Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

7 thUGA player arrested

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
7 thUGA player arrested
« on: July 17, 2008, 09:12:18 AM »
Wow.  The process continues under Richt's saintly watch.  Look out, Bammers!  You have competition.

Georgia dismisses DE Lemon following arrest

By CHIP TOWERS
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 07/14/08

Athens — Michael Lemon's football career at Georgia is over.

For now, at least.

Georgia defensive lineman Michael Lemon expressed an interest to return to the team, following his dismissal by coach Mark Richt.

Bulldogs coach Mark Richt announced Sunday that Lemon, a sophomore defensive end from Lizella, had been dismissed from the team. The decision came 10 days after Lemon was arrested on charges of aggravated battery (a felony) and battery (a misdemeanor).

"He's been dismissed as a result of some poor decisions and conduct that is not in line with the standards that we have in place at Georgia," Richt said in a statement. "I have had discussions with Michael and he understands the decision."

Richt revealed in the news release that Lemon expressed an interest in trying to earn his way back onto the team. "That would depend on several factors and will come at a later date," Richt said.

Lemon could not be reached for comment.

Lemon, who attended Stratford Academy in Macon, had been suspended indefinitely since his arrest July 3.

The charges stemmed from a fight the previous weekend in which a UGA student claims he was attacked by Lemon. DeMarius Jackson, a rising junior from Albany, told police that Lemon punched him at least five times — including one that resulted in a blowout fracture of his left eye socket — in an altercation that occurred June 28 at a barbecue at The Exchange apartment complex in Athens. Jackson said he was taken to St. Mary's Hospital via ambulance and released about eight or nine hours later.

Lemon played in eight games last season, recording seven tackles. He was listed as a third-string defensive end at the end of spring drills.

Georgia helped raise more than $70,000 on Lemon's behalf after his mother, Phaba Lemon, was murdered and their house was burned down by an ex-boyfriend two years ago.

Lemon was the seventh Georgia football player jailed by police this year. One of the others, senior defensive end Jeremy Lomax, had the charge against him (carrying a concealed weapon) dropped. The other players are facing misdemeanor charges.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/uga/stories/2008/07/13/uga_lemon_0714.html
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
Re: 7 thUGA player arrested
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 01:36:37 PM »
Richt sowed the seeds for this last season. Cut back on disclipine and things like this happen. Encourage young men to act like savages and they will.

It'll be interesting to see what sideline antics he brings in this season.....maybe an armed robbery or an aggrevated assault for the home fans to bark about.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: 7 thUGA player arrested
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 04:55:01 PM »
I wonder if he was doing the Soulja Boy while he tap danced on that guys face. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."