I'll bite, how is this?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A girl's legs are her best friends, but the best of friends must part.
-- Redd Foxx

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: Moon scorches earth...
« Reply #81 on: September 10, 2012, 10:47:55 PM »
I'll bite, how is this?
Coach Loeffler, Coach Martinez & Coach Van Gorder didn't recruit any of the starters.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Yoda

« Reply #82 on: September 10, 2012, 10:55:20 PM »
Coach Loeffler, Coach Martinez & Coach Van Gorder didn't recruit any of the starters.

That's a loop hole but correct, however the head coach did.  Yes we are missing good players at key positions or are not playing them.  I will give you that, but can you tell me why we can't develop the players that we do have?  The only improvement I have seen is from the offensive line. Is coach Grimes the only one doing his job? 

I get some of what you say, but I also see numerous other teams plugging in freshmen some even at QB and having success.  Where is the problem with our coaching staff?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
-- Redd Foxx

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #83 on: September 11, 2012, 12:07:32 AM »
You are correct, however like I said before, it is an excuse.  Last time I checked whether it was the spread, pro style, air raid, pistol, run and shoot, west coast offense, hell even the wing T all need a QB with the ability to complete a pass. Be it a 5 yard crossing route or a dump off to the flat. We don't appear to have anyone that can do that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #84 on: September 11, 2012, 03:48:49 AM »
Honestly, I think the game is two fast for Kiehl.
That's exactly what I'm thinking. How do the coaches fix it? Take off his no contact Jersey and call pass plays under heavy pressure...allow him to get the feel of pressure, know it's coming, but don't look at it, keep looking downfield and throw to the open receiver. Then run it again and again and again and again and again and again (changing up the pass plays when Frazier throws it to the correct receiver and the blitzes) Fuck, bring in Joe Lee Dunn to help Coach Van Gorder call up the practice blitz packages.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Yoda

« Reply #85 on: September 11, 2012, 08:15:56 AM »
I say just play a good ole game of bull In the ring with a twist.  Frazier in the center, 4 receivers outside the circle, call a number he has to recognize where the player is coming from to hit him and complete a pass to the receiver in that direction.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
-- Redd Foxx

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #86 on: September 11, 2012, 08:32:56 AM »
I say just play a good ole game of bull In the ring with a twist.  Frazier in the center, 4 receivers outside the circle, call a number he has to recognize where the player is coming from to hit him and complete a pass to the receiver in that direction.
I was thinking more along the lines of the Oklahoma Drill, for every incomplete pass or miss read during the live session, it'll be an extra 10 seconds in the center (bring back Eltoro, Blackmon, Fairley, Rosegreen, the Rockers, Takeo, Dansby, Dontarius, T. Will, Groves, Bynes)...he'll learn how to take a lick.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #87 on: September 11, 2012, 08:41:17 AM »

So?  They're coaching them.  "Not his players".  "Not recruited to fit this system".   Bull fucking shit.  Far too much is made by talking heads about "players to fit a system".  A football player can play football.  Are there certain positions that you have "ideal talent sets" you'd like to find and plug in?  Yes, but rarely does a coach find a complete player, ie Cam Newton, who could play QB in anything from West Coast Offense, to 5 wide spread passing, to Wishbone Triple Option and be a star.   This isn't about "needing players to fit a system".  It's about players not living up to potential.  And it's too many to chalk up to The Peter Principle.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #88 on: September 11, 2012, 09:57:33 AM »
it is an excuse.

Yep, and excuses are worthless. I am looking for reasons. And the reasons fall solely on the HC. Period.

And you are correct on your second point - a 6 yard pass to an open WR is a 6 yard pass, regardless of the system. Case in point is WE!!'s screenshot of the play with 1-2 open WRs, and Kiehl crumples like a wrinkled dollar bill.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 10:00:17 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #89 on: September 11, 2012, 10:07:32 AM »
Taken from elsewhere...this is telling IMO.

Something is wrong...

I haven't seen it talked about in-depth in here, but according to the stat sheet, AU only used 39 players Saturday (that's a VERY small number).  That includes special teams guys such as LS, PK, P, and a few special team guys who never see the field otherwise. 

Miss St used 66 players, and blasted us (They had used 50-55 before the end of the 3rd qtr).  How is it that AU is playing with 3 straight top 10 classes (according to most all recruiting gurus), and we only have 39 "game ready" players with most of our staff four years in.  Dan Mullen, also in his 4th year, has had some staff turnover as well, and he just took 66 players who chose MSU over So. Miss & Kentucky, and beat the dog sh*t out of the only 39 players we had ready out of about 60 who were heavily recruited by FSU, FL, al, LSU, etc etc etc......

Player development is becoming a major concern.  We've got around 78 or so, scholarship players, only 17 of which are true freshmen, and we can only get 39 of them ready to face off with "Mississippi State??"  Mullen's doing a good job, but not that dang good!!  MSU is no threat to win the West.  There is absolutely no excuse for AU coaches not having 45-55 players they can rely on against "Miss St."

I'm starting to worry about the fact that we are loaded with big league talented players, (some are in their 3rd or 4th year) who had sick offer lists coming out of high school, sitting on the bench doing absolutely nothing, while most of our Jr & Sr starters would never make the traveling squad at dozens of other places.  It's getting old in a hurry.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #90 on: September 11, 2012, 10:09:43 AM »
Again...something is wrong...

MSU used at least 50 players in the first 3 qtrs.

In the BSC title game last January, alabama used 52 players, LSU used 50.

This past Saturday, Florida used 54 players in a 20-17 road game at TAMU, with a new offensive system.  TAMU used 50 players, with every single thing about the program being new.

Those are very typical participation numbers.  The smallest number of players being used in a game I've ever seen was 46, until our 39 this past Saturday.  Using less than 45-50 players in a college football game is unheard of.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #91 on: September 11, 2012, 10:12:14 AM »
Taken from elsewhere...this is telling IMO.

Something is wrong...

All good points. Or ehhh, bad points. Painful to read.

I'm fully convinced now that this staff's weak link (aside from Grimes and Boulware), is player development. They seem to be able to recruit like MF'ers. They seem to be able to manage games well when they are given already developed/mature high caliber players (Fairly, Cam, Ziemba, Lutz). But when it comes to filling that gap between the two, making those HS Studs college studs? Nada. It's not hard to see.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #92 on: September 11, 2012, 10:42:45 AM »
All good points. Or ehhh, bad points. Painful to read.

I'm fully convinced now that this staff's weak link (aside from Grimes and Boulware), is player development. They seem to be able to recruit like MF'ers. They seem to be able to manage games well when they are given already developed/mature high caliber players (Fairly, Cam, Ziemba, Lutz). But when it comes to filling that gap between the two, making those HS Studs college studs? Nada. It's not hard to see.

Exactly what a coaching bud of mine is saying too.  I have to agree.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #93 on: September 12, 2012, 05:25:39 AM »
Something doesn't make sense.

Coach Loeffler = Good QB Coach (OC = ?)
Coach Luper = Good RB Coach
Coach Taylor = Good WR Coach
Coach Bolware = Good TE Coach/Special Teams Coach
Coach Grimes = Good OL Coach
Coach Petition = Decent DL Coach
Coach Thigpen = Good LB Coach
Coach Matrinez = Good Secondary Coach
Coach Van Gorder = Good DC

The only two ”weak links” are the DL Coach and the unknown Coordinating of Coach Loeffler...and we don't have a QB with game experience (Frazier played last year basically as a RB, Moseley apparently has the shoulder of a 80 year old and Wallace is still wet behind the ears).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #94 on: September 12, 2012, 05:41:14 PM »
Just to pile on Holland...

Looks good to start

But then the play starts. And now the running back has gotten the ball and run 3 yards towards the line and the center has run out and knocked the shit out of Holland, but all Holland has managed to do is crumple up where he originally was.

And Holland is nowhere to be found.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #95 on: September 12, 2012, 05:45:27 PM »
Another example? Not sure I can find one. Oh wait...here is one on next play...

A counter play. Why a counter? Not sure. It's not like Holland moved anywhere to start.

It at least looks like he is trying to fight through the block huh???

Eh. Not really. He is going to try and just run around and use his speed from the backside again. Notice the back is 5 yards down field now when Jake is at the point of attack...

And again...he is nowhere to be found.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #96 on: September 12, 2012, 05:50:33 PM »
How are you getting these stills?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #97 on: September 12, 2012, 05:56:37 PM »

His BIL has a keen camera and hangs out in the locker...

Oh, wait, wrong guy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

chinook

« Reply #98 on: September 12, 2012, 06:38:59 PM »

prolly, sucking stat's penis. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #99 on: September 13, 2012, 09:42:30 AM »
His BIL has a keen camera and hangs out in the locker...

Oh, wait, wrong guy.

He doesn't "Hang out". 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."