Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The New Low

The New Low
« on: September 21, 2012, 01:39:07 PM »

This pic says it all, doesn't it? 

Players celebrating.  Hoisting the kicker in the air.  The kicker lifting his hand and finger high to signal the awesomeness of the victory.  ULM's uniforms suffering the agony of defeat.  And the stands halfway empty after an overtime victory at home. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Re: The New Low
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 01:51:57 PM »

This pic says it all, doesn't it? 

Players celebrating.  Hoisting the kicker in the air.  The kicker lifting his hand and finger high to signal the awesomeness of the victory.  ULM's uniforms suffering the agony of defeat.  And the stands halfway empty after an overtime victory at home.

I'm afraid the new low will be Sat night-stands 1/2 empty in the 3rd Qtr.

And if having to kick a field goal to beat ULM wasn’t bad enough they had so little confidence in our offense they ran one play and then the second play move it to the center of the field to kick, did not even really try to score a touchdown. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 02:04:08 PM »
I'm afraid the new low will be Sat night-stands 1/2 empty in the 3rd Qtr.

And if having to kick a field goal to beat ULM wasn’t bad enough they had so little confidence in our offense they ran one play and then the second play move it to the center of the field to kick, did not even really try to score a touchdown.

I'm not going to argue with that decision.  Was the right call.

All you need is three points to win.  Got one of the best kickers in the country.  Why run three plays and take the chance of a fumble, an interception or a sack for a big loss?  You kick on second down and have a bad snap and it isn't tumblebugs time.  Fall on it, check the field position and you still have a third down play to get closer if you need to. 

Kick it and get off the damn field.  Probably the best call of the day. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 02:19:13 PM »

All you need is three points to win.  Got one of the best kickers in the country.  Why run three plays and take the chance of a fumble, an interception or a sack for a big loss?  You kick on second down and have a bad snap and it isn't tumblebugs time.  Fall on it, check the field position and you still have a third down play to get closer if you need to. 

Did you just imply there could have been a bad snap?  A fumbling of the snap after hitting the holder square in the hands with a tight spiral, maybe.  But the snap itself?  No way, bucko.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JR4AU

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 02:27:43 PM »

It was a pussy move.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2012, 02:32:22 PM »
It was a pussy move.

I agree with K.  When it comes to winning the game, you take the first chance you get to win it.  We can suspect that our coaches thought Frazier would throw an interception, and we'd probably be right.  However, we know that the decision they made won the game, and that's all that mattered at the time.

Of course, if the coaches had put together a program and a gameplan that didn't drive half the crowd away before overtime began and didn't involve struggling with a Sun Belt team, we wouldn't need to have this conversation. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

dallaswareagle

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2012, 02:32:49 PM »

All you need is three points to win.  Got one of the best kickers in the country.  Why run three plays and take the chance of a fumble, an interception or a sack for a big loss?   You kick on second down and have a bad snap and it isn't tumblebugs time.  Fall on it, check the field position and you still have a third down play to get closer if you need to. 

They did this because they have NO confidence in our offense.

I agree, with this team it was a good call.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2012, 02:38:40 PM »
They did this because they have NO confidence in our offense.

I agree, with this team it was a good call.

I think it's a good call by any team regardless of who they're playing. 

What good does a touchdown do?  How pissed would you be today if they'd gotten a first down, gone for the score on the next set of downs and Frazier got stripped of the ball on the scramble.  And then they scored in the second OT and we didn't? 

You'd be screaming to fire Chizik because he didn't take the sure-thing field goal and get out of there with a win.  You'd be pissed because his arrogance forced him to go for the kill and not just take the win. 

Of all the bad moves made last Saturday, kicking on second down wasn't one of them.  I thought it was the first smart thing they've done in a while.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

dallaswareagle

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2012, 02:50:47 PM »
I think it's a good call by any team regardless of who they're playing. 

What good does a touchdown do?  How pissed would you be today if they'd gotten a first down, gone for the score on the next set of downs and Frazier got stripped of the ball on the scramble.  And then they scored in the second OT and we didn't? 

You'd be screaming to fire Chizik because he didn't take the sure-thing field goal and get out of there with a win.  You'd be pissed because his arrogance forced him to go for the kill and not just take the win. 

Of all the bad moves made last Saturday, kicking on second down wasn't one of them.  I thought it was the first smart thing they've done in a while.

Them winning or losing was not going to affect my pissed off meter and actually may have brought changes sooner than later losing to a fucking sunbelt team that you’re up 14 points on in the 4th qtr.

Kicking the field goal on (2nd down) is my main gripe. You take two shots to score and then you kick on 3rd down which gives you 4th down to kick again should something go wrong.

We are playing pussy football.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2012, 02:56:06 PM »
I'm going with smart call.  Parkey is one of the few sure things we have going right now.  Our QB is apt to go full tard at any given time.  One of our RB's had already left the ball on the ground....which by the way, changed the entire momentum of the game.  The only plays you would even consider running there are straight up the gut...and for what?  It was already a Parkey chip shot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2012, 03:00:21 PM »
I'm going with smart call.  Parkey is one of the few sure things we have going right now.  Our QB is apt to go full tard at any given time.  One of our RB's had already left the ball on the ground....which by the way, changed the entire momentum of the game.  The only plays you would even consider running there are straight up the gut...and for what?  It was already a Parkey chip shot.

I wasn't worried about the kick.

The snap was my main concern.  :charles:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2012, 03:01:05 PM »
I wasn't worried about the kick.

The snap was my main concern.  :charles:

You take that back or I'll do....stuff.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2012, 03:10:43 PM »
You take that back or I'll do....stuff.

Like watch an ass whopping Sat night in person?  That will show me.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 03:12:25 PM by dallaswareagle »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2012, 03:11:56 PM »
Like watch an ass whopping Sat night?  That will show me.

Okay, I'll give you that one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2012, 03:12:26 PM »
BTDub...I love Amanda Cerny
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2012, 03:19:42 PM »
Kick on 2nd is definitely the right call

Wonder if the crowd's sparseness was exacerbated by some folks leaving after Auburn went up by 14 in the third?  (My sons' football games run through 3-ish on Saturdays, so I've been spared from watching the past few weeks)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2012, 03:30:23 PM »
Kick on 2nd is definitely the right call

Wonder if the crowd's sparseness was exacerbated by some folks leaving after Auburn went up by 14 in the third?  (My sons' football games run through 3-ish on Saturdays, so I've been spared from watching the past few weeks)

Alot of folks left at 1/2 time and did not come back. (mostly students)

Can't blame them-Look like two high school teams going at it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2012, 03:39:46 PM »
I agree with K.  When it comes to winning the game, you take the first chance you get to win it.  We can suspect that our coaches thought Frazier would throw an interception, and we'd probably be right.  However, we know that the decision they made won the game, and that's all that mattered at the time.

Of course, if the coaches had put together a program and a gameplan that didn't drive half the crowd away before overtime began and didn't involve struggling with a Sun Belt team, we wouldn't need to have this conversation.

I agree too.  Still a pussy move vs ULM.  Against an SEC team, I wouldnt say that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2012, 03:42:04 PM »
The reality is that it's always that way with the ULM's and Furman's and Western Ky's of the world. Whether the game sux or not. We either have it in control and people leave or it blows and no one wants to hang around.  I've left on occasion myself but I'm normally one to stick around to the end to see some of the back ups play.  Not this year, though. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2012, 03:52:10 PM »
The reality is that it's always that way with the ULM's and Furman's and Western Ky's of the world. Whether the game sux or not. We either have it in control and people leave or it blows and no one wants to hang around.  I've left on occasion myself but I'm normally one to stick around to the end to see some of the back ups play.  Not this year, though.

Gonna disagree-And I only comment on games I have been too.

I was there for LT in 2009 and most everybody stayed-Of course it was a night game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions