Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Who's Off The Wagon?

Re: Who's Off The Wagon?
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2012, 10:30:02 PM »
AUFeagamily.com isn't off the wagon.  They have a "no whiners" thread.  And Florence not dressing out today means he must have a bad attitude and AU is better off without that kind of player.

There's always going to be the few that are sunshine pumpers.  I have a friend who got pissy when I started criticizing Chizik.  According to him, the national championship means he knows how to win it all and if we're struggling, it means something else is hindering us. 

Lunacy. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2012, 10:31:04 PM »
AUFeagamily.com isn't off the wagon.  They have a "no whiners" thread.  And Florence not dressing out today means he must have a bad attitude and AU is better off without that kind of player.

Did those ignorant fucks look at the field today?  I'd take my grandmother over Jake Holland.  I don't even know what position Florence plays, but he could AT LEAST stand 15 yards from the line of scrimmage and jump up and down until somebody pancaked his ass. 

My 12 year old daughter watched a few plays -- god bless her she cares not one whit for football and I think I'm glad of it -- and when ULM was driving she asks absently "why are there no Auburn players in the middle?"

And I look.  She's right. There's not a damn soul visible behind the line.  Green grass as far as I could see.  Where the hell was Holland?

I texted JR probably 4 times in a 7 minute span when the game started....all concerning how bad Holland looked. Away from every play. Crumpling down to the ground. Stumbling around like a drunk. In that first series he looked as bad as I've ever seen a lb play. And it's not even close. Dude is lost.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2012, 10:31:49 PM »
There's always going to be the few that are sunshine pumpers.  I have a friend who got pissy when I started criticizing Chizik.  According to him, the national championship means he knows how to win it all and if we're struggling, it means something else is hindering us. 

Lunacy.

I didn't know you and prowler were friends.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2012, 10:35:03 PM »
Troy had 300+ passing yards against Miss State and almost beat them. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2012, 10:39:08 PM »
To all the pussies crying, complaining, stomping their feet saying I've been through Barfield days blah, blah, blah (anyone trying to compare Coach Chizik to Coach Barfield is just plain fucking retarded and there's no help for you), saying I'm off the wagon bus bullshit...

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2012, 10:41:48 PM »
Gene Chizik makes more in one year's salary than LA Monroe's entire football budget. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2012, 10:50:34 PM »
To all the pussies crying, complaining, stomping their feet saying I've been through Barfield days blah, blah, blah (anyone trying to compare Coach Chizik to Coach Barfield is just plain fucking retarded and there's no help for you), saying I'm off the wagon bus bullshit...

You are unhinged.  A total head case.  Completely mental.

I appreciate your loyalty to AU, but damn, man.  Reality is what it is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2012, 11:23:33 PM »

The helmets were straight as a motherfucker. 

(for GH):

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2012, 12:27:08 AM »
This week I had a good friend and a great Auburn fan crash his plane in N. Atlanta and die.
I have vowed to just watch AU football this season and see where it takes us.
And as I do, I know that even if we lose every game, I would give that to have my old PHS/AU friend back. I love AU football, but sometimes I just have to take a step back and thank God for the blessing of being able to root for AU. It doesn't mean I like what I see sometimes, but at least I'm here to grit my teeth hope things get better.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2012, 12:31:46 AM »

I'm a head case for getting behind a Coaching Staff that isn't going to quit (eventhough I would like to see some personnel changes) and 22+ players that haven't quit on me, the fan...then I guess I'm the fuckin looniest mutha fuckin head case on this board.

My question to you and everyone else that have decided to quit on Auburn...What does that make you?

Btw, once Auburn starts turning that corner and begins to show improvement, which they will, then you and the others aren't going to be welcome back on the wagon bus...you'll have to walk behind it, so everyone will know who decided to quit on the team and who didn't.

There's your fuckin reality.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

JR4AU

« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2012, 12:33:22 AM »
I texted JR probably 4 times in a 7 minute span when the game started....all concerning how bad Holland looked. Away from every play. Crumpling down to the ground. Stumbling around like a drunk. In that first series he looked as bad as I've ever seen a lb play. And it's not even close. Dude is lost.

There was that one time out where we had 2 DEs lined up on one side, and nobody covering the slot reciever on the other, and BVG jumped all in Holland's shit, and I have to assume he wasn't bright enough to call the strength of the formation properly, but what's worse is half the defense was aligning properly despite what he'd called, while half was aligning to his fucked up call. 

Even  when Holland did "do his job" he still didn't attack the ball carrier, and, instead, waited and caught him down field.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2012, 12:35:57 AM »
I'm a head case for getting behind a Coaching Staff that isn't going to quit (eventhough I would like to see some personnel changes) and 22+ players that haven't quit on me, the fan...then I guess I'm the fuckin looniest mutha fuckin head case on this board.

My question to you and everyone else that have decided to quit on Auburn...What does that make you?

Btw, once Auburn starts turning that corner and begins to show improvement, which they will, then you and the others aren't going to be welcome back on the wagon bus...you'll have to walk behind it, so everyone will know who decided to quit on the team and who didn't.

I can get on or off at any stop.

I'm never off the Auburn Bus, but I'm off the Chizik bus. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2012, 12:40:16 AM »

The bus is always open.  People come and go. 

Nobody's quitting on Auburn, Prowler. 

Some are just taking the position that what's occurring on the field (and off, frankly for all the excuses we make) in no way represents what we expect from the highest paid coaching staff in college football, a team that has some of the finest facilities in the nation, and a plays in front of a fanbase that understands and respects the college more so than the score.

We all love Auburn. This?  It's not Auburn.  Auburn isn't poorly prepared. Auburn isn't a clusterfuck. Auburn isn't the worst pair of quarterbacks in the history of college football. Auburn isn't unable to stop a Sunbelt team. 

That's Mississippi State. That's Ole Miss. That's Vandy. That's not what we should be and it's not what we should be expected to accept. 

If there were glimmers of hope, if there seemed to be a cohesive plan, if it looked like it was building to something people might be more patient.  It does not.  It looks like seventh grade backyard football.  It looks like disorganized shit.  The fucking Bad News Bears. 

This isn't where this program should be by any stretch of the imagination.  How can you begrudge people's distress? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2012, 02:31:08 AM »
Until I watched Top Plays on ESPN and saw #2, I did not realize that one of Auburn's scores came when Frazier wobbled around and then threw it up for grabs into a crowd on the last play of the half.  Save for that miracle, we were lost.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2012, 02:48:00 AM »
Knee Jerk reaction.

Also, Kaos, you've been waiting for any slip up on the field and I guess off the field to attack Coach Chizik. If you say that you haven't been, then that's bullshit. You've had your pitchforks and torches within arms reach, waiting to use them.

I don't understand why the fuck it's so God Damn hard for everyone to understand that when you go from a Spread Option Offense to a Pro-Style there's going to be a HUGE learning curve (especially when every player was brought in to run the Spread Option)...EVERYTHING IS FUCKING DIFFERENT, the Offensive staff, minus Coach Troop, was brought in for the Spread (Coach Troop can coach in any Offense).

The Defense is going through almost as drastic of a change as the Offense. They're still utilizing the 4-3 base...THAT'S IT, EVERYTHING ELSE IS FUCKING DIFFERENT. Coach Van Gorder's Defense is a very hard one to get in a year, much less a few months. Also, the Defense is transitioning from a Coach Roof Defense (Night) to a Coach Van Gorder Defense (Day).

Everyone from the Coordinators on down are learning.

Whenever you have to think about what you're doing on the field, everything moves at lightning speed...once the player(s) get more comfortable in what they're doing, they don't have to think, they know and they'll make less mistakes and be in better position to react quicker. That takes time and patience.

It doesn't take a fucking Rocket Surgeon to figure all that out (step back and think for a fucking second).

Call it excuses or what-the-fuck-ever but realize that EVERYTHING that I posted is the fucking truth. Go ahead quit on the Coaching Staff, quit on the players, quit on Auburn. They haven't given up and neither will I.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2012, 08:46:52 AM »
Prowler sounds like Alabama fans during the Shula years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Roll Tide Bitch!

GH2001

« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2012, 09:03:01 AM »
The helmets were straight as a motherfucker. 

(for GH):

I don't even care anymore dude. Not even gonna remotely defend this shit anymore. Hell even a chiz nickel joke would fitting.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2012, 09:07:44 AM »
Until I watched Top Plays on ESPN and saw #2, I did not realize that one of Auburn's scores came when Frazier wobbled around and then threw it up for grabs into a crowd on the last play of the half.  Save for that miracle, we were lost.

That jump ball/hail Mary happened right below me about 25 feet from my seat. It had more to do with ulm and their bad defense on that play than anything. Pure luck. 14 of 15 times that play fails.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2012, 09:18:14 AM »
I'm glad I didn't go in to watch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2012, 09:54:35 AM »
See what y'all need to do is expect to lose. I kept telling y'all I expected to lose Saturday but no one listened. See if you expect to lose and pull it out well, great. If you expect to lose and do, you don't get quite as mad. Just sayin.

I'm not sure which wagon is where? Is this the fire gene chizik wagon or the support of gene chizik wagon. I think I might be on the fire John L. Smith wagon, I'm so lost.  I think I see Kaos.   I think I might just walk for awhile, the horse stinks. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum