Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Dothan Lawyers Alarm

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Dothan Lawyers Alarm
« on: August 24, 2012, 09:04:53 AM »
Warning: It has long been established that lawyers make too much money but they make waaaaay too much money in the circle city. Do not try to pull out onto a thoroughfare behind an ambulance in the circle city. :haha: Fair and balanced, al reports: DOTHAN, Alabama -- Alabama lawyers wanting to bring in the cash flow don't have to look too far. Business Insider recently named Dothan as one of the five U.S. cities where lawyers make the most money.
http://blog.al.com/montgomery/2012/08/dothan_makes_list_of_top_5_cit.html#incart_river_default
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 09:07:21 AM by WiregrassTiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: Dothan Lawyers Alarm
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 09:11:13 AM »
There is only one who cares.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 09:25:53 AM »
And now we know the rest of the story.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 10:44:48 AM »
While there are attorneys who make a substantial amount of money, there are also a significant number of attorneys who do not.  Almost one-fourth of attorneys in Alabama made $25,000 or less before taxes in 2009.

We're still all evil sons of bitches; we're just not all rich evil sons of bitches.

http://www.alabar.org/media/news/images/04042012_Economic-SurveyofLawyersinAlabama2010Report.pdf
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 10:47:31 AM »
While there are attorneys who make a substantial amount of money, there are also a significant number of attorneys who do not.  Almost one-fourth of attorneys in Alabama made $25,000 or less before taxes in 2009.

We're still all evil sons of bitches; we're just not all rich evil sons of bitches.

http://www.alabar.org/media/news/images/04042012_Economic-SurveyofLawyersinAlabama2010Report.pdf

Cause they get paid in straight cash homey.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2012, 10:50:37 AM »

See, why do you have to try to confuse things with facts and stuff? Bottom line, we need wealth redistribution from others to me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2012, 11:00:05 AM »
Cause they get paid in straight cash homey.

Sometimes, but not as often as people would think.

Attorneys who make lots of money typically have prominent clients.  Prominent clients are more often than not business entities.  Business entities want to be able to take deductions for their expenses.  Payments for legal services rendered to business entities can often be deducted.  It doesn't behoove businesses to pay attorneys cash under the table, because then they have no way of deducting those expenses.

Same thing goes for large firms who have associates and junior partners which make $100,000+ a year.  The wages they pay their employees are deductible.  Pay them in cash and you can't deduct it.  Not to mention that I've never seen a large firm handle their payroll in cash.

I don't doubt that many attorneys receive cash and don't report it, but I don't think it happens quite as often and in as large amounts as many people think.  I highly doubt that the 27% of full-time attorneys who reported making less than $50,000 a year before taxes have tons of cash payments that they're hiding which would significantly increase their income.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

djsimp

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2012, 11:00:37 AM »
See, why do you have to try to confuse things with facts and stuff? Bottom line, we need wealth redistribution from others to me.

You voting for Obama?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2012, 11:01:47 AM »

Attorneys who make lots of money typically have prominent clients.  Prominent clients are more often than not business entities.  Business entities want to be able to take deductions for their expenses.  Payments for legal services rendered to business entities can often be deducted.  It doesn't behoove businesses to pay attorneys cash under the table, because then they have no way of deducting those expenses.

Same thing goes for large firms who have associates and junior partners which make $100,000+ a year.  The wages they pay their employees are deductible.  Pay them in cash and you can't deduct it.  Not to mention that I've never seen a large firm handle their payroll in cash.

I don't doubt that many attorneys receive cash and don't report it, but I don't think it happens quite as often and in as large amounts as many people think.  I highly doubt that the 27% of full-time attorneys who reported making less than $50,000 a year before taxes have tons of cash payments that they're hiding which would significantly increase their income.

I think Sani was referring to your side business of male prostitution.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2012, 11:03:52 AM »
I think Sani was referring to your side business of male prostitution.

Sure, but I don't give any legal advice while doing the helicopter dick in front of one of my Johns.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2012, 11:05:59 AM »

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2012, 11:07:16 AM »
You voting for Obama?
Are you on crack?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2012, 11:18:03 AM »
I wonder why a certain someone hasn't posted in this thread?  He's probably on this fourth vacation of the summer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2012, 11:25:49 AM »
I wonder why a certain someone hasn't posted in this thread?  He's probably on this fourth vacation of the summer.

:haha:

He's skeered.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2012, 11:26:43 AM »
Are you on crack?

Thats a TigerX prerequisite.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2012, 11:28:07 AM »
Thats a Clemson TigerX prerequisite.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2012, 11:31:54 AM »

I have good information telling me that the knock off Tigers are doing bath salt these days.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2012, 11:37:49 AM »

I don't doubt that many attorneys receive cash and don't report it, but I don't think it happens quite as often and in as large amounts as many people think. I highly doubt that the 27% of full-time attorneys who reported making less than $50,000 a year before taxes have tons of cash payments that they're hiding which would significantly increase their income.
Maybe they should just move to Dothan. I wish we could get some Dothan atty input or maybe someone could come to their defense? Although, they do have the right to remain silent.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2012, 01:24:03 PM »

Always ask for the cash price.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."