Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Who's Off The Wagon?

JR4AU

Re: Who's Off The Wagon?
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2012, 10:20:12 AM »
Until I watched Top Plays on ESPN and saw #2, I did not realize that one of Auburn's scores came when Frazier wobbled around and then threw it up for grabs into a crowd on the last play of the half.  Save for that miracle, we were lost.

We also had earlier resorted to a double throwback pass where Frazier threw a lateral , then caught a throwback TD pass.  First two scores vs ULM came off extreme trickeration, and blind luck.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2012, 10:20:38 AM »
I'm glad I didn't go in to watch.

Could have met me!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2012, 10:27:26 AM »
Could have met me!

True that but my angst for Auburn football will not allow me to watch the abomination first hand. I have waited half a year for another season of Auburn football. I feel like I've been kicked in the nuts this go around. I'll catch you at the next tailgate.

By the way, meeting some of you degenerates was the best part of the day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2012, 10:43:16 AM »
Knee Jerk reaction.

Also, Kaos, you've been waiting for any slip up on the field and I guess off the field to attack Coach Chizik. If you say that you haven't been, then that's bullshit. You've had your pitchforks and torches within arms reach, waiting to use them.

I don't understand why the fuck it's so God Damn hard for everyone to understand that when you go from a Spread Option Offense to a Pro-Style there's going to be a HUGE learning curve (especially when every player was brought in to run the Spread Option)...EVERYTHING IS FUCKING DIFFERENT, the Offensive staff, minus Coach Troop, was brought in for the Spread (Coach Troop can coach in any Offense).

The Defense is going through almost as drastic of a change as the Offense. They're still utilizing the 4-3 base...THAT'S IT, EVERYTHING ELSE IS FUCKING DIFFERENT. Coach Van Gorder's Defense is a very hard one to get in a year, much less a few months. Also, the Defense is transitioning from a Coach Roof Defense (Night) to a Coach Van Gorder Defense (Day).

Everyone from the Coordinators on down are learning.

Whenever you have to think about what you're doing on the field, everything moves at lightning speed...once the player(s) get more comfortable in what they're doing, they don't have to think, they know and they'll make less mistakes and be in better position to react quicker. That takes time and patience.

It doesn't take a fucking Rocket Surgeon to figure all that out (step back and think for a fucking second).

Call it excuses or what-the-fuck-ever but realize that EVERYTHING that I posted is the fucking truth. Go ahead quit on the Coaching Staff, quit on the players, quit on Auburn. They haven't given up and neither will I.

The bolded part is where you're wrong.  Or perhaps illiterate. 

My response the current debacle is more measured than most it seems.  I do want to bitch slap people who stick their heads in the sand and refuse to recognize that SOMETHING isn't right -- and that something is more than a random X or O. 

I'm not sure where I stand, really.  And other than the random helmet joke I haven't declared myself king of the orange realm for being right before I was wrong about being right in the first place.  Haven't really even brought it up.  Because I don't know. 

So you can take your little pissy fit and throw it somewhere else.

I can see your point about the system change.  Tuberville tried to bring in a different offensive philosophy to compete with Florida and Texas.  He wanted to install the more of the spread (the right idea perhaps) and went to a guy he thought was the best at getting that done (too bad he sold snake oil).  It was a bad marriage all the way around.  The guy he brought in was loony and not ready for prime time. He pissed off the OL coach by wanting everything done a different way.  We'd had a pretty good OL for years and that didn't work.  The defense didn't buy in because it changed the game for them.  It was going to be a process. 

Tuberville -- who'd proven way more than Chizik has -- was drummed out of town.  You, Prowler, were one of the ones doing the drumming.   So he didn't deserve three or five years to get his 'Process" down?  Why is your tune so vastly different now than it was then? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

JR4AU

« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2012, 10:54:42 AM »
The bolded part is where you're wrong.  Or perhaps illiterate. 

My response the current debacle is more measured than most it seems.  I do want to bitch slap people who stick their heads in the sand and refuse to recognize that SOMETHING isn't right -- and that something is more than a random X or O. 

I'm not sure where I stand, really.  And other than the random helmet joke I haven't declared myself king of the orange realm for being right before I was wrong about being right in the first place.  Haven't really even brought it up.  Because I don't know. 

So you can take your little pissy fit and throw it somewhere else.

I can see your point about the system change.  Tuberville tried to bring in a different offensive philosophy to compete with Florida and Texas.  He wanted to install the more of the spread (the right idea perhaps) and went to a guy he thought was the best at getting that done (too bad he sold snake oil).  It was a bad marriage all the way around.  The guy he brought in was loony and not ready for prime time. He pissed off the OL coach by wanting everything done a different way.  We'd had a pretty good OL for years and that didn't work.  The defense didn't buy in because it changed the game for them.  It was going to be a process. 

Tuberville -- who'd proven way more than Chizik has -- was drummed out of town.  You, Prowler, were one of the ones doing the drumming.   So he didn't deserve three or five years to get his 'Process" down?  Why is your tune so vastly different now than it was then?

Not going to re-re-re-re-re-hash the Tubs/Franklin debacle with you, but I put that squarely on Tubs.  Even good or great coaches fuck up.   

The only similarity here is a change in scheme.  Which you can also compare to bringing in Borges, or keeping Nallsminger to avoid a change in scheme.  Keeping same (somebody else's...Petrino's) scheme with Nallsminger was a major fail, change in scheme with Borges was completely seamless and a great move.  Please, someone look at that, and tell me about Xs and Os being the problem here and have your argument make sense.   Even trying to blame Xs and Os here is stupid, and you make that point.  Something more is wrong here, and some simply refuse to see it. 

And I'm also going to join you with being the last person wanting Chiz to fail.  I'm not that guy at all.  In fact, I'm quite the opposite. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2012, 10:55:03 AM »
I'm a head case for getting behind a Coaching Staff that isn't going to quit (eventhough I would like to see some personnel changes) and 22+ players that haven't quit on me, the fan...then I guess I'm the fuckin looniest mutha fuckin head case on this board.

LOLWhut?

They sure look like they've given up to me. Especially Holland.

I don't understand why the fuck it's so God Damn hard for everyone to understand that when you go from a Spread Option Offense to a Pro-Style there's going to be a HUGE learning curve (especially when every player was brought in to run the Spread Option)...EVERYTHING IS FUCKING DIFFERENT, the Offensive staff, minus Coach Troop, was brought in for the Spread (Coach Troop can coach in any Offense).

The Defense is going through almost as drastic of a change as the Offense. They're still utilizing the 4-3 base...THAT'S IT, EVERYTHING ELSE IS FUCKING DIFFERENT. Coach Van Gorder's Defense is a very hard one to get in a year, much less a few months. Also, the Defense is transitioning from a Coach Roof Defense (Night) to a Coach Van Gorder Defense (Day).

Whenever you have to think about what you're doing on the field, everything moves at lightning speed...once the player(s) get more comfortable in what they're doing, they don't have to think, they know and they'll make less mistakes and be in better position to react quicker. That takes time and patience.

It doesn't take a fucking Rocket Surgeon to figure all that out (step back and think for a fucking second).

Call it excuses or what-the-fuck-ever but realize that EVERYTHING that I posted is the fucking truth. Go ahead quit on the Coaching Staff, quit on the players, quit on Auburn. They haven't given up and neither will I.
Excuses is putting it lightly. Homer induced lunacy is what it is.

You know god damned well that Bama or LSU or any team as elite as you seem to think we are, makes that transition with narry a hiccup. Certainly doesn't drag them down to Sunbelt level.

All the shit you spew is just that, man. Shit. LSU is younger. Bama has had to replace more talent.

How are they achieving the impossible according to you and not tripping over themselves coming out of the tunnel? Oh wait, that's MSU who beat the ever-loving shit out of us last week.

I guess you're the kind of guy that feels the dick in your ass and tries to convince yourself how good it feels. Most of us try to stop the fucking.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2012, 10:57:42 AM »
LOLWhut?

You know god damned well that Bama or LSU or any team as elite as you seem to think we are, makes that transition with narry a hiccup. Certainly doesn't drag them down to Sunbelt level.

All the shit you spew is just that, man. Shit. LSU is younger. Bama has had to replace more talent.

How are they achieving the impossible according to you and not tripping over themselves coming out of the tunnel? Oh wait, that's MSU who beat the ever-loving shit out of us last week.

I guess you're the kind of guy that feels the dick in your ass and tries to convince yourself how good it feels. Most of us try to stop the fucking.

Fuck!

We agree!   :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Greaseyweasel

• Love Auburn, Hate chizik. 'nuff said.
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2012, 12:48:04 PM »
Well Tub's players are gone and there is very very little player development being done. I remember when this whole debacle was going down someone on here asked me if Chizik won a NC would that be enough to get me to like him. My response was something along the line of "No, it will just make it take longer to get rid of him.". Unlike Prowler's fantasy world that is historical fact. And I invite you to go dig through my old responses and find it.
I do wish they had of kicked this losing fucker to the curb years ago (as I and other level headed alums recommended).
Am I enjoying this clusterfucked shit ball of a season?? No, not at all.
But if and that is a big if we can use this to get rid of him, a certain "ex" coach and certain members of the board.... well in the long run this will be a good thing.

Oh and just for the record, I was never on the chizik wagon at all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You've got to learn to stand for something

or you'll fall for anything.

JR4AU

« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2012, 12:55:33 PM »

Oh and just for the record, I was never on the chizik wagon at all.

You were, and still are, however, on the "I love choking down cock and gallons of cum" wagon.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2012, 07:28:07 PM »
You were, and still are, however, on the "I love choking down cock and gallons of cum" wagon.
:pwnd:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2012, 07:53:47 PM »
True that but my angst for Auburn football will not allow me to watch the abomination first hand. I have waited half a year for another season of Auburn football. I feel like I've been kicked in the nuts this go around. I'll catch you at the next tailgate.

By the way, meeting some of you degenerates was the best part of the day.

Are you calling Awk, hsv-beer-nerd and Dallas degenerates?

Great spot Awk. Will def link up with you there at the Aggie game if not before. I'm just sad chizad and vv weren't there to cock fight about tax law and the saints.  :thumsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2012, 11:33:34 PM »
The bus is always open.  People come and go. 

Nobody's quitting on Auburn, Prowler. 

Some are just taking the position that what's occurring on the field (and off, frankly for all the excuses we make) in no way represents what we expect from the highest paid coaching staff in college football, a team that has some of the finest facilities in the nation, and a plays in front of a fanbase that understands and respects the college more so than the score.

We all love Auburn. This?  It's not Auburn.  Auburn isn't poorly prepared. Auburn isn't a clusterfuck. Auburn isn't the worst pair of quarterbacks in the history of college football. Auburn isn't unable to stop a Sunbelt team. 

That's Mississippi State. That's Ole Miss. That's Vandy. That's not what we should be and it's not what we should be expected to accept. 

If there were glimmers of hope, if there seemed to be a cohesive plan, if it looked like it was building to something people might be more patient.  It does not.  It looks like seventh grade backyard football.  It looks like disorganized shit.  The fucking Bad News Bears. 

This isn't where this program should be by any stretch of the imagination.  How can you begrudge People's distress?

This.  All of it.  No glimmers of hope.  Nothing but special teams to cling to as a ship being steered properly. 
Distress does not begin to cover it.

I have been married to my husband for ten years.  He is the best thing to happen to me and I love him so much.  But I still get mad at him and upset with him and we have fundamental disagreements from time to time.  Not often.  But they happen.  Doesn't mean I am off his bandwagon.  Doesn't mean I am walking out on him at the first sign of a fight.  Isn't going to happen.  I love him too much.  And you can damn well bet that if he were coming home drunk three times a week or couldn't hold a job or was making some bad life choices that I would step up and say something.  No denying the reality of something happening right before my eyes.  But it still would not mean I stopped loving him.  Not sure that would ever or could ever happen. 

Those we love the most are the only ones who can hurt us.  And right now Auburn football is staggering in the house at 0230 on a Tuesday night, smelling like bourbon and hookers and you, Prowler, are telling me they've been at Bible study, nothing to see here, it will get better, just you wait, bandwagon jumper, and calling me a bad wife for getting pissed off because I have a certain level of realistic expectations.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2012, 12:30:31 AM »
Knee Jerk reaction.

Also, Kaos, you've been waiting for any slip up on the field and I guess off the field to attack Coach Chizik. If you say that you haven't been, then that's bullshit. You've had your pitchforks and torches within arms reach, waiting to use them.

After 1 game...yeah.  After 2 games...maybe.  After 3?  No.  After 4 seasons...Nope.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2012, 05:34:15 AM »
LOLWhut?

I'll say this one last fucking time, I hope you and the rest of the fucking retards here will read it.

Not one player has given up yet, I'll let you know when they do (see Knile Davis at Arkansas).

I've never ever thought that Auburn is an elite team (Elite teams don't go 8-4/9-3). If I ever think Auburn is an Elite team, I'll say so.

It shouldn't take half a brain to figure out that, yes uat and LSU have changed personnel at different positions on both Offense and Defense...the system on both sides of the ball, at both Universities have mostly stayed the same.

I can keep explaining it to you and everyone else, but I can't help you understand. Patience is a virtue.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2012, 05:57:56 AM »
This.  All of it.  No glimmers of hope.  Nothing but special teams to cling to as a ship being steered properly. 
Distress does not begin to cover it.

I have been married to my husband for ten years.  He is the best thing to happen to me and I love him so much.  But I still get mad at him and upset with him and we have fundamental disagreements from time to time.  Not often.  But they happen.  Doesn't mean I am off his bandwagon.  Doesn't mean I am walking out on him at the first sign of a fight.  Isn't going to happen.  I love him too much.  And you can damn well bet that if he were coming home drunk three times a week or couldn't hold a job or was making some bad life choices that I would step up and say something.  No denying the reality of something happening right before my eyes.  But it still would not mean I stopped loving him.  Not sure that would ever or could ever happen. 

Those we love the most are the only ones who can hurt us.  And right now Auburn football is staggering in the house at 0230 on a Tuesday night, smelling like bourbon and hookers and you, Prowler, are telling me they've been at Bible study, nothing to see here, it will get better, just you wait, bandwagon jumper, and calling me a bad wife for getting pissed off because I have a certain level of realistic expectations.

*-If during the first year you see signs of improvement from the previous one. (2008 to 2009)

*-If during the second year you more signs of improvement from the previous one, improvement beyond your dreams but you notice some deficiencies (2009 to 2010)

*-If during the third year you see the deficiencies becoming a major problem, so you ask for a major change (2010 to 2011)

*-Now that everything that you wanted to be changed for the better has been changed, you still see those deficiencies (2011 to 2012)

The best thing to do now is to quit and not have any patience or faith that things will get better after all of the positive changes have been made.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2012, 08:31:23 AM »

*-If during the first year you see signs of improvement from the previous one. (2008 to 2009)

*-If during the second year you more signs of improvement from the previous one, improvement beyond your dreams but you notice some deficiencies (2009 to 2010)

*-If during the third year you see the deficiencies becoming a major problem, so you ask for a major change (2010 to 2011)

*-Now that everything that you wanted to be changed for the better has been changed, you still see those deficiencies (2011 to 2012)

The best thing to do now is to quit and not have any patience or faith that things will get better after all of the positive changes have been made.
I'll say this one last fucking time, I hope you and the rest of the fucking retards here will read it.

Not one player has given up yet, I'll let you know when they do (see Knile Davis at Arkansas).

I've never ever thought that Auburn is an elite team (Elite teams don't go 8-4/9-3). If I ever think Auburn is an Elite team, I'll say so.

It shouldn't take half a brain to figure out that, yes uat and LSU have changed personnel at different positions on both Offense and Defense...the system on both sides of the ball, at both Universities have mostly stayed the same.

I can keep explaining it to you and everyone else, but I can't help you understand. Patience is a virtue.

Doesn't look to me like they've mentally quit either.  I've laid out what I've been told the problems are.    Some choose not to believe them.  Others, like me, say "yeah, makes perfect sense when you look at the product on the field". 

Here's the bottom line.  To steal a phrase from Justice Potter Stewart, and tweak it to fit the situation: "I shall not today attempt further to define the kinds of suckage I understand to be occurring on the field in Auburn; and perhaps I could never succeed in intelligibly doing so. But I know it when I see it,..."

There's more to it than a young QB.  There's more to it than changing systems and the learning curve that comes with that.  And I, for one, am in the crowd that sees ALL these things.  We had to take ULM to OT to beat them.  Gave up 28 pts to them.  The 2008 team would have beat them 3-0. 

Got news for you, opposing teams see it too.  ULM played their back up QB in the first half, just because.  Browning wasn't hurt, and he's a star in their league.   Played the back up just cuz.  Message sent to Chiz.  "We are going to get our back up some PT vs an SEC opponent, and we think we can still win."  Didn't go for 2 on the last TD.  Message to Chiz: "We can stop you, and you can't stop us, we are not the weak sister on the field today."  A coach that felt he had a lesser team would have gone for 2, and been satisfied losing if it failed because he dared greatly.

Meanwhile, Auburn has to resort to trick plays and Hail Mary's to score and win.  Minus those 1st half lucky plays, we lose by 14, at home, to ULM.   A half assed Auburn squad would have run base everything, and won 35-3. 

The average fan can see there's no "about to turn the corner" here.  The average fan that squawks about other coaches that "can't coach" can see Dooley, and Coach Boom have made some strides since last season.  May not be great teams, but they know how to play hard and fast.

We are last or next to last in the SEC in nearly every statistical category.  This team is 2008 version .02 with not an injured QB, but one that can't play the game, and no defense. 

Seriously, how bad does it have to be before you see it?           
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2012, 09:19:58 AM »
Let's step back for just a second. 

Take a look at 2011.  I don't like "what if" scenarios, but going to play them anyway.

What if AU doesn't get the onsides kick and Trotter doesn't channel half a Cam for two late drives? 
What if Mississippi State scores on the last play and goes for two or wins in OT? 

AU was a scrotal hair from starting last year 0-2 as well.  Could have easily lost to SC. If Moseley doesn't get hurt we lose to Virginia.  (Which calls into question the talent decisions being made).  Struggled with fucking SAMFORD. 

What if Chizik had posted a five or six win season last year?   Yeah AU won 8, but we played like a five or six win team. 

What would people say today after a 1-2 start? Would the tone be different Prowler?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2012, 10:10:15 AM »
I agree with you Kaos and raise you.

Prowler you said you never considered us an elite team, but yet your Grilliz rankings would have us believe the opposite.  I agree with you that changing offensive and defensive schemes is  a part of the problem, but it is more than that.  Not only are we NOT an elite team we aren't even a good team, fuck we aren't even a mediocre team.

Team Offensive Statistics (that sure is offensive)

Team Dfensive Statistics

Out of 120 teams.  Wow
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #58 on: September 17, 2012, 10:25:00 AM »
I agree with you Kaos and raise you.

Prowler you said you never considered us an elite team, but yet your Grilliz rankings would have us believe the opposite.  I agree with you that changing offensive and defensive schemes is  a part of the problem, but it is more than that.  Not only are we NOT an elite team we aren't even a good team, fuck we aren't even a mediocre team.

Team Offensive Statistics (that sure is offensive)

Team Dfensive Statistics

Out of 120 teams.  Wow

Good post.

No one ever expected eliteness this year. Is it too much to ask (with the talent we SUPPOSEDLY have) to just NOT suck? We are in the bottom 20 of 120 teams in Total O and D. Unreal. I don't know how anyone can defend that. And it's not exactly against a murderer's row of opponents either. Now, it's really about to get hard (Arky, LSU, Aggie, Vandy, UGA, Bammer). I think 4 or 5 of those teams would beat everyone we've played so far.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2012, 10:49:18 AM »
Good post.

No one ever expected eliteness this year. Is it too much to ask (with the talent we SUPPOSEDLY have) to just NOT suck? We are in the bottom 20 of 120 teams in Total O and D. Unreal. I don't know how anyone can defend that. And it's not exactly against a murderer's row of opponents either. Now, it's really about to get hard (Arky, LSU, Aggie, Vandy, UGA, Bammer). I think 4 or 5 of those teams would beat everyone we've played so far.
We'll probably be 112 in both after a couple of weeks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions