Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

How Do You Tackle Better? By Tackling

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: How Do You Tackle Better? By Tackling
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2012, 10:48:48 AM »
:thumsup:   Him and me.   The chicks would be ours.

You and Jake in a keen Mustang?  The ultimate definition of pussy wagon.

Wait....I meant...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2012, 11:16:36 AM »
You and Jake in a keen Mustang?  The ultimate definition of pussy wagon.

Wait....I meant...

A hefty guffaw by me followed this post.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2012, 11:27:25 AM »
Mike Pelton is no Tracy Rocker. That is all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"That's what." -She

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2012, 11:49:44 AM »
+1000
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2012, 12:10:09 PM »
That helmet ain't coming off of Holland's head...the Perm that he gets before the game holds the helmet on. Another thing, no one knows what the Defensive calls were that had Jake bailing (it was probably a Middle Zone call, just guessing). Yeah, you can watch the game a Million times, but unless you were on the headset or on the field you don't know what the calls were....maybe they had the LBers read the QB on certain plays, or something, who knows...we certainly don't. I do know that there were times that Holland was about 3 yards deeper than Bates, other than that, no idear what the calls were. IMO, Holland looked better when he would stick his face up into a gap instead of trying to read and react the double teams that are coming at him, in front of a quick RB.

One thing I did notice, Ryan Smith is apparently being taught how to tackle by Neiko Thorpe.

I am no expert, but I am pretty sure that there is no "middle zone" plays for defending a run. Again, usually the play action pass calls are used to freeze the LB's just a bit to more open up the middle of the field and let a receiver get behind them. This would be the worst play call in the history of the world for our MLB because Jake plays pass the entire fucking game. He is definitely not a run stopping threat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2012, 12:11:48 PM »

Nor is he a Don Dunn or Terry Price.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2012, 12:13:43 PM »
Nor is he a Don Dunn or Terry Price.

But he is the Greg Knox of D-line coaches
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2012, 12:38:31 PM »

Meh...sacks are overrated.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

JR4AU

« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2012, 02:22:45 PM »
That helmet ain't coming off of Holland's head...the Perm that he gets before the game holds the helmet on. Another thing, no one knows what the Defensive calls were that had Jake bailing (it was probably a Middle Zone call, just guessing). Yeah, you can watch the game a Million times, but unless you were on the headset or on the field you don't know what the calls were....maybe they had the LBers read the QB on certain plays, or something, who knows...we certainly don't. I do know that there were times that Holland was about 3 yards deeper than Bates, other than that, no idear what the calls were. IMO, Holland looked better when he would stick his face up into a gap instead of trying to read and react the double teams that are coming at him, in front of a quick RB.

One thing I did notice, Ryan Smith is apparently being taught how to tackle by Neiko Thorpe.

True, we don't know what the calls are.  Doesn't stop people from bitching about CBs aligned 8 yards off the ball, which would be proper in Cover 3.  That said, if BVG has any call in his playbook where the Mike LB lines up 8 yards deep, ignores the personnel set that includes 2 TEs and 1 RB, down and distance of 1st and 10, and all the possible keys telling him it's run, like the pulling OL, the QB never raising the ball to prepare for pass, and the RB stepping forward to take a handoff, and he instead bails for 3 yards, then we need his ass fired today.   If he has a call where the LB reads run, and both DTs get double teamed, and no blocker ever gets on him, and he's supposed to wait on the RB to run through the A Gap, the gap he's responsible for, and "catch him" 7 yards down field, BVG has to go. 

It is my opinion, from watching Jake play, that he's scared.  He's scared of contact.  He simply doesn't have a MLB mentality. 

THS said that he heard McKinzie and Frost are physically better, but just not getting the defense yet?  Ok, I'll take his word for it.  Put them in.  IMO, it would be better to have guys that are physically ready to play, and mentally tough enough to crave the contact out there making mistakes going 100 MPH, than to have a guy like Holland playing as timid as he is.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2012, 02:27:50 PM »
It is my opinion, from watching Jake play, that he's scared.  He's scared of contact.

I always find that analysis to be a bit odd. How can a guy get a scholarship at a major college at MLB if there is any hint of "scared" in him? Tentative. Confused maybe. But scared?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2012, 02:28:57 PM »
I always find that analysis to be a bit odd. How can a guy get a scholarship at a major college at MLB if there is any hint of "scared" in him? Tentative. Confused maybe. But scared?

I agree with the hater of brown folks. 

Not a chance he is scared.  Dumber than a box of rocks maybe but scared no.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2012, 02:34:17 PM »

I agree with the hater of brown folks. 

Not a chance he is scared.  Dumber than a box of rocks maybe but scared no.

But smarter than a bag of dicks
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2012, 02:41:08 PM »

Scared?  Ok, maybe, maybe not.  Timid?  Hell yes, and that has no place in the make up of a MLB.  I just watched a play where the TE ran a route that put him catching the ball 3 yards in front of Jake's zone drop.  Caught the ball with his back to Jake. Great opportunity to lay the wood to this TE.  He made the tackle but barely hit the guy.  Had to wrestle him down when he had the chance to pop him good.   

Like the play I talked about yesterday where they ran the inside zone, and no blocker got up to Jake, and he "caught" the ball carrier 5 yards down field, and allows him to fall forward for 2 more, instead of meeting him in the hole with authority. 

Scared?  Maybe not, but damn sure doesn't have the mental make up of an SEC MLB.

Is it possible he's scared?  When you're no longer the man among boys stud like you were in HS, yeah, it's possible he's scared to play at this level.

I don't know what's in his head or heart, and don't know if he's dumb or smart.  I know his play as an SEC MLB sucks donkey balls!  And in this defense, that's not a good thing.   

Whatever it is, he's not getting the job done. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #53 on: September 06, 2012, 02:43:16 PM »
allows him to fall forward for 2 more, instead of meeting him in the hole with authority. 

The latter would be the Vandy Vol approach style.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #54 on: September 06, 2012, 02:44:13 PM »
Look...he's been playing hurt.  All those injuries make it hard to...wait, that was last year's excuse.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.