bunker and reading about how Stoops and Fisher are "very" likely to be strong candidates, nothing surprises me about our fanbase's deluded confidence. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2012, 11:54:26 AM »
Nope.  But after perusing the Bunker and reading about how Stoops and Fisher are "very" likely to be strong candidates, nothing surprises me about our fanbase's deluded confidence.

We are more than likely searching in DIV III to get a REAL up and comer. I mean fuck we are going to suck and lose let's at least not pay a lot for it.   :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2012, 11:57:56 AM »
We are more than likely searching in DIV III to get a REAL up and comer. I mean fuck we are going to suck and lose let's at least not pay a lot for it.   :facepalm:
Maybe jacobs is, but Auburn will be fine.  It might take two or three years, but we'll hire a good coach and be competitive again.  Hell, we'll be at least .500 or above next year. 

Think of it this way, Chizik is the second or third worst head coach in Auburn's history and we got a bcs crystal, three bowl wins, and a Heisman out of him. 

We'll be fine. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2012, 12:02:54 PM »
Any suggestions on "free" online access to watch?  Am doing some clean-up in my office, and the access here is not the same as home.
 :thumsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2012, 12:08:04 PM »
Any suggestions on "free" online access to watch?  Am doing some clean-up in my office, and the access here is not the same as home.
 :thumsup:

Suppose to be on ESPN 3 but I could not find it, let me look again.

Try this-At bottom of page.

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index     
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 12:10:13 PM by dallaswareagle »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2012, 12:14:01 PM »
Suppose to be on ESPN 3 but I could not find it, let me look again.

Try this-At bottom of page.

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index   
Cannot access the espn3 here, since it is a different isp
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2012, 12:18:05 PM »
Cannot access the espn3 here, since it is a different isp

Found this?  EDIT: My bad these folks want some money. nevemind.

http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/10179541/TX/SeabrookTexas/NMSUAU-New-Mexico-State-vs-Auburn-Live-Stream-Online/Coffee-Oasis/   
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 12:21:43 PM by dallaswareagle »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions