Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

How Do You Tackle Better? By Tackling

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Re: How Do You Tackle Better? By Tackling
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2012, 03:37:56 PM »
I'm watching a youtube of the game now.  Watching Holland.  On a Clemson drive it's 1st and 10, and Clemson has one TE in the formation, and motions a TE or a WR in to the Wing and the RB is lined up in the pistol.  At the snap Holland is lined up 7 and a half yards off the ball!  The play is run all the way.  Two pulling linemen.  There's no show of pass by the QB at all, his hands stay low with the ball as he hands it on a counter play.  Holland bails for 3 yards before he realizes it's run!  The  blocker assigned to him has to chase him down, and makes first contact 8 yards down field as the RB comes right behind him.  Gain of 11, right through the B gap, and Holland isn't even part of the tackle when it's made. 

Next play?  They run play action off the same OL blocking look and Holland is sucked in to the line by it.  Completion to the left flat for a gain of 20. 

Next play run from just inside the 10, it's first and goal.  Holland gets lined up 5 yards off the ball (where he should be), and they run Inside Zone right up the Gut out of the pistol set.  The DTs actually do their job here, and make the double teams on them stay long enough that Holland can get up in the A gap, and meet the ball carrier. What does he do?  He doesn't even take a read/mirror step up, he just dances a bit, and waits to catch the ball carrier for a 7 yard gain. 

That's just one drive where Holland is so full of fail it boggles the mind. 

K was right, he's worse than bad! 

Those plays start at about 7:45 in the 1st Q. 

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:  He will GET crushed in SEC games.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 03:50:59 PM by dallaswareagle »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2012, 03:39:42 PM »
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:  He will crushed in SEC games.
Caveman angry.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2012, 03:46:36 PM »
I'm watching a youtube of the game now.  Watching Holland.  On a Clemson drive it's 1st and 10, and Clemson has one TE in the formation, and motions a TE or a WR in to the Wing and the RB is lined up in the pistol.  At the snap Holland is lined up 7 and a half yards off the ball!  The play is run all the way.  Two pulling linemen.  There's no show of pass by the QB at all, his hands stay low with the ball as he hands it on a counter play.  Holland bails for 3 yards before he realizes it's run!  The  blocker assigned to him has to chase him down, and makes first contact 8 yards down field as the RB comes right behind him.  Gain of 11, right through the B gap, and Holland isn't even part of the tackle when it's made. 

Next play?  They run play action off the same OL blocking look and Holland is sucked in to the line by it.  Completion to the left flat for a gain of 20. 

Next play run from just inside the 10, it's first and goal.  Holland gets lined up 5 yards off the ball (where he should be), and they run Inside Zone right up the Gut out of the pistol set.  The DTs actually do their job here, and make the double teams on them stay long enough that Holland can get up in the A gap, and meet the ball carrier. What does he do?  He doesn't even take a read/mirror step up, he just dances a bit, and waits to catch the ball carrier for a 7 yard gain. 

That's just one drive where Holland is so full of fail it boggles the mind. 

K was right, he's worse than bad! 

Those plays start at about 7:45 in the 1st Q. 

Those aren't the plays from that first quarter drive.

However, he was horrible on those plays too...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2012, 03:50:30 PM »
Caveman angry.

I was trying to think of word to put in there. It came to me later:    Get
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2012, 03:53:16 PM »
The  blocker assigned to him has to chase him down, and makes first contact 8 yards down field as the RB comes right behind him.  Gain of 11, right through the B gap, and Holland isn't even part of the tackle when it's made. 

Sorry but I am still  :rofl: at THIS ^^^
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2012, 04:06:21 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

JR4AU

« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2012, 04:17:11 PM »
Those aren't the plays from that first quarter drive.

However, he was horrible on those plays too...

I believe they started about 745 in the second quarter my mistake.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2012, 05:10:57 PM »
I can't believe you guys give Jake so much shit.  He grew a real keen fro and gave his best Mr. Meanie look in his individual photo.  It's pretty scary. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2012, 05:14:19 PM »
I believe they started about 745 in the second quarter my mistake.

At 7:45 into the youtube video, he's awful. 

What the hell is up with his bouncing up and down five times before going after the ball carrier?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2012, 05:31:52 PM »
At 7:45 into the youtube video, he's awful. 

What the hell is up with his bouncing up and down five times before going after the ball carrier?

It makes his fro jiggle so he'll look scarier to the runner.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

noxin

« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2012, 05:35:09 PM »

He's trying to shake his helmet off so he can come out of the game
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2012, 05:42:46 PM »

#winning
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2012, 06:28:50 PM »
Post of the day!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Token

« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2012, 09:34:39 PM »

:bugs:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2012, 09:50:40 PM »
That helmet ain't coming off of Holland's head...the Perm that he gets before the game holds the helmet on. Another thing, no one knows what the Defensive calls were that had Jake bailing (it was probably a Middle Zone call, just guessing). Yeah, you can watch the game a Million times, but unless you were on the headset or on the field you don't know what the calls were....maybe they had the LBers read the QB on certain plays, or something, who knows...we certainly don't. I do know that there were times that Holland was about 3 yards deeper than Bates, other than that, no idear what the calls were. IMO, Holland looked better when he would stick his face up into a gap instead of trying to read and react the double teams that are coming at him, in front of a quick RB.

One thing I did notice, Ryan Smith is apparently being taught how to tackle by Neiko Thorpe.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 11:01:14 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2012, 10:12:48 PM »
I am bookface pals with Jakes dad, y'all are now in deep....deep trouble.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2012, 10:35:59 PM »
That helmet ain't coming off of Holland's head...the Perm that he gets before the game holds the helmet on.
Afro sheen?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2012, 11:09:16 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2012, 09:29:11 AM »
One thing I did notice, Ryan Smith is apparently being taught how to tackle by Neiko Thorpe.

AMEN! That was about the worst tackling example I had ever seen. I kept running it back over and over showing my son (who plays QB) how not to tackle. I was embarrassed for him.

The sad part is that we look to be getting our tackling instructions from the same guy as last season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

dallaswareagle

« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2012, 10:41:03 AM »
I can't believe you guys give Jake so much shit.  He grew a real keen fro and gave his best Mr. Meanie look in his individual photo.  It's pretty scary.

:thumsup:   Him and me.   The chicks would be ours.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions