Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Andy Staples SEC preview

Andy Staples SEC preview
« on: August 23, 2012, 02:37:15 PM »
Not bad, picks Auburn tied for 3rd in the west with a 9-3 record.  Think I would be happy with a season like that.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/andy_staples/08/23/sec-conference-preview/index.html?eref=sihp&sct=hp_t11_a0

An excerpt...

Does anyone stand a chance beyond the big three in the SEC West? Don't sleep on Auburn, which has a defense full of talented players who got through their growing pains last season. New coordinator Brian VanGorder, who ran the Atlanta Falcons defense from 2008-11, brings one of the game's great mustaches back to the league for the first time since 2004. (We're not counting his one-month stint at South Carolina. Neither are Gamecocks fans, who loved the job Ellis Johnson did.) Defensive end Corey Lemonier is one of the SEC's best pass rushers, and defensive tackle Jeffery Whitaker is an athletic 300-pounder who can play the run and the pass well. After losing Gus Malzahn, the Tigers could look quite different on offense, but they don't lack for speedy playmakers. Senior Onterrio McCalebb and sophomore Tre (La Soul) Mason should ease the premature departure of Michael Dyer as Auburn shifts to a more run-focused offense. Is Auburn ready to run the gauntlet and win the West for the second time in three seasons? Probably not. But don't be shocked if the Tigers beat at least one of the big three and make the race more intriguing.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/andy_staples/08/23/sec-conference-preview/index.html#ixzz24ObU5wXc
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
Re: Andy Staples SEC preview
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 08:12:14 PM »
I could live with a 9-3 regular season, then win the bowl game to finish with 10 wins for the year. By my measure, given the number of underclassmen we'll play, a 9-10 win season sets us up nicely in the rankings for the next few years.

The caveat is that, in the 3 losses (assuming his prediction comes true), we must be competitive. Last seasons blowouts killed us in the preseason rankings for this year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

JR4AU

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 10:53:14 PM »
I could live with a 9-3 regular season, then win the bowl game to finish with 10 wins for the year. By my measure, given the number of underclassmen we'll play, a 9-10 win season sets us up nicely in the rankings for the next few years.

The caveat is that, in the 3 losses (assuming his prediction comes true), we must be competitive. Last seasons blowouts killed us in the preseason rankings for this year.

If Frazier is serviceable, this is the type season and future I'm predicting.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 12:12:37 AM »
If Frazier is serviceable, this is the type season and future I'm predicting.

Assuming that his jock isn't empty, he's serviceable.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 10:18:39 AM »
Assuming that his jock isn't empty, he's serviceable.

Did you take (touch-fondle) something?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'