Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: Moon scorches earth...
« Reply #60 on: September 10, 2012, 12:32:28 PM »
Modified!

This is like dejavu all over again!
I agree...again it is on the coaches who recruited these guys. 4 years...no viable option at the QB position?!?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

JR4AU

« Reply #61 on: September 10, 2012, 12:33:25 PM »
This is dead on target Kaos.

Here is where I look to coaching and see a potential problem.  They are sticking with these guys.  I am average Joe nobody and the mistakes being made by Kiehl IMO are not fixable in practice.  It is the same throws he was making last year.   I am not a 2nd QB is the best type of guy, but I don't understand why you keep trying to stick with something that isn't working. 

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results

I don't think Moseley is the answer,  I really don't think Wallace is either, but make the change.  Put them in, put Wallace in if Moseley is hurt.  It doesn't make sense to me.  Spurrier was classic for pulling a QB if it wasn't working, we do it for the other positions with out even batting an eye...do it for QB too. My gerd can it hurt to try? It can't get any worse.

If I can see it...why the fuck can't they?

Coaching is a double edged sword.  The way you get better is reps, reps, reps.  Not calling new plays every week.  Not drawing shit up in the sand.  Doing the same things over and over until you get good at them.   I'm not at practice, in meetings, or in the film room.  I only know what I see watching the game.  You can try to do too much, and be good at nothing.  I'm just not convinced that's the case here.  Our offense doesn't look like we have a voluminous playbook right now.  Yet, Frazier still can't get it done.    To agree with you, it looks like he's not capable of getting good at what they're trying to do.  2 options exists when it becomes clear you can't even get close to good at what you're doing with who you're doing it with.  Change what you're doing to suit the personnel, or change the personnel you're doing it with. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #62 on: September 10, 2012, 12:35:16 PM »
That was the one call I agreed with.
Tells me more what our staff thinks about Frazier.
From our own 10 yard line with a QB that had more interceptions than completions at that point...

Not that cut and dry...

^^^This, this, and this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #63 on: September 10, 2012, 12:37:06 PM »
Coaching is a double edged sword.  The way you get better is reps, reps, reps.  Not calling new plays every week.  Not drawing shit up in the sand.  Doing the same things over and over until you get good at them.   I'm not at practice, in meetings, or in the film room.  I only know what I see watching the game.  You can try to do too much, and be good at nothing.  I'm just not convinced that's the case here.  Our offense doesn't look like we have a voluminous playbook right now.  Yet, Frazier still can't get it done.    To agree with you, it looks like he's not capable of getting good at what they're trying to do.  2 options exists when it becomes clear you can't even get close to good at what you're doing with who you're doing it with.  Change what you're doing to suit the personnel, or change the personnel you're doing it with.

At this point, I am with GF. Seeing as how it doesn't look like it really can get any worse, why not try a new QB and Mike? In the Wins and Losses columns, you can get much worse than 0-2 in your first two games. I don't see what we lose in at least seeing what the other fellas have. Kiehl is obviously a different QB in the games than he is in practice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #64 on: September 10, 2012, 12:49:37 PM »
Honestly, I think the game is two fast for Kiehl.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #65 on: September 10, 2012, 12:52:55 PM »
I agree...again it is on the coaches who recruited these guys. 4 years...no viable option at the QB position?!?

Our QB development has been quite a perplexing drama for a while now.

We get Rollison who is supposed to be the shiznit and develope one more yeare behind elite 11 Caudle. But something was amiss and Rollison is young so we bring in Cam. Rollison bolts.

Caudle, not horrible. Just not Cam.

Trotter looks great and ready to compete. He freaks after what, 5 games. So with Rollison gone, we have Mosely as the backup. he plays like a Soph 2 star. We did not get lucky. Trotter comes in and looks great in bowl game.

Whew. Trotter is back and will have a great senior season. Hmmm. Trotter says screw it. I'd rather play intramural badminton.

Frazier is touted as the future. Gets some time playing. Can't throw and his running was not spectacular. I never remember seeing a run where I said, "Holy shit this guy can run."

OK. Mean streak Pike comes in early and looks OK as a third or forced second. He is now at UL as a TE???

Mosely hurts shoulder and really cannot compete. Doesn't matter. Still would look like two fat women fighting over a twinky.

So by default, we end up with a QB that is young and has limited experience and still shows it in practice, much less games.

So we are once again down to a young QB. A broke backup and a promising young unknown afterthought (Wallace aka black Moseley?).

So what is it about our program that seems to eat up QBs and turn them into mediocre players...or run them off?

If all was right within our program, Trotter would be back with a vengeance this season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #66 on: September 10, 2012, 12:59:26 PM »

QB development or recruiting...any way you slice that turd it still reeks of coaching. yes..no?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #67 on: September 10, 2012, 01:10:18 PM »

We get Rollison who is supposed to be the shiznit and develope one more yeare behind elite 11 Caudle. But something was amiss and Rollison is young so we bring in Cam. Rollison bolts.

Caudle, not horrible. Just not Cam.

Trotter looks great and ready to compete. He freaks after what, 5 games. So with Rollison gone, we have Mosely as the backup. he plays like a Soph 2 star. We did not get lucky. Trotter comes in and looks great in bowl game.

Whew. Trotter is back and will have a great senior season. Hmmm. Trotter says screw it. I'd rather play intramural badminton.

Frazier is touted as the future. Gets some time playing. Can't throw and his running was not spectacular. I never remember seeing a run where I said, "Holy shit this guy can run."

OK. Mean streak Pike comes in early and looks OK as a third or forced second. He is now at UL as a TE???

Mosely hurts shoulder and really cannot compete. Doesn't matter. Still would look like two fat women fighting over a twinky.

So by default, we end up with a QB that is young and has limited experience and still shows it in practice, much less games.

So we are once again down to a young QB. A broke backup and a promising young unknown afterthought (Wallace aka black Moseley?).

So what is it about our program that seems to eat up QBs and turn them into mediocre players...or run them off?

If all was right within our program, Trotter would be back with a vengeance this season.

I'd kill to have Trotter or Caudle back now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #68 on: September 10, 2012, 02:38:17 PM »
I'd kill to have Trotter or Caudle back now.

This. My take on the entire situation.  ANY limp dick, average Joe back there who could hit the occasional wide open pass and all we're discussing today is strategy and how we can improve in this area or that.

Oh yeah, and how bad Jake Holland is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #69 on: September 10, 2012, 02:41:51 PM »
This. My take on the entire situation.  ANY limp dick, average Joe back there who could hit the occasional wide open pass and all we're discussing today is strategy and how we can improve in this area or that.

Oh yeah, and how bad Jake Holland is.

THE CREED

YOU NEEDZ TO READZ IT.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

chinook

« Reply #70 on: September 10, 2012, 02:46:24 PM »
THE CREED

YOU NEEDZ TO READZ IT.

prayers sent.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #71 on: September 10, 2012, 02:50:16 PM »
They're just kids.  Leave em' the hell alone people
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #72 on: September 10, 2012, 02:57:58 PM »
They're just kids.  Leave em' the hell alone people

Jake Holland Creed?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #73 on: September 10, 2012, 03:28:29 PM »

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #74 on: September 10, 2012, 03:30:37 PM »
And the dude in the grey suit at .07 in the commercial I saw Saturday doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy...

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #75 on: September 10, 2012, 03:40:54 PM »
And the dude in the grey suit at .07 in the commercial I saw Saturday doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy...

Thanks I needed a laugh.  Correction though he would like to give you something warm and fuzzy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #76 on: September 10, 2012, 03:51:52 PM »
Thanks I needed a laugh.  Correction though he would like to give you something warm and fuzzy.

He looked more like he would like to receive than to give.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

chinook

« Reply #77 on: September 10, 2012, 05:20:11 PM »

He looked more like he would like to receive than to give.

you've got a keen eye for queer guy.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Come Honor Face

• Are you serious??
« Reply #78 on: September 10, 2012, 07:23:34 PM »
Does UNA have a QB that can transfer really quick?  Part of me wishes Pike was still at Auburn.  Watching the replay for a few minutes and comparing to old YouTube vids of Auburn's defense from 2005-2008 and its almost sickening.  I would love right now to have Will Herring or hell, even Tray Blackmon.  Fuck.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"you'll be a winner today, pick a fight with a 4 year old"

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #79 on: September 10, 2012, 10:22:06 PM »
Not necessarily.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs