No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
Re: Dammit, Auburn...
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 12:08:16 PM »
http://blog.al.com/auburnbeat/2008/07/auburn_to_face_furman_in_2009.html

What the fuck is that?

Meanwhile there's stuff like this up for grabs...

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/gatech/stories/2008/07/16/hokiesatdome_0716.html
Every team is doing it, it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 12:08:53 PM »
The schedule is tough enough already.  I mean come on.  LSU, UT, UGA....and now we add the Paladins?

Shit, what is Jacobs thinking?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 12:12:04 PM »
I may be in the minority on this, but I really don't have a problem with the game on that date being a patsy, especially next year.
Starting the season with West Virginia, then traveling to LSU, Tennessee and Georgia and finishing at home against Alabama, the SOS should be fine.
Now, if they were to schedule LAMO and the Citadel for the other two OOC games... :cage:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 12:30:12 PM »
I may be in the minority on this, but I really don't have a problem with the game on that date being a patsy, especially next year.
Starting the season with West Virginia, then traveling to LSU, Tennessee and Georgia and finishing at home against Alabama, the SOS should be fine.
Now, if they were to schedule LAMO and the Citadel for the other two OOC games... :cage:
I just don't think there's ever an excuse to play anyone but D1 opponents. Beating up on a team like Western Kentucky will get the same vacation day results, but on paper doesn't look as pathetic. After the Citadel shit we had to hear as a reason we didn't get to play in 2004, you think we'd learn our lesson.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 12:54:40 PM »
After the Citadel shit we had to hear as a reason we didn't get to play in 2004, you think we'd learn our lesson.

Everyone needs to forget 2004.  I t would not have mattered who we played and beat we were not going to jump two teams that started out the year 1 and 2 respectively.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2008, 01:13:41 PM »
Everyone needs to forget 2004.  I t would not have mattered who we played and beat we were not going to jump two teams that started out the year 1 and 2 respectively.

Plus, our SOS was higher than either USC or OU that year.  That was the sexy matchup everyone wanted and they got it.  Just like OSU/Michigan was pimped worse than Talladega Nights as the game of the millenium two years ago. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JohnDeere

• Pledge
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2008, 04:05:59 PM »
CTT has said it many times, 12 regular season games is too many.

He is going to use 2, maybe 3 of the out of conference games as glorified scrimage to get everybody some playing time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2008, 04:36:17 PM »
Eddie Gran spoke at a men's supper at our church season before last and someone asked him when Auburn was going to quit playing high schools for OOC games.  He smiled and said "Bring on Buffalo".  Went on to echo exactly what John Deere just said.  No one has a clue how beat up you get in the SEC.  He said no conference is even close in speed and intensity.  They need those games to recover.

They want those games and I think you'll always see us schedule a legit team or two from BCS conferences, but we'll always have the Furmans, WKU's and LMAO's of the world on our schedule too. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2008, 11:30:47 PM »
Eddie Gran spoke at a men's supper at our church season before last and someone asked him when Auburn was going to quit playing high schools for OOC games.  He smiled and said "Bring on Buffalo".  Went on to echo exactly what John Deere just said.  No one has a clue how beat up you get in the SEC.  He said no conference is even close in speed and intensity.  They need those games to recover.

They want those games and I think you'll always see us schedule a legit team or two from BCS conferences, but we'll always have the Furmans, WKU's and LMAO's of the world on our schedule too. 
I don't have a problem with the latter two. It's when you go to "Championship Subdivision" teams, when it irritates me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2008, 09:58:02 AM »
I don't have a problem with the latter two. It's when you go to "Championship Subdivision" teams, when it irritates me.
Chad, I know Ap. State is a 1A school, but ask Michigan and Alabama how easy their "cupcakes" are.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

fred

• Titties and Beer
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2008, 05:31:59 PM »
Face it, y'all are scared.

The mighty Tide ain't scared of no body. Cause we know we can whip anybody anywhere anytime. The Tide has turned and we ain't losing another game for the next 20 years.

Bring on the big boys like VT. LMAO at Furhman!!!11
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
RTR Motherfuckers!

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2008, 05:33:26 PM »

The mighty Tide ain't scared of no body.

LMAO

You misspelled LaMo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2008, 05:33:53 PM »
Bama's gonna' get a red hot Hokie Pokie up it's collective Mullet ass when VT comes calling.  

And they're gonna' make you boys like it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2008, 10:12:08 PM »
Face it, y'all are scared.

The mighty Tide ain't scared of no body. Cause we know we can whip anybody anywhere anytime. The Tide has turned and we ain't losing another game for the next 20 years.

Bring on the big boys like VT. LMAO at Furhman!!!11
You have to be related to Bammerperry.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.